Thread: Soloing

Soloing

Hi,

recently I have finished on my alt DK her off spec tank gear so now Im looking for some old content to solo. Do you have any suggestions? Yes, I know I go one after another and see, but Im also interested in loot that can be sold for golds.

So with what do you have the best experience so far. Thank you.

aq20 is good money, 10g per class book, and most bosses drop 2, some 3-4. and if you're lucky enough to have a realm where there is interest in scarabs/idols on ah you'll make a ton.

Deleted
    Full clear MC gives about 200g, full clear Kara gives about 300 if you're lucky (lots of weapons drop, their vendor value is higher).

Also go to ZG kill the "fish him out" boss. I you're lucky, he drops the turtle-tome for mages. Sells for about 500g on my server.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=22739/to...lymorph-turtle
    Last edited by Deathmotron; 2010-06-21 at 07:27 AM.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

ZG is a joke to solo as a dk. Make sure you kill the panther boss though or Hakkar gouges you and resest. And make sure you don't use pets or guardians (ghoul, bloodworms,..) or he'll MC you and it'll reset after you killed the pets.

MC is fairly easy except for Gehenass as you need enough dps to burn him down before his 75% MS curse kills you.

AQ20 can be done as well, though it's advised to skip one of the optional bosses as it apparently takes ages to down.

You can do a few AQ40 bosses, but you'll need to get nature resistance gear.

ZA can be solo'ed but I myself haven't done it.

In Kara I've onle done: attumen, moroes, curator and the satyr. The rest should be solo'able as well. Note that the curator is immune to diseases, but the sparks aren't so you'll need to heal of them.

Solo'ing old content is fun, but it's not the fastest way to make gold.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Magtheridon can provide a good challenge. Lots of damage but if you can manage to solo it he drops about 450-500g and some epics/gems which are worth about 50g. So 500g in 30 minutes, it's really not that bad.

Also, Doomwalker drops 500g and 2 BoE 70 epics which I sold for 400g each last time I killed him. Good luck finding him though, he's killed within hours of spawning on almost every server, and he has a respawn time of 2 days+.

i saw some mentioning MC and said 200g.
    you can earn alot more there just from bosses. You will gain close to 300 + drops 400g.
    and if you are lucky then Golemagg drops Sulfuron Ingot, which can be sold for 1k gold on my server.
    also you can try to sell some of the other stuff, which drops there sometimes it sells for alot.

if you get 2 friends then you can go BWL.
    you can 2man first boss, but for the next you will need 3 (best if druid shaman or lock for a combat ress when you get instant killed) its a DPS race. so it depends on your gear (did it 3man in ulduar gear so not really that hard anymore). after that some easy bosses, you can make it easier when you come to drakes with an onyxias hide back or what its called.

each boss in BWL drops close to 200g and thers goblin trash which drops elementium ores which can be sold for more or less 400g on my server, (you get 3-4 each run)

in the end that will be ca. 3300 tho you cant solo because of boss mechanics. but you did ask for gold ^^

also ZG fishing boss turtle gives cash

hope you can use this, and sorry for bad spelling ^^

Actually i get almost 1k gold from a full Kara run (except Netherspite) killing all trashes up to Maiden, since they're easly pulled/killed and give decent gold, then only those pull i cannot skip.

MC can be fun but half the bosses and trashes don't drop gold at all

ZG is far easier than MC (which is easy already) and gives more or less the same amount of gold (Aq20 is more or less the same)

Last time i tried AQ40 i was able to kill first 2 bosses, but was a real pain... not really worth it (and yes, you will probably need nature res gear).

Maghteridon is a LOT of fun and Gold, but you either need very good gear (to be able to use an unholy hybrid spec to have a perma-ghoul) or you're either gonna hit the enrage or (without a permanent pet) get mad at the boss despawning during the earthquake.

Doomwalker too is ~500 gold, but you have to find him alive...

