Front page recent posts missing

I know someone made a topic yesterday trying to blame mmo-champ for this problem.

I realise it's supposed to be an adblock plus problem but i have always had mmo-champ whitelisted on ABP and i'm still getting this problem.

I believe i have properly emptied my firefox cache via Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Clear Now button.

Is there maybe something else i'm missing here or is it still ABP not allowing the new mmo-champ properly ?

There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having this same issue also, when I opened the page this morning I saw it for a few seconds then it disappeared.

So a thought occured to me to check this on my I.E. that i have installed (which i dont use) and it to is not showing the recent posts box.

This is basically a fresh install of IE that i have never used and shouldnt be blocking anything at all.

There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Get NoScript and block doubleclick.net

Really strange bug, if you allow doubleclick.net the "recent posts" and the ads at the frontpage disappear. If you block it you can see the recent posts and the ads. Opposite day?
    Last edited by Doylez; 2010-06-19 at 03:01 PM.

Either it disappeared behind the News posts, or it shows up overlapping the posts. Either way, for some (might I add mean) reason the only thing that keeps the spacing of Recent Posts intact are the advertisements, so if you have some ad-block plug-in for your browser it will be messed up.

Im not sure if i can post the screenshot from opera mini from my iphone but il post it when i get in from work

Basically the recent posts have now gone on my phone too now lol :s

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having this issue as well, Doubleclick is also blocked so I don't know what's going on.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 05:42 PM ----------

Actually I think I figured it out. It's that ad on the right side next to the Recent posts thing, I think it's being used as a way to push down the current news posts so that you can see the Recent Posts. I'm not really a web design expert by any means but it seems like that's what the issue is at the moment. When I enable adBlock Recent posts go away, when I disable, they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgitschris View Post
    Having this issue as well, Doubleclick is also blocked so I don't know what's going on.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 05:42 PM ----------

Actually I think I figured it out. It's that ad on the right side next to the Recent posts thing, I think it's being used as a way to push down the current news posts so that you can see the Recent Posts. I'm not really a web design expert by any means but it seems like that's what the issue is at the moment. When I enable adBlock Recent posts go away, when I disable, they come back.
    Aye if its intentional its a really odd way to show the recent posts :s

edit

here are the pics from my phone

note no recent posts either :S

bloody odd

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 09:38 PM ----------

update on this the recent posts have come back on my phoe but only 2 lol not the usual 5 :S

would an admin want a pic of this new problem ?
    Last edited by fellgon; 2010-06-20 at 12:32 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    They work now and they're perfectly aligned. I don't know what changed but whatever did, thank you webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgitschris View Post
    They work now and they're perfectly aligned. I don't know what changed but whatever did, thank you webmaster.
    il second that

well chuffed havent checked on my phone yet but it was fine before someone made that change

Deleted
    Working in FireFox now, but in IE it's still gone.