Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    As for hardware upgrade - you rather invest into a better cpu, a good LAN card then a new GPU.
    I agree, I also run 4GB RAM and a similar video card, 9800GTX. However, I have a six-core 3.2 CPU. I run WoW with full graphical settings at 60 FPS, around drops to a low of 30 in 25 man raids. If you're going to upgrade, that would seem to be the fastest piece.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't see your actual PvE gear as you are in PvP gear, but I noticed some of your "PvE" pieces are bad. Like Wodin's Lucky Necklace. And I seriously hope you only use Linked Scourge Vertebrae for PvP...Spell Pen in PvE is complete FAIL. There is no usage for Spell Pen in PvE. At least you have WFS; Personally, I'm still using Greatness and a Scorpion because WFS will not drop and DBW goes for more DKP than I currently have, though I may be able to get it next week (Or this week if it goes for ~70).

Your PvE spec looks good. I would say it's not a "l2p" problem, just everyone else is better geared or they are rogues/mages/warriors. Those 3 classes should beat Hunters in equal gear. Hell, our top Mage pulls about 13-15k on NON-BQL fights. He gets up to about 22-23k on BQL. Mages are just insane DPS, and Hunters aren't scaling as well at the end. We still do respectable DPS, but you shouldn't beat those listed 3. I find Warlocks aren't as much trouble as I routinely compare to or even beat our Warlock.

Go to www.femaledwarf.com and plug in your name/realm/pet name after you log in your PvE gear. You can check what your approximate DPS is with and without full raid buffs. It fluctuates of course, but that is based on a strict burn-fight such as Patchwerk, so you get a decent baseline.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree, I also run 4GB RAM and a similar video card, 9800GTX. However, I have a six-core 3.2 CPU. I run WoW with full graphical settings at 60 FPS, around drops to a low of 30 in 25 man raids. If you're going to upgrade, that would seem to be the fastest piece.

Jesus. I thought I was doing well with 3G ram and a 9800GTX..of course I have 7, so that's basically only 2.5G ram (I think 7 only uses a half like XP..might be a full gig as Vista did. I also only have a dual-core 2.2 so you have a lot more processing power than me. It's doable at least; I run ~20-40 FPS in 25s and ~15 FPS in Dal with everything on high but Shadows (off).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

I've actually thought warriors being the best DPS class right now is kind of funny. So much for the "hybrid tax." If you go to 25 man WoL reports, warriors are all over every single fight in the top 10, and if it isn't a warrior, it's a mage. Rogues actually don't have very many records.

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post

Your PvE spec looks good. I would say it's not a "l2p" problem, just everyone else is better geared or they are rogues/mages/warriors. Those 3 classes should beat Hunters in equal gear. Hell, our top Mage pulls about 13-15k on NON-BQL fights. He gets up to about 22-23k on BQL. Mages are just insane DPS, and Hunters aren't scaling as well at the end. We still do respectable DPS, but you shouldn't beat those listed 3. I find Warlocks aren't as much trouble as I routinely compare to or even beat our Warlock.
    Says who ? If anything its a very close race...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Says who ? If anything its a very close race...
    Pretty much anyone that actually raids continuously such as myself, and not someone who bases their "information" on one simple raid where they are outgeared by, or they outgear, other classes?

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...n_Citadel/dps/

Look at the heroic-25 rankings: It is DOMINATED by Warriors/Mages. Look at BQL, which is pretty much the only strict-burn fight in ICC (Festergut is close, but you can really get FUBAR'd by pukes/spores/goos). There are only TWO Hunters in the top 40. I know that's a relatively small sample-size, but you see similar patterns across other fights. Warriors and Mages are consistently on top with Rogues and Hunters falling behind.
    Last edited by Thundercougr; 2010-06-22 at 09:28 PM.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

Pretty much anyone that actually raids continuously such as myself, and not someone who bases their "information" on one simple raid where they are outgeared by, or they outgear, other classes?
    Lol in more ways than one.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol in more ways than one.
    How so? Seems to me you're just posting for the sake of posting/arguing. At least I provided documentation that supports my claims. Would you prefer I simply say "no you're wrong" as you're seemingly doing without any kind of support for my argument?

edit: I see you posted that while I was editing my post to include the WoL rankings. My argument still stands however.

