Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    The only thing I can say is: Lore.

Draenei can't be Warlocks because the Lore doesn't fit.
    Human can't be Druids because the Lore doesn't fit.
    Orcs can't be Priests because the Lore doesn't fit.

Simple... Lore.
    Humans can be druids when taught, just like the High Elves learned the humans magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgd View Post
    It's all about lore

At first glance the new races like undead hunter, tauren paladin etc etc look whacked, but when you think about it, the various races of the horde have been together for years now, it only makes sense that certain races learned things from other races, so while it's not an evolution of warcraft3 it's an evolution of world of warcraft.
    For everyone saying because lore doesnt fit, that is the most stupid answer I have ever heard.

no other mmo says "oh the lore doesnt make since to do this therefore its not possible." Yea ok, i got it. the tauren race worship the earthmother, but because the majority of the race follows under the guidance of the earthmother, there can be no possible way that a young tauren would not care about what the rest of his race like and train something else, such as a warlock maybe? thats why we are different from the rest of the animals, we have free will to choose.

its understandable that there would be no sanctioned tauren trainers for such said class in thunderbluff, but its not like the tauren that strayed away cant go somewhere else to learn his training. not every tauren is the same, not every gnome is the same. and we all know, not every human is the same.

the only logical reasoning from replies is that taurens / draenei cant be rogues because they have hooves therefore cannot walk silently. i mean, they can get padding on there feet or something, but not sure if that would help.

There are fairly simple leather shoes for horses that make them walk near inaudible on brick/asfalt roads. They just wear to fast to use often. Tauren and Draenei are a lot lighter then actual horses, so that would not be an issue.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy what you already have.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Even if some Night elf paladin, Tauren mages and so on exist, which they do, to be a playable option it has to be widespread within the race.

men should be able to go to gynecologists, it is WRONG and IMMORAL that a man like myself can not get my vagina checked regularly.

There are race limitations for lore reasons - Blizz knows that the game sells in part because it is, at some level, immersive. Roleplayers just like the game.

In any case, anyone saying some combos cannot be are plain wrong. Every combo can have a lore justification.

Draenei Warlocks may sound paradoxical, but that is basically what an Eredar is. Remember those first quests where you get a note from your class trainer? You would get one saying something to the effect that Draenei Warlocks tread a dangerous path, but only mastering the fel arts we can hope to conquer the Legion etc. etc.
    Hell, Draenei Warlocks make more sense than ORC Warlocks. Thrall strictly forbid that kind of thing, but they found a way.

We have seen Troll/Night Elf/Orc/Undead Paladins in the Argent Dawn. The fact that the Light is supposed to be a gift makes it easier to consider that other races can be taught its ways.

In summary, as odd as a combo sounds, it does not by any means surpass the ability for the lore to adapt to it.

I, for one, consider that if Paladins would have been given to both sides in Classic, we would have seen Undead Pallies from the start. I know they were immune to the disease, but how hard would it be to say "Actually, some strains affected certain Paladins and they came back as Forsaken -- as a matter of fact, they were some of the first liberated Forsaken, because of their strong willpower"?

Though Tauren Rogues, I dont see happening... the idea of a Tauren sneaking up on someone is just preposte

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    just like the High Elves learned the humans magic.
    i hate cliches like this but....../facepalm

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    We have seen Troll/Night Elf/Orc/Undead Paladins in the Argent Dawn. The fact that the Light is supposed to be a gift makes it easier to consider that other races can be taught its ways.
    Just because they are in the Argent Dawn does not mean they are paladins.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

There are quite some Tauren druids in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post

Just because they are in the Argent Dawn does not mean they are paladins.
    Im 78% sure that I've seen plate-armored Trolls with mana-bars in the Argent grounds.

First you go like: I've tried to see if the grass is greener on the other mmos, but WoW is the best
    Then you go like: But i really liked the other mmos, and WoW should do like that.

Never crossed your mind that WoW is the best BECAUSE it doesnt do it like the other do? Class/Race restrictions makes perfect sense.

@ the guy that suggested name changes for Class/Race specific classes, You're an idiot. Every Single MMO that came out with an idea like that, and have like 120 classes, are normally horrible, because they just have 10 classes with different models and call those a different class. It's not better, its actually worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I would have to agree all about the lore, the lore rules everything

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Never crossed your mind that WoW is the best BECAUSE it doesnt do it like the other do? Class/Race restrictions makes perfect sense.
    Yes actualy, what made me think that WoW was the best was: A) i liked the cartoonish graphics that made it look and feel like the old warcraft games, versus mmos trying to look like a real fantasy world, such as Guild Wars and EQ etc. B) Raiding back then was much larger scale and much more epic then the pretty much non existant end game pve that the last 3 mmos that i tried were

however ...

Just because certain features make me play WoW over other games doesnt mean WoW is the best in every catagory. There are many things that WoW can take from other games that will improve its gameplay, such as less restrictions on what we can or cannot do, vanity slots for gear that many other mmos have but WoW for some reason cant seem to implement. Afterall, WoW is a market and should stay competitive with the market. Just to say "we have a big franchise we can do whatever we want we dont need to cater to our customers they will keep buying our shit anyways" is bullshit.

I think that they probably could have opened up quiet a few more race/class combinations in Cat, but some of the ones they have not allowed are based on solid lore. I think that death knights, warriors, hunters, priests and mages should probably be available to all races. I would include rogues in that list except that the thought of a tauren rogue makes my brain hurt. Warlocks, druids, paladins and shaman are restricted to fewer races for very solid lore reasons (Draenei warlock = not a draenei, for example).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    "It's lore" never really agreed with me - especially when you're talking about, for instance, human druids.

I think it comes down to the "D&D" charcater creation aspect, where certain races could only be certain classes: now people feel that's "the right way" to do things.

Personally, I think it's racism...

With the new Cataclysm race/class combos, I think blizzard is pretty well covering everything that makes sense...

Undead Druids are one example I think pretty well sums up why all Race/Class combos wouldn't work...

Lore is very important to this game, and while an Orc MAY be able to choose to become a Paladin of his own individual free will, he's almost certainly going to learn it by becoming a member of the Argent Dawn/Crusade instead of being a member of the Horde. At which point, how do you handle that in game? Technically you'd be a Neutral party, yet still fighting battles for the Horde, and being an enemy of the Alliance? Lore-wise it wouldn't make sense...