Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Because just as with the "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING" thing, Blizzard did not think this through. They are content with saying:

New changes in the world calls for new classes among the races. Which is, of course, ridiculous from a lore-point of view. Again, your arguments are valid. Night Elves would be much more suitable candidates for the paladin class, but such reason does not work on Blizzard.

I'ma go ahead and blame this on the Activision merger.
    While that works for Modern Warfare 2, Blizzard publishes World of Warcraft so Activision has no say on the game elements. Activision strictly gives finacial backing to Blizzard and makes a percentage of the profits. Activision published Modern Warfare 2 so they were able to run it into the ground. Point being that Blizzard likes to add/remove/change their lore for whatever reason, just because they can and not because an outside force is making them.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    i ve been wondering about this for a while. I dont understand why nelfs cant be paladins. I mean they are already familiar with the holy light, thus the night elven priesthood has the ability to use it.

Belfs became paladins by actually distorting the holy light in the begining
    (although they can be priests ...)
    on the other hand i dont understand how taurens will be able to become paladins & priests in such a sort period of time...

how could the tauren naturalists see the missing link in their balance theory while nelfs , though being familiar with both the holy light and the powers of the nature never became interested in becoming paladins
    Night elves do have paladins thoe they call them Huntress class. Paladins are warriors of light, and Night elves have thier own beliefs. They see Elune as THE godess and do not seek further. Taurens accept Elune but only as one part of Earthmother. (jing-jang, night-day). Here is where there Sunwalkers come from. They do not believe in same light as humans, dwarfs, blood elves but in there own spin off. Essentialy they draw their powers from the sun as druids draw their powers from the moon.. While Night Elves see Elune as supreme and Taurens only see her as one part of the whole.

Proof:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/19820...vl2040-mounts/
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Sunwalker
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Sentinels

About Huntress, here is what it is said on wowwiki:
    Huntresses are the elite cadre of the Sentinel army. Drawing their strength from the moon goddess, Elune, these warrior women ride the feral nightsaber panthers into battle. Huntresses are strong and swift, and merciless to those who would defile the sanctity of Ashenvale Forest. Huntresses also have a close bond with the owls of the forest. These owls relay information and spy for the Sentinel army. These are the mounted warrior version of sentinels.

As I said, like paladins they draw their power from moon godess, the same as night elf priests do.
    (if anyone didn't know huntresses are all women the same as priestess in night elf culture, druids on other hand are all men.)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11018

this may have nothing to do with this because she's a reference to wonder woman but she looks like a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Night elves do have paladins thoe they call them Huntress class. Paladins are warriors of light, and Night elves have thier own beliefs. They see Elune as THE godess and do not seek further. Taurens accept Elune but only as one part of Earthmother. (jing-jang, night-day). Here is where there Sunwalkers come from. They do not believe in same light as humans, dwarfs, blood elves but in there own spin off. Essentialy they draw their powers from the sun as druids draw their powers from the moon.. While Night Elves see Elune as supreme and Taurens only see her as one part of the whole.

Proof:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/19820...vl2040-mounts/
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Sunwalker
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Sentinels

About Huntress, here is what it is said on wowwiki:
    Huntresses are the elite cadre of the Sentinel army. Drawing their strength from the moon goddess, Elune, these warrior women ride the feral nightsaber panthers into battle. Huntresses are strong and swift, and merciless to those who would defile the sanctity of Ashenvale Forest. Huntresses also have a close bond with the owls of the forest. These owls relay information and spy for the Sentinel army. These are the mounted warrior version of sentinels.

As I said, like paladins they draw their power from moon godess, the same as night elf priests do.
    (if anyone didn't know huntresses are all women the same as priestess in night elf culture, druids on other hand are all men.)
    Sentinels = paladins imo in terms of gameplay. I like how you conveniently left out this passage:
    "These warrior women practice both the art of combat, as well as that of healing and life-giving in the name of Elune. "
    So they are warrior with healing abilities. Sounds like a paladin to me in terms of game mechanics.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted
    I see no reason why there cant be zealous fighters of Elune, like the Sisterhood of Elune during the War of the ancients, who weared plate armours, healed their comrades and fought demons with unstoppable efficiency of holy weapons (Healing abilityes+plate+demon fighting sounds like paladin to me), they can just adopt the game mechanics of paladin (like how undead and human adopt hunter mechanics not because they are close to nature, but because they are marksmans) and fight for Elune instead of holy light.
    Presto!
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2010-06-19 at 10:21 AM.

