Boots. Which one?

I know my class and all just im really stumped about this. If I choose th Grinning Skull boots off Valith(http://www.wowhead.com/item=50190), it puts me in the path of getting this tank gear. But if I take the Boots of Kingly(http://www.wowhead.com/item=49907) it puts me in another path. This is really the only thing I have ever had a problem deciding.

What im asking is what do you guys think? Current gear is below.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...usher&cn=Vadei

Im leaning towards the Kingly ones.

Definately the ones with expertise, you'd be way over hitcap with the crafted boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Definately the ones with expertise, you'd be way over hitcap with the crafted boots.
    What worries me is, alot of the ICC gear has 0 hit. Meaning once I replace a few things im gonna laking hit.

Quote Originally Posted by vadei View Post
    What worries me is, alot of the ICC gear has 0 hit. Meaning once I replace a few things im gonna laking hit.
    wat

What? There's an assload of hit on ICC gear. Yeah, that's enough to fill an entire ass.

I have the Expertise boots from Valithria, and I'm still hit capped for melee.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ion&cn=Lumidar

Deleted
    The other way around. A lot of ICC gear has shittons of hit, but very little exp. Or then the exp is linked with a completely useless stat, usually arp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    The other way around. A lot of ICC gear has shittons of hit, but very little exp. Or then the exp is linked with a completely useless stat, usually arp.
    He's prot, boss. There are no expertise/arp prot boots in ICC.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    it comes down to what you need, hit or expertise. answer that and you'll have the item you should get.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Grinning skull are the better option, as Exp hardcaps at 52, which I doubt you'd ever get near, and you'd be far over the hitcap with the kingly upheaval boots
    Last edited by crazymunch; 2010-06-19 at 01:43 AM.

thanks for all the replies. Hopefully the boots will decide to drop for a chance. If not I guess I just get to cry for another week :'(

you'll be looking to remove hit hardcore eventually. get the expertise boots as the exp cap is nearly unattainable.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    you'll be looking to remove hit hardcore eventually. get the expertise boots as the exp cap is nearly unattainable.
    Expertise isn't very valuable in ICC. Very few bosses have parry-haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson View Post
    its still good for threat.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    He's prot, boss. There are no expertise/arp prot boots in ICC.
    He knows that, which is why hes saying its hard to find exp boots with out dps stats

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson View Post
    Wrong, expertise is highly valuable, this is why tanks lose aggro and get their dps smashed in the face. Expertise has more value in threat up over hit rating up until you hit 26, and even then its equal, so adding expertise will give you more threat then any other stat will. Expertise>Hit Rating just dont cost yourself too much survivability trying to get it if you aren't having threat problems. With your current gear setup i would consider getting your tier 10 tank gloves for the hit rating, when you get grinning skull boots drop for you doing so would keep you just over hit cap and should soft cap your expertise with the glyph of seal of vengeance which will be a nice threat increase.

I didn't say expertise was worthless. I just wouldn't aim for 50+ like we did in ToC.

And any tanks having threat issues in 25-man have other problems than a few points of expertise.