WoW using a 360 controller

Back in the day i used to use Switchblade but like most good things its not a monthly fee, i was wondering if there is another method to be able to run wow from a xbox360 controller wirelessly.
    Im currently making a ui that will sort of give off the console feel so i can lay in bed and play from my tv without all the wires and such, nothing major like raiding/pvp just leveling alts and such

thanks in advance

Try useing this program called Xpader. Allows you to play PC games with a ps3 or Xbox 360 controller. Im noot sure if it will work tho. Thats all i can think of

What confuses me always is peoples in ability to type what they don't know or need into say? Mmm Google?

Why go looking for an answer when someone can bring it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfarm View Post
    Try useing this program called Xpader. Allows you to play PC games with a ps3 or Xbox 360 controller. Im noot sure if it will work tho. Thats all i can think of
    It costs money.
    And you can use a controller for playing wow and it's quite fun as long your just doing pve. in PVP your ass will be raped!

Deleted
    How would you target anything using a joystick.

you set the left and right buttons to L cycle thru mobs and right cycle thru party memebers
    and to the guy that said use google, go ahead and try xbox 360 for wow, all it brings up is switchblade and like i said in OP, i dont want to pay for a stupid program to do that... thank you to others for your help i foundn pinnicle profilers

Oh sorry memoriessuntold where did anyone in your thread post anything that didn't require a payment, also there is ways to generally get around payment things like this. But hey thats naughty.
    Just typed it into google and look whats i found. http://games.softpedia.com/get/Tools/Switchblade.shtml and also several guides on different ways of doing it. Just configure your search a little...

the program wont run if its not up to date, didnt think there would be a way to cheat the system but thank you all the same spongy, next time ill try to be more clear

So your looking for a way to play wow in a way which makes doing anything other than afking in Dalaran extremely inefficient and reduces your performance in game significantly. Cool, good luck with that. I heard you can also set up wow to be played on an iphone, anything to be different i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    What confuses me always is peoples in ability to type what they don't know or need into say? Mmm Google?
    Because having a search engine doesn´t make it obvious what to search for to get the exact result. So asking others who are kind enough to give a proper answer will be better and in alot of cases faster than getting alot of spam. Asking others will also result in experienced answers (in most cases at least) and as such means you can learn from said experience.

I tried it, and it's really difficult. This was like two months ago though... turning was hard camera-wise and it was hard to click things. Try it if you want but it's quite pointless.

its not very hard and like i said im not doing anything sure crazy with it, im just goin to be questing. and i have it set up so flappers are alt and ctrl, meaning i can have 12 buttons just using my abxy, no need to move my curser since i have the ability to tab thru things.
    the only real issue is looting, there needs to be a macro for that one lol

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow..

You need ALOOOOOT of keybinds to make this work.

Imagine how many buttons you actually press while gaming.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I'll just point out to everyone that this is indeed possible! And it is not that hard to set up to be a viable leveling/question/herbing playstyle.
    And since there is a vibrator in the xbox you can also make it vibrate when you crit or get critted. It's simple a matter of having fun I leveled my warrior with it for a couple of levels - felt like playing god of war in a way.