Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Ewww. I have messed with Rawr 3 a few times and I really don't like it. For items that have been constantly changing models, like TAiaJ and SM, Rawr 3 is terrible because of the updating.
    Yeah, I've edited the items database a couple times to deal with that, but overall it hasn't bothered me much (had to just overwrite an item this morning so I could see where the new Fire Festival cloaks clocked in).

Maybe I'll join the dev team and see about a sim output option... open source is usually pretty good for resumes at least.

Deleted
    the new modelling is pretty accurate. it assumes a 50% proc chance from each of the attacks that were simmed to proc a mote. i think it is the most accurate measurement we can get apart from simming an entire fight and rolling 1d100 for every attack.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavelos View Post
    Yeah, I've edited the items database a couple times to deal with that, but overall it hasn't bothered me much (had to just overwrite an item this morning so I could see where the new Fire Festival cloaks clocked in).

Maybe I'll join the dev team and see about a sim output option... open source is usually pretty good for resumes at least.
    you can also load it from wowhead. just go to tools - edit items - bottom of the window: add item, then copy/paste the itemID (found in the wowhead link) into the field, then press enter.

i dont like rawr because it's to a elitest even for my tastes. It just removes human error something all games like this should have. To me it's just another aspect sucking fun outta the game, And yes i pull more than rawr says i should.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Ok have just used it in my first raid and my dps was up around 10%. I doubt the trinket alone can account for this but even with slightly different buffs this time, its went up massively. Is everyone else reporting a leap in dps with TAIAJ , or has anyone found that it actually lowers dps in real world situations ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by cpia2002 View Post
    Ok have just used it in my first raid and my dps was up around 10%. I doubt the trinket alone can account for this but even with slightly different buffs this time, its went up massively. Is everyone else reporting a leap in dps with TAIAJ , or has anyone found that it actually lowers dps in real world situations ? :O
    TaJ is a raid trinket, in solo play it's garbage because it doesnt give any actual buffs that matter. By the time you get to 8(7) stack your target is dead.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    TaJ is a raid trinket, in solo play it's garbage because it doesnt give any actual buffs that matter. By the time you get to 8(7) stack your target is dead.
    Stacks don't have a timer. Plus, it gives +Hit, and depending on your gear you could be under hit cap without it equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Stacks don't have a timer. Plus, it gives +Hit, and depending on your gear you could be under hit cap without it equipped.
    in solo play, most mobs are dead by 3 or 4 hits, especially if you have that trinket means your in 264 gear. And the hit doesn't really matter because 400 weapon skill is enough against level 80 mobs.

in solo play, most mobs are dead by 3 or 4 hits, especially if you have that trinket means your in 264 gear. And the hit doesn't really matter because 400 weapon skill is enough against level 80 mobs.
    You have offered many opinions on these forums. Most of them have been head-scratchers. I am honestly wondering if you are grossly mistaken or just a troll. You refuse to post your armory because you need to drop hit rating, but I think there are other issues at play here.

You do understand that 400 weapon skill has nothing to do with your chance to hit, right?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    +Hit still determines average downtime :P

Against L80 mobs, you still have a base 5% chance to miss.

Guys just to get back on topic, what kinda dps increase are you seeing in ICC25 with this trinket?

Depending on the size of your raid and the buffs/debuffs provided, this trinket can easily yield DPS increases of 500-1000 DPS.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by cpia2002 View Post
    Guys just to get back on topic, what kinda dps increase are you seeing in ICC25 with this trinket?
    on average 1000 dps, depends on the fight and your gear. Some stand still fights like saurfang and festergut can easily be 1500 dps.

Edit: 1500 is having it procc like mad and being in top notch gear... which i ain't so i can't be 100% sure.

That's not even possible. By saying a 1500 DPS increase is possible, that would make this trinket worth ~2000 DPS. Its not. While it may be worth 1200-1500 DPS more than an empty trinket slot, it is not worth 1500 DPS increase from a previous trinket.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a new recruit ret pally (finally!), she's a bit undergeared but we took her to our GDKP run last night and she made away with a conq token, heroic Polar Bear Claw bracers and a TaJ to replace her old greatness card.

Cool story I know
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2010-06-21 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    That's not even possible. By saying a 1500 DPS increase is possible, that would make this trinket worth ~2000 DPS. Its not. While it may be worth 1200-1500 DPS more than an empty trinket slot, it is not worth 1500 DPS increase from a previous trinket.
    meh 1000 on average like i said thats my average.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...un&cn=Borigrad just for you

and having maxed weapon skill does effect your hit and miss rating. You miss a lot more at 0 rating than you do at 400 and 400 is all your really need against world mobs. At least it is when i am in holy with no hit rating.

Yes my gems are all strength, but, i can replace those if needed but i was sure it was +6 str not 4.

400 weapon skill reduces the mobs chance to dodge/parry. With a weapon skill of 0 and attacking a level 80 mob, you will be getting dodged/parried by almost every attack until you get to ~300 weapon skill. Dodge/Parry =/= Miss.

With 0 Hit Rating and no hit talents, you have a 5% chance to Miss mobs of an equal level.

Weapon skill doesn't simply reduce dodge/parry chance. For every point of weapon skill you gain .04% crit as well. This yields a total of 16% crit with max weapon skill.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-06-21 at 05:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy has +6% Hit rating.

meh, 5% miss chance isn't really a breaker in the world pve. Besides does it really matter? the point was most mobs die before TaJ has a chance to be effective. That's considering the fact your gear is mostly 264 when you have that trinket.

Edit: i am man enough to admit i was wrong. But i still stand by my point miss chance in World pve isn't a breaker just means you gotta heal more.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not if you go into combat with it already stacked. It isn't like the buff has a timer, it only goes away when you remove and re-equip the trinket, remove the buff manually or log off.

the average mob in icecrown has 12600 life, i can do that in 2 attacks 1 of those being auto attack.

maybe against elites it hits twice. the fact is things just die so fast if your in 264 gear it doesn't procc much because they mob dies. The stack may build but how often does it have a chance to procc if your just killing 1 random mob for a daily.