I've never be able to get 4 person to help me open ZA, so i can't say anything about that... and i'm working on Morogrim Tidewalker in SSC atm (but i need help on the murloc trashes before him... the pulls with 2 healers result in an endless fight -.- i cannot win... or loose...)

EDIT: for Jerigothiel Is BWL really that easy now? I didn't even try cause i though 2nd boss would need to many people to still be interesting to go on with (as usually people don't come for one boss and then go away)... maybe i shopuld have tried :P
    Last edited by Eärwendeil; 2010-06-21 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmotron View Post
    Also go to ZG kill the "fish him out" boss. I you're lucky, he drops the turtle-tome for mages. Sells for about 500g on my server.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=22739/to...lymorph-turtle
    That's not obtainable anymore.

its not very easy and not very hard, its a matter of classes with 2nd boss. but mostely luck
    went there with a DK (SP me) and a druid. we got him down after a few tries. (a priest is not the best option for 2nd boss, because the ability we use to gain max dps when we get the instant powerfull attacks is smite) but for 1st 2man can be done with DK, Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post
    Source? It sure was a few weeks ago.

I have 2 right now, dropped 3-4 weeks ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Full clear MC gives about 200g, full clear Kara gives about 300 if you're lucky (lots of weapons drop, their vendor value is higher).
    Full clear MC 200 ? wow do you even loot the bosses then, cause Raggie already drops 150 g, so MC is more like 1-2k Depending on drops ( Healing power enchant is good money )

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to solo MC a few months ago, but on some bosses, you still need the DPS otherwise it's just an eternal staring-contest between you and the boss. Kara can be done solo like 70% of the bosses. I've only done a few ZG-bosses, but I recon all of them can be done.

Dunno about AQ, but as Maklor pointed out, if you're an enchanter, go do some TBC-dungeons or heroics

kriS411
    how do you handle the channelers on mag. when soloing?

I always two man him because I didn't find a way to kill the channelers solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eärwendeil View Post
    Actually i get almost 1k gold from a full Kara run (except Netherspite) killing all trashes up to Maiden, since they're easly pulled/killed and give decent gold, then only those pull i cannot skip.

MC can be fun but half the bosses and trashes don't drop gold at all

ZG is far easier than MC (which is easy already) and gives more or less the same amount of gold (Aq20 is more or less the same)

Last time i tried AQ40 i was able to kill first 2 bosses, but was a real pain... not really worth it (and yes, you will probably need nature res gear).

Maghteridon is a LOT of fun and Gold, but you either need very good gear (to be able to use an unholy hybrid spec to have a perma-ghoul) or you're either gonna hit the enrage or (without a permanent pet) get mad at the boss despawning during the earthquake.

Doomwalker too is ~500 gold, but you have to find him alive...

I've never be able to get 4 person to help me open ZA, so i can't say anything about that... and i'm working on Morogrim Tidewalker in SSC atm (but i need help on the murloc trashes before him... the pulls with 2 healers result in an endless fight -.- i cannot win... or loose...)

EDIT: for Jerigothiel Is BWL really that easy now? I didn't even try cause i though 2nd boss would need to many people to still be interesting to go on with (as usually people don't come for one boss and then go away)... maybe i shopuld have tried :P
    You can pull Netherspite out of his room so the beams become a non issue. Just drop a DnD while you stand outside near his pathing area and he'll come through the doors.

You don't need 4 people for ZA. You can gong alone afaik (well I could with 2 people, but it should be doable alone).
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

It sure is

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411 View Post
    how do you handle the channelers on mag. when soloing?

I always two man him because I didn't find a way to kill the channelers solo.
    You can't kill them, you just eat the damage.

And Mag won't despawn if you back yourself into a corner. Theres no need for a perma ghoul.

AQ20, full clear around 300g(besides the 2optional bosses because they are a pain)
    ZG, full clear 200ish(depends on wep drops) also chance when you kill the raptor for the pet that sells for 600g+turtle
    (you can do these 2 in dps gear btw)