Thread: Opie problems.

Opie problems.

I just Server changed back to my old server, Since the main name i had on the previous server "Zeta" was taken i had to go to my back up one "Zetaomega". Now on my old server i had a lock named "Zetaomega" and i had a mount ring for him. For some reason since iv server changed and had to change my mains name to Zetaomega it keeps using the alt that i have on another server's ring. Anyway to get around this.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    ... Anyway to get around this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know specifically, but if you change you're character's name in the WoW -> WTF -> SERVERNAME folder to your new toon's name, it should incorporate your old settings, but idk if this works for all addons or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    i had a mount ring for him. For some reason since iv server changed and had to change my mains name to Zetaomega it keeps using the alt that i have on another server's ring.

Best bet is to post a comment on their board and try to get the mod to help you http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9094-OPie.html
    Last edited by Shadowysaint; 2010-06-17 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Better understanding

Good suggestion Keyling, but opie does not seem to save per character.

/opie - and see if there is another Profile listed under the drop-down box.
    Otherwise see if the ring is still present by expanding using the + sign on the far left, where the addon and others are listed, and click Custom Rings.
    If the ring is still present, then you may be able to adjust the "availability" of it so making it useable on that character.

You can try to manually adjust the saved variables outside of the game, but this is rather more fiddly. You will need to exit wow in order to do this.

Find the /WTF/Account - and open the /AccountName/SavedVariables folder (for your account) and look for the Opie.lua file.
    Open that with a basic text editor, notepad (if windows) or whatever else you might use on something else, browse for the Ring by its name, and there should be a line describing the author.

Something like the following -
    ["author"] = "EU-Khadgar-Zeta",
    Replace the Realm name and character name, as appropriate, save it and load wow again.
    Then check again with the above to see if the ring is present under any profile.