Help me with High-end Mage Dps advice.

Hey mmo.

Lately I've been focusing on improving my mage's dps in any way possible and i've come to conclusion that coming here would be a good choice.

I recently respecced fire so my gear is a bit more towards the arcane side of things, I have Maghari Chieftains Staff which would provide more haste and spirit Instead of mine which provides Hit and Crit. The only problem is that if I use the Chieftan staff i'm at around 8% hit or something crazy like that.

My guild has been progressing through ICC and I would like to increase my dps along the way.

I'm open to any suggestions from gemming to speccing, etc.

I'm working on picking up my last token and finding a replacement for my staff.
    Here is my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Leth%C3%A5l

Any help will do =)
    Thank so much

I'm on a mac so I can't run Rawr =(
    Lethal
    Last edited by mattyc33; 2010-06-20 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Armory link not working

Working link:

Anyway, if you want an in-depth high-end analysis, post logs. As for my "at a glance" comments, fix some gems.

Red = Runed
    Yellow = Potent
    Blue = Purified

There is a point where potent gems should be used in red, yellow, and unmatched sockets. At that point you should be matching all of your sockets anyway, so basically just the belt buckle falls under that catagory. I doubt you are at that threshhold, but perhaps you are. Put yourself into Rawr to be sure.

overall your gear is decent, as Skarrd said, start matching your sockets, especially when they are +7sp or more.

also I recommend tuskarr's vitality on your boots for faster movement.

Step 1: Go arcane
    Step 2: Faceroll

Alright, next thread.

/superman fly on

Also, stop using mac...

You're not doing graphic design, nor are you making movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

If i was you i would continue to go as arcane until i had more crit tbh, you are realy low on crit to be fire,as a fire mage sp>crit>haste comes first.
    remove the 12 sp 10 hate and go for 12 sp 10 crit in each yellow socket.

maybe hes a graphic designer, how do you know?
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Ew really, right now I honestly prefer fire =P. I do less dps but overall more damage.
    I used to be under the hit cap so I'll switch my boots.
    Yeah I'll take a look at my gemming =)

Thanks guys keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyc33 View Post
    Help me with High-end Mage Dps
    lol.

"I'm on a mac so I can't run Rawr =(
    Lethal "

http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View...hreadId=206844

You can run Rawr3 in your web browser.
    No need to download or install anything.
    It runs on Mac OS X (Intel). Welcome to Rawr, Mac users!
    You can optionally install it locally with 2 clicks from the web version, if you want to have it locally for offline use.
    Lots more.

If you're on a G4 or something, then gear will not be your dps issue.

get hit, lots more of it. you're completely setup for arcane right now. either get the hit/haste neck, crit/hit bracers, hit/crit weapon. you can afford to lose the haste. hit is worth more than double any other stat to cap. straight gem it if necessary. match the blue gemming with purifieds in things like your chest.

Awesome thanks for the rawr link, I never knew about that =D.

I just got a staff that put me over the hit cap, although I still am a bit low on crit I think.

I also run on a mac. Hand-me-down computer, I am not a graphic designer etc. Rawr gets a little wokny, when i search for gear the window closes after every letter I type forcing me to do it one letter at a time. It's been so nice being able to use it. I had dread trying to get help from the forums since I couldn't run rawr.

I caught you logged in your pvp gear.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have your pvp gear equiped atm, so cant really give you any advice ^^

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Haha ah man, played some 2's last night, ugh I'll switch it sorry about that =P

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 09:59 PM ----------

Wow, so I've just got Rawr to work and I've optimized my gear. It's saying my current dps is 8852 and optimized it can be 11706. This sounds quite ridiculous so I'm not sure if I should waste my honour/badges on wasted gems.

Can anyone verify that the optimizer is accurate and stuff =P

Edit: Wow nevermind, I must have done something wrong, continue on disregarding this post haha. ^^
    Last edited by mattyc33; 2010-06-20 at 11:29 PM.
    Spirestone - US

80 Mage - Lethål
    80 Rogue - Lethalstelth

Quote Originally Posted by mattyc33 View Post
    Haha ah man, played some 2's last night, ugh I'll switch it sorry about that =P

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 09:59 PM ----------

Wow, so I've just got Rawr to work and I've optimized my gear. It's saying my current dps is 8852 and optimized it can be 11706. This sounds quite ridiculous so I'm not sure if I should waste my honour/badges on wasted gems.

Can anyone verify that the optimizer is accurate and stuff =P

Edit: Wow nevermind, I must have done something wrong, continue on disregarding this post haha. ^^
    I'd read/watch some rawr guides before you use the optimizer right out of the box. The optimizer essentially lets you select a group of gear to then create the best possible combination from that group. You can/have to pick them individually, but the idea is you basically exclude items that are not available to you and it creates a "best in slot" setup from this list.
    Last edited by Skarrd; 2010-06-21 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Hi

Ah alright, awesome =) I think I got it now.

Edit: Here is my new armory, is this looking any better?

(everything except for my one ring because noone was on last night who had the cut =P
    Last edited by mattyc33; 2010-06-21 at 05:48 PM.
    Spirestone - US

80 Mage - Lethål
    80 Rogue - Lethalstelth