Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mining to expensive?

I just spended 600 gold for my mithril ores, 100gold a stack and it only gave me 30 levels, I was farming in Tanaris but I couldn't find a single mithril, justn othing.. Should they make mining easier and less expensive to level?

in a word no.

Mining is very easy to level, you just need to do some research, just google WOW mining levelling guide, there are some pretty good ones out there, they do require a little patience but I levelled 1-450 in about 3-4 hours playtime and made a shed load of gold selling my cast off's to people that were too lazy to level it traditionally... ahem.

I tend to agree with conno. though 600 gold really is too much for a few stacks of mithril.
    I think they never should've made the change where you can level mining from smelting stuff

Mining... Easier...?? trollolololol
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

your spending gold on mining :O?
    my lvl 45 alt made 2.6k gold so far just mining nods and selling them....i think you should have a different view on lvling gathering professions m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not, first of all, many other proffesions cost at least the same and in those proffesions you're not even given the option to farm the materials yourself. Besides, making proffesions easier to level would only make the game more boring to play.

Deleted
    Mine yourself, costs you nothing but a mining pick and skill training. Cheap - as - hell.

Mining isn't expensive at all. Sure, if you want to speed it up and buy ore then it'll cost you but if you're leveling at the same time I haven't found the need to buy anything off AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends what server... moving on...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I really spent any gold on the AH to acquire ore when leveling mining up. You can get all the ore you need from farming, which also gives you a skill-up point per vein hit.

Does it really hurt to actually farm the mats instead of buying your way through it? Hell, some of the older ore like mithril makes more money then most of the lv. 80 gold farming tactics. XD

Profs that use materials are a real pain in the ass without gathering profs/alts

Roll a DK and get him 2 gathering profs and you should be fine

Not to be a dick. But you're terrible if you are complaining about how hard mining is. Find a path and follow it. If you are bitching about spending money on mining, then go level it, its not hard to find nodes. Its also easier to use Hinterlands then Taneris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

Mining is not expensive. I did level mining on my DK by smelting a good amount of ore. Yes it did cost me gold but that was my decision to go that path. My other two miners leveled as they were leveling. It has reap great profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    mining is way easy to level, you just need to know where to do it. IE, l2google.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Mining is not expensive, if you are not too lazy. But maybe a high populated server could be a problem.

No, its not hard to level at all, if you're having problems you should be playing neopets imo

Deleted
    If you spent your time out in the field mining nodes and then selling the bars/ore while skilling up you will make alot of gold rather than moaning at how much your laziness is costing you

Stop trying to power level in one day, spend a small amount of time for like a week leveling your profession.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

lol someone was farming the mitril so you just got unlucky. same thing is happening to me but with cobalt instead
    Last edited by Andlát; 2010-06-22 at 09:51 PM. Reason: grammer
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.