The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Will wowporgres consider 10 man as world first ?

So with the new 25 and 10 mans raid shareing the same ID/achievements what do you think wowprogres will do in cata ?
    Mix the 2 category 10 and 25 man ?
    Still have 10/25 man ?
    Only post about 25 or 10 man ( depends wich of them is most popular ) ?
    My gues is that theyl just mix 10 with 25 man but i hope theyl keep 10 and 25 man separated somewhere deep in my heart :P

10+ Year Old Account
    25 mans are techically harder to put together and require more cordination still

so no

25 will likly stay the world firsts that matter

prolly depends on what happends to the top 200 guilds in Cata

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still seems like that 25mans would be a bit harder, to coordinate 25 people togather, no only 10
    So nop, only 25man
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Poll!

Gief poll! I wanna vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

It will depend on how Blizzard tune the encounters. As usual, the hardest encounters will be the ones getting the fame. I remember mmo-champion having in frontpage the first kill of S3D 10 man and regarding it as harder than 25 man, because at that time, that was the case.

I'm inclined to believe that 25 mans will keep being the hardest setting, but we'll have to wait and see the success ratio of 10/25 man guilds in the different settings before gauging it.

As Blizzard stated that 10/25 loot will be the same (as item IDs, just different quantity) and also that achievements will be merged (not separate for 10/25) there will be no "easy" way to track where you've done your progress. So most probably sites like wowprogress will too merge 10/25 together.

You don't suppose they do "first 10man kill" and "first 25man kill". Otherwise who cares, such a slim chance to get first kill anyhow :P.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Since there will be no mechanism to track/verify... World/Server First is World/Server First. Be it 10 or 25.. won't matter. There will be no 25 man achievements vs 10 man achievements... no gear difference to tell which version.

10's will be the new progession leaders... a tight elite group of players... 25's will be relegated to more casual guilds who want to farm more badges.

Fine by me... a crack team of 10 is WAY more enticing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Since there will be no mechanism to track/verify... World/Server First is World/Server First. Be it 10 or 25.. won't matter. There will be no 25 man achievements vs 10 man achievements... no gear difference to tell which version.

10's will be the new progession leaders... a tight elite group of players... 25's will be relegated to more casual guilds who want to farm more badges.

Fine by me... a crack team of 10 is WAY more enticing to me.
    This.

Who cares how what wow progress thinks. World first is world first, 10 or 25. 10 Mans will run the leader boards for content.

FACT: while coordinating 25 people is harder. One healer or DPS dying in a fire matters WAYYYY less in 25 man than in 10 man. So no, 10 man is not easier. Its all in the tuning. If they are similarly tuned, 10 mans will be for the few and hard.

Bye bye baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallyah View Post
    It will depend on how Blizzard tune the encounters. As usual, the hardest encounters will be the ones getting the fame. I remember mmo-champion having in frontpage the first kill of S3D 10 man and regarding it as harder than 25 man, because at that time, that was the case.

I'm inclined to believe that 25 mans will keep being the hardest setting, but we'll have to wait and see the success ratio of 10/25 man guilds in the different settings before gauging it.
    Would have to go with this one.

Sure, there won't be achievements or gear differences, but guilds will still be taking kill-screens, and whichever of the two is considered harder, will get more fame on the world-first.

It's ridiculous to say 10 man is easier. Most of not all encounters were tuned to be easier in 10 man than 25 in this expansion. When they're par on difficulty in Cataclysm it's far less noticable if two or three people die while raiding 25s. You can carry some dead weight, this isn't the case in 10 mans.

True it takes some more organisation at time to sort 25 people, but that doesn't scale it higher on difficulty.
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Adysux View Post
    So with the new 25 and 10 mans raid shareing the same ID/achievements what do you think wowprogres will do in cata ?
    Mix the 2 category 10 and 25 man ?
    Still have 10/25 man ?
    Only post about 25 or 10 man ( depends wich of them is most popular ) ?
    My gues is that theyl just mix 10 with 25 man but i hope theyl keep 10 and 25 man separated somewhere deep in my heart :P
    probly gonna be mainly 10 mans now