Thread: Prot gear help!

Prot gear help!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ee&cn=Liriklol

(ignore the unenchanted/ungemmed gloves and boots, I just got those)

Well, basically as you can see a lot of my gear is in dire need of upgrading. I got into a 10 man ICC and cleared all the way up to sindragosa but no boss dropped tanking loot. Also, my VoA 10/25 was fail as well and nothing dropped. With my current gear, where exactly can I get upgrades from? Is my only solution to wait it out until next week for a fresh ICC and just hope that I'm lucky?

I really am not sure what else I could possibly obtain PRE-ICC that could make my stats and tanking better.

Other than saving up frost badges, it looks pretty solid for what it is. Back, belt and trinket are a good start. I also like the 245 armor/dodge trinket you can get with heroic badges. Not too sure about that +10 stats gem but it looks pretty good to me.

Deleted
    You could go for the ICC-crafted boots, as well as the badge belt (carefull not to dip defence to low), and the badge libram. Other then that it looks pretty solid to me. Just swap out the +10stats for a 15stam+10 agi|dodge one

I would consider dropping your glyph of HoR for the glyph of Judgement, considering raids. Specc is decent I'd say.

Happy tanking!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethena View Post
    I would consider dropping your glyph of HoR for the glyph of Judgement, considering raids.
    Happy tanking!
    Erm... theres alot better glyphs to choose for either enviroment for tanking, Glyph of Judgement is not it.

Glyph of Sense Undeads a must have minor glyph too

And as Jameson said most upgradeable stuff for you atm requires stocking up on EoF's, or if u got some cash flow look at getting the Crafted Boots+legs

Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    Erm... theres alot better glyphs to choose for either enviroment for tanking, Glyph of Judgement is not it.

Glyph of Sense Undeads a must have minor glyph too

And as Jameson said most upgradeable stuff for you atm requires stocking up on EoF's, or if u got some cash flow look at getting the Crafted Boots+legs
    Which glyphs are better to choose exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Righteous Defense, Glyph of Salvation, both better choices than Hammer or Judgement

Never say "I'm hit capped, i don't need glyph of righteous defense", last time i checked Hand of Reckoning still has a 17% miss, imo its fairly necessary since theres not always a time where you can use righteous defense safely (say on LK where the adds are also on the main tank and your tanking shambling horrors)

Salvation is nice for the extra cooldown, but your dps would need to watch their threat alot more, either way if you need the extra threat from judgement your probably not doing 969 right as it is, or your rogues/hunters aren't tricks'ing you enough, most fights in ICC dont need you to pick up 4 mobs at once, only fight that does is valithria and thats 10 worms anyway so hammer glyph won't make much of a difference.

Pick RD or Salv as your last slot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silorn View Post
    Glyph of Righteous Defense, Glyph of Salvation, both better choices than Hammer or Judgement

Never say "I'm hit capped, i don't need glyph of righteous defense", last time i checked Hand of Reckoning still has a 17% miss, imo its fairly necessary since theres not always a time where you can use righteous defense safely (say on LK where the adds are also on the main tank and your tanking shambling horrors)

Salvation is nice for the extra cooldown, but your dps would need to watch their threat alot more, either way if you need the extra threat from judgement your probably not doing 969 right as it is, or your rogues/hunters aren't tricks'ing you enough, most fights in ICC dont need you to pick up 4 mobs at once, only fight that does is valithria and thats 10 worms anyway so hammer glyph won't make much of a difference.

Our Prot Paladin always uses RD on myself once I gather up the adds :P

You could probably pick up the Glyph of Indomitability, which is better than Black Heart in many situations. If you can afford it, the 264 crafted legs are BiS for almost every situation, as the imp armor is huge in ICC. Probably get the 264 badge libram LAST though as its only a minor upgrade from the 245 one. If you want to have fun spend 25 triumph badges on the ret libram for the 200 strength proc, its pretty fun for tanking heroics/easier bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silorn View Post

DOH! ofc you should have the RD glyph... silly me...

I have a follow up question, is the Libram of the Eternal Tower a huge decrease compared to the Libram of Defiance?

If I were to equip one or the other would it make or break anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Aíoh View Post
    One thing i think is a little bit stupid, is that you bought the 264 Relic instead of just useing the 245 one. The 245 one gives 200 dodge INSTANTLY, meanwhile you have to build up the stacks on the 264. That means, if you just stand for like 15 secs, doing nothing (some does on Saurfang etc.)
    Id recommend you to buy the 251 tier 10 tanking shoulders, Buy the belt from badges (Vedegris, or whatever its called) and the 264 hand from badges. Get the 264 boots crafted, (Boots of the Kingly Upheaval)
    After that i would recommend you to buy the 251 tier 10 helm, for the 2p tier 10. Else your gear looks pretty neat.
    As stated b4, change your 10 stats out with the 15 stam 10 agi.
    I would say, that you should try do ToC 25 till you get the Juggernaut's Vitality (192 stam ftw.)
    Else, don't aim to high for the VoA runs, there never drops anything you can use.
    Ya, I agree pretty stupid of me for getting it. Anyways, I am planning on purchasing the belt next with frost emblems followed by the shoulders or what not. But, the 264 boots are insanely expensive. I only have enough gold to buy the primordials which will cripple me in the long run.

Also, what do you guys think about my trinkets?

I have:

Corroded Skeleton Key
    Glyph of Indomitability
    The Black Heart
    Ick's Rotting Thumb

I am currently sitting at 30% dodge with Ick's Rotting Thumb and Corroded Skeleton Key equipped. I may be able to utilize these trinkets better but I am not sure how to go about it...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lirik; 2010-06-18 at 08:51 PM.