I am saying that on any non-cleave fight, hunters give anyone a good race. And there isnt any "SHOULD outdps" factor there. Also the argument of 13-15k dps mages was valid like 4 months ago...

I will say, while hunters don't perform as well on the DPS records, it isn't because we don't scale well. Our DPS sims as one of the highest, we just run into problems with needing not only EVERY buff and debuff, but ideal conditions which almost never exist.

Some advice for op.

Arpen Marksmanship is fairly average imho.

If you can't seem to get the correct itemization for arp MM, you should stack bulk agi and go surv.

17k explosive shots > 20k chimaera shots =p

It's also a lot more fun to manage if you know trap placement on single target.

Just a suggestion, you'll sitll pull massive numbers if your gear is based around arp gemmed agility, seeing as our shot priority as survival is Explosive>Black>Serpent>Steady

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've actually thought warriors being the best DPS class right now is kind of funny. So much for the "hybrid tax." If you go to 25 man WoL reports, warriors are all over every single fight in the top 10, and if it isn't a warrior, it's a mage. Rogues actually don't have very many records.
    So I heard about this legendary shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoob View Post
    Some advice for op.

If you can't seem to get the correct itemization for arp MM, you should stack bulk agi and go surv.

Just a suggestion, you'll sitll pull massive numbers if your gear is based around arp gemmed agility, seeing as our shot priority as survival is Explosive>Black>Serpent>Steady
    If you have trouble spamming your steady shot button very hard, survival is indeed a good alternative. Yet at high gear levels it's value diminishes a lot since it will surprass the crit cap by far. Nonetheless survival won't ever beat a MM spec, in any fight, if the MM hunter is playing it's spec accordingly. (perhaps maybe in ruby sanctum with all the movement, but even then..).

Also, kibu is right when he says MM hunter is a pretty solid single target dps spec. Nearly every week I won dps races on festergut/rotface against our top fury warrior (even though it was close!). When he got his shadowmourne last week, however, he managed 19K on rotface, which is about 3K dps above my max theoretical dps. This however doesnt mean hunters are weak single target, it means that the shadowmourne is OP.
    Last edited by Maljce; 2010-06-22 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljce View Post
    Warglaives didn't save them in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoob View Post
    Some advice for op.

3k per second piercing shots > 17k every 6 seconds, just a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    Believe it or not, sadly I'm the one with the best computer among my friends. Lol most of them don't play wow and like me use it most as a work machine.

I think my video card is fine (GeForce 9800GT) and so is my ram (4 gigs) but I think WoW is CPU bound so maybe my processor is killing me (Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3 GHZ)

I didn't think WoW would need a "high end" PC or my CPU is just really shitty
    that video card is good for 60+ fps in 25m, easily. the ram isn't the problem either, either you have shit running in the background that's helping to bottleneck your system or it could be just the processor.

i'd bet that you have a lot of little things that are hurting you.

and for the record, you have shadows all the way down, right? they kill a system because they're VERY poorly optimized. supposedly that is also being addressed in cataclysm, but it's really not worth the trouble to deal with and pointless to buy a system that kills wow with shadows up

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljce View Post
    So I heard that Warriors are still top even without Shadowmourne.

So you should open your ears more...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you should open your ears more...
    And you should read posts and logs more.

So I heard that Warriors are still top even without Shadowmourne.
    Haha, ok thats just ridiculous. I know you're not talking single target dps. I challenge you to link me one warrior who did more dps than a hunter on festergut without a shadowmourne. Marksman hunters are just better in pure single target dps fights, without any question.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Disillusions.
    Ignoration of facts on your end does equate to disillusions on my end.