Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, Humans of Gilneas turning into worgen is no longer a "curse" but instead them being able to use druidic magic?

What about all the other worgens? Since there aren't any "original" worgen, that means every other worgen should technically be able to shape shift back to their old self, so there's both human and night elf worgens?

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Retcon? There is none here.
    Something about them existing in some other place, and a mage writing a book about their existence and there also being some lore about them fighting an "emerald flame"?
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

10+ Year Old Account
    This LORE is BULLSHIT!!!

I killed Arugal way back in the day.

Lets just say that fuck at the end of RFC tamed ogres and gave them to the horde too while we are at it.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Urm... I dunno about you guys but this sounds to me like a rip-off of the Dragon age quest "The beast within".

But when the fuck did Arugal ever get his hands on the scythe?
    It's implied some cultists had it inn Grizzly hills I think but then how could they manage to get it to Gilneas?

I still think the Goblin story is going to be much better :3
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    hurray for retcons -.-
    i doubt you understand the meaning of "retroactive continuity" right.

I actually thought arugal opened portals without the scythe, and that's what made worgen infectious unlike the kind the scythe summoned

This needs more elaboration
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Dimension, not world.
    Now its Time and not Dimension. I for one like this new twist to the lore of the worgen. Only thing I'm curious how Velinde Starsong the night elf priest who first summoned the worgen in Kalmidor fits into the story now.

Velinde Starsong was the one who found the Scythe of Elune and summoned worgen... Arugal opened a magic portal to have the Worgen help them fight the scourge...

Massive retcon there o.O

wat
    So, the new race is actually a race of shapeshifted old Nelf Worgens, who somehow turned into Humans?
    I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    So, Humans of Gilneas turning into worgen is no longer a "curse" but instead them being able to use druidic magic?

What about all the other worgens? Since there aren't any "original" worgen, that means every other worgen should technically be able to shape shift back to their old self, so there's both human and night elf worgens?
    No, the curse originated with reckless use of druidic magic, then spread to the population of Glineas due to the tampering of Arugal.

And, the druids of the scythe who originally practiced worgen shapeshifting were using "original" worgen as models for their shape change, just like druids shift into already existing animals like bears and cats.

As for what happened to the original druids of the scythe, they might be all dead, or in hiding, or completely worgen and unable to change back. And the human population of Glineas, through alchemy and night elf intervention, are the current state of the playable race in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereba View Post
    wat
    So, the new race is actually a race of shapeshifted old Nelf Worgens, who somehow turned into Humans?
    I'm confused.
    The original worgen were night elven druids who had to be sealed away after they lost their minds, the scythe (or in arugal's case before what seems to be a retcon, portals) brought worgen back from the past

This is where I get confused, worgen became infectious somehow, Arugal's tampering is probably the easiest answer to this, but still, it confuses me
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Retcon? There is none here.
    It's a retcon, but in this case, a good one. The original lore for worgen was very muddled up, with more than one backstory. This is considerably clearer and makes a lot more sense.

wat
    I'm confused.
    Basically instead of the Worgen being from another dimension like we've been told for years, they're actually night elves/humans.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

wat
    I'm confused.
    Geez people, reading comprehension.

The worgen curse originated from a sect of druids who practiced worgen shapeshifting. Arugal tampered with that curse and transferred it to Gilnean humans.

There are:

Natural born Worgen
    Druids who shapeshifted into Worgen and were cursed
    Humans who "caught" the curse to become worgen themselves.

Its not confusing

this is why Druids can't have another form, when they try, they make a new race -.-
    Last edited by willtron; 2010-06-19 at 01:14 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's a retcon, but in this case, a good one. The original lore for worgen was very muddled up, with more than one backstory. This is considerably clearer and makes a lot more sense.
    Only that there isn't an explanation, at this point, as to why the Nelfy Worgen became infectious. Otherwise, there's no reason why you now have Human Worgen. And hell, at that rate, if it's crossing 'species' then you could have a Tauren Worgen, or an Orc Worgen, etc.

It's still a bit muddied.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Harvan View Post
    Basically instead of the Worgen being from another dimension like we've been told for years, they're actually night elves/humans.
    Where does it say that there were no natural worgen? The curse begins with the druids, not the race. Druids shift to forms found in nature, there are no druid forms that are completely original. This is my own interpolation, but likely the druids contracted the curse because the worgen were not of the natural world but from another dimension, fitting in with preexisting lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the worgens battling the lords of the emerald flame? Could that be a hint of the battle inside the emerald dream? could those druids become worgens because of their time spent in the emerald dream?
    Could the scythe keep them inside the emerald dream transforming them into the ravenous fiends they present themselves in duskwood? And when arugal used the scythe it created a breach in that lock that kept them sealed? It makes sense to me

P.S.
    And hell, at that rate, if it's crossing 'species' then you could have a Tauren Worgen, or an Orc Worgen, etc.
    maybe that`s why the nelf druids intervened - trying to contain the spread of the curse. And there might be a kind of infection resembling the vampire curse -> only the pure vampires can create other vampires, while the "hybrids" will kill anyone they bite.
    Last edited by Octan; 2010-06-19 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finglafin View Post
    Geez people, reading comprehension.

The worgen curse originated from a sect of druids who practiced worgen shapeshifting. Arugal tampered with that curse and transferred it to Gilnean humans.

There are:

Natural born Worgen
    Druids who shapeshifted into Worgen and were cursed
    Humans who "caught" the curse to become worgen themselves.

Its not confusing
    That's explained a lot, but I don't know how someone could be "diseased" and turned into a Druid Shapeshifting form, but oh well!
    Thanks a lot, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

That's explained a lot, but I don't know how someone could be "diseased" and turned into a Druid Shapeshifting form, but oh well!
    Thanks a lot, mate.
    During the third war, the druids of the claw (bears) lost their minds and went feral, much like the worgen that are summoned

Since my theory of Arugal accidentally making them infectious by using a roundabout method of summoning them has been retconned, I can only assume he did something on purpose to make the worgen curse spread through a bite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    Something about them existing in some other place, and a mage writing a book about their existence and there also being some lore about them fighting an "emerald flame"?
    Yes, the Emerald Dream and the Burning Legion.