Thread: Wands!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wands!

I am a new mage. I was wondering about wands.

Now, I have auto shoot on, but I have noticed I still have to click the button shoot for him to even pull out his wand and start throwing mini bolts of arcane at the mobs. So I was wondering, do you always have to press shoot for you to physically use your wand, or did I somehow mess up and not seeing something?

Help would be appreciated!
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

You're a horrible troll.

On the offchance that you're not a troll: Yes, you do always have to press shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    You're a horrible troll.

On the offchance that you're not a troll: Yes, you do always have to press shoot.
    Only once thoe...
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Ah, well damn. And no, I am not a troll. I just have never played a class that used a ranged weapon, or even had a ranged weapon slot. Only relics hah.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

You don't use your wand past level 20.

Never wand again once you hit 80. It's just there for stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to press it to start shooting. If you move or jump, the wanding is aborted and u have to click it again, once you stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    Never wand again once you hit 80. It's just there for stats.
    Sindragosa 25 HC anyonez?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9 View Post
    Sindragosa 25 HC anyonez?
    wands add the melee debuff to you, so no, not sindragosa 25 heroic.
    BfA Beta Time

In PvP you might need to use your wand to break totems (among other things). Another example of how PvE players are “scripted” vs Scripts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurus View Post
    In PvP you might need to use your wand to break totems (among other things). Another example of how PvE players are “scripted” vs Scripts.
    or you could ice lance the totem without having to stop moving, another example of how good PvE players min/max all situations.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    or you could ice lance the totem without having to stop moving, another example of how good PvE players min/max all situations.
    Not all wand players are mages. Mana is an important issue in an arena. PvP players do use wand when situation arises, so saying “you won’t use your wand when you hit 80” is a very bad advice. I don’t know who said it, but if you have no mana, I’m sure the Ice Lance is going to be hard to cast.

I wand on sindra hard mode. haven't gotten the debuff above 2 yet. I only do it in phase one since
    it's more manageable.

as for pve being scripted, I forgot that nothing unplanned ever happens ever.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    wands add the melee debuff to you, so no, not sindragosa 25 heroic.
    If your healers can't keep you up through a 3-4 stack of Chilled to the bone then you really shouldn't be doing heroic sind, it's not like the healers really use mana on that fight either, our healers sit at 90%+ the entire fight. The same applies in P3 to an extent, if you get Unchained Magic, start using your wand on ice tombs, it does not give you stacks of chilled to the bone.

If you have no mana you should hurry up and get some before killing totems or you are dead.

plus, "wanding totems" is a form of being scripted right? I'm sure you have tools and the decision making capabilites to deal with whatever comes your way, but isn't that a form of being scripted?

lol at teh "scripted" argument. the whole damned game is scripted you fools.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurus View Post
    Not all wand players are mages. Mana is an important issue in an arena. PvP players do use wand when situation arises, so saying “you won’t use your wand when you hit 80” is a very bad advice. I don’t know who said it, but if you have no mana, I’m sure the Ice Lance is going to be hard to cast.
    pretty sure these are the mage forums and not the warlock/priest ones. my mistake sir, i'll take all classes into consideration when discussing mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Miniafroftw View Post
    If your healers can't keep you up through a 3-4 stack of Chilled to the bone then you really shouldn't be doing heroic sind, it's not like the healers really use mana on that fight either, our healers sit at 90%+ the entire fight. The same applies in P3 to an extent, if you get Unchained Magic, start using your wand on ice tombs, it does not give you stacks of chilled to the bone.
    if you're taxing your healers with unnecessary healing on a fight that isn't a real DPS check, then you are a bad raider and are probably a tunnel vision meter padder.
    BfA Beta Time

The wand pretty soon ends up as a "stat stick".
    Useful for a few levels but soon will not be used much besides a non-mana ranged pull or really low threat damage output should.
    Rarely seen it used in pvp, since if I have so little mana where the wand becomes an option then I am likely dead before I could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    You're a horrible troll.

Ohai. Lower level players (mostly priests) use wands to dps. Obviously later on when their spells do decent damage, it gets replaced. However at lower levels like 10-20 (for a priest), wands trump smite spamming.

And op, it's channeled. You hit shoot once and it attacks. Each attack causes a GCD, so spamming fireball > shooting wand.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!