Screw NE paladins.

Now Gnome Hunters, thats the ticket.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailigy View Post
    Just like how there isn't already Human Hunters. Which makes more sense than Tauren Hunters. Cause you know, a cow sending a alligator to attack you makes total sense >>
    There are human hunters in game. Daryl the youngling for one.

EJL

Because thats what Hagrid told us. And we must always do what Hagrid say's.

Quote Originally Posted by raubez View Post
    I don't understand why people must have every fucking race be every fucking class
    Very few people are saying anything of the sort.

if every priest race should have a paladin then trolls have equal rights to the paladin class, you want troll paladins?
    Actually, trolladins would be one of the most awesome things ever.

Draeneis got big clumsy hooves and a big fat tail that make it hard to manuever and change directions quickly
    Draenei have a higher base agility than dwarves, and tails tend to improve balance.

demons got their demonic enhancing abilities to use stealth
    Hate to use an over-used comeback here...but, source?

the number one argument for these kinda threads is "b-b-b-ut they spent alot of time with the race that has this class so they could just learn it*sadface*"
    And the argument that you have just used here is "yer a baby, yer a baby, yer a baby, yer a baby" at everyone with whom you disagree.

You're setting it up so every race can become every class in the whole game.
    Not really. Forsaken druids, blood elf shaman, draenei warlocks, tauren warlocks, and night elf warlocks would all require the destruction of large quantities of cheap ceramics.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven View Post
    By your logic trolls cannot be druids coz afaik they LEARN IT from the new tribe.
    I think the explanation is now, "oh, the troll druids were all just hiding."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Its the same reason why humans can not be shamans, as they have no faith in the spirits.
    or polytheism in general

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post

Not really. Forsaken druids, blood elf shaman, draenei warlocks, tauren warlocks, and night elf warlocks would all require the destruction of large quantities of cheap ceramics.
    you forgot orc pala/priest :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna debate too!

I WANT NIGHT ELF TO BE ABLE TO BE A SHAMAN.... MOON SPIRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAG!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    you forgot orc pala/priest :P
    Those are more in the "what is this, I don't even" category than in the "warrants undue cruelty to ugly souvenir mugs" one.

Actually...now that someone mentioned it, Troll Paladins I think actually DID exist at one point in time-the Zandalari Tribe's Paladin Quests told the players that their abilites resembled that of a group of trolls that were originally deemed as Heretics, but were later called the "Free Thinkers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu View Post
    They will probably release more new race/class combos after the cataclysm release. I'd imagine seeing:

[Red = Not likely, Blue = Might happen, Green = Highest probability]

Blood Elf: Druid Why not? //they DONT have a connection with nature.
    Orc: Priest Why not really? All other races have priests now // orcs DONT worship the light by any mean.
    Undead: Paladin Probably won't happen. Undead Priests use holy for game mechanics,
    and shouldn't be able to use holy spells otherwise. But lore can be mended //paladins were inmune to the plague, wich is the primary origin of undead.

Night Elf: Paladin They can be priests, and it wouldn't look that bad actually. Also
    there are Night Elves paladins in game //just read previous posts.
    Worgen: Shaman They are able to play as too many classes already. Otherwise I think
    it would look good as hell. No lore support also, as far as I know about (Which isn't much) //they are not favored by spirits.or comune with them
    Gnome: Hunter Would look really weird. I don't support this. But it is possible //yeah right, critter hunters...
    Paladin If gnomes get an additional class it is Paladin. I think it could work //they area getting priests, im not pretty sure why...so i cant comment on this. also how I see it...NOT

Rest of possible class and race combos are just wrong in my mind at least
    by the way, the tauren paladin combo is far from being silly or dumb. research a bit. seek Apony brightmane.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2010-06-19 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably Alliance already has what, 4 races that can be pallys when cata comes out?

Who cares Belfs look lame as do Nelfs, Imma go Tauren when Cata comes out for sure.