Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    why is the post made ha ha but yes stats are greater then what color the name is

It's said on most cataclysm press events that starter quest greens will be 251, quest blues will be 260 or something and heroic gear will be about 280, with the first tier of raid armor being 300s+... So ye might replace some pieces, if they improve my overall stats. I don't rly care if they're epics, have done it on previous expansions and will do it on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Deleted
    Id probably change like a epic helm or shoulders if a green was better looking even if it was a teeny bit worse stats.

Greens just don't have the stat points to beat out decent epics from the previous expansion. The exception is weapons, which scale differently (both in raw dps and the dps->spellpower conversion). Blues are different because they have more available stats per iLvL.

But an upgrade is an upgrade, regardless of the color of the text (unless a set bonus is unique enough to outweigh the stat loss). You also have to consider whether or not it's worth getting that new piece enchanted to bring it up to par with your existing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    No they don't. Only bad epics, like t9, will be replaced by greens and blues.
    I dont see anyone with tier 6 anymore :<
    Geeza aka Parilla

Who cares what color the gear is or how it looks? Are you on a RP server? If not, go join one. Or are you one of those types that hate on RP'ers yet care about how their character looks?

Stats > looks, ilevel, gear quality, etc.

well if they outstat my current gear, though i imagine that my 277's and som 264's like trinkets will maintain until 85, and the four set bonus will remain as no matter the itemisation the bonuses will scale and remain OP.

Deleted
    I dont care, if it has more stats and dmg/armour, i simply dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Molobolo View Post
    Who cares what color the gear is or how it looks? Are you on a RP server? If not, go join one. Or are you one of those types that hate on RP'ers yet care about how their character looks?

Stats > looks, ilevel, gear quality, etc.
    Wanting to look cool has nothing to do with RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Depending on what level of epics though. 277 gear should last until 85 heroics or raids.
    i think they said something about that and i think they will last half way thro your lvling process some one some time ago linked a couple of greens having a higher Ilvl than 277 heroic ICC gear so i think halfway thro lvling you prolly will go green
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt count on even icecrown gear to last too long in cataclysm, because of the mastery stat which will be introduced to new gear only.

Bullshit. Old stats getting removed (ArP) are going to be Mastery.
    Also, remember that at the same iLvL, an epic has much greater stat than a green.
    You'll also keep your t9+ while levelling due to enchants/gems.

If your ever in full greens i'm pretty sure your doing it wrong. When i lvled from BC to Wotlk i was sad to be replacing my T6 but i still replaced them with mainly blues from group quests/instances. until around 78-80 when the greens started getting better then my stuff did i finally have any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Depending on what level of epics though. 277 gear should last until 85 heroics or raids.
    wasn't it confirmed that like lvl 78 greens from the new expansion will be 272?

absolutely. stats are what make the game go around, not prettys.

Epics in vanilla ended around ilvl 77.
    Heroics in BC had gear around 110-115.
    Epics in BC ended around 164-177.
    Heroics in WotLK had gear around 185-200. (200 were the epics and also 10 man Naxx gear)
    Epics in WotLK ended around 264-277.

My guess:
    Heroics in Cata will have gear around 300 with first tier of raids being slightly higher, 315ish.
    Any 277 gear will definitely be replaced with 85 heroic gear, and more than likely, 85 normal dungeon gear.

I'm doing exactly what I did last expansion and the one before. I'm not replacing any epic gear until I am at the new max level. I'll replace epics with epics. Could care less about stats. People play their game their way, I play mine to get cool gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Deleting old epics makes me cry why is bank not bigger
    They are adding a system to store old gear in cat.

Err, actually, some of the WOTLK greens were quite good looking. TBC greens, just don't remind me... pink thong on a Tauren Druid... THE HORROR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    wasn't it confirmed that like lvl 78 greens from the new expansion will be 272?
    A 277 epic is still better then a 277 green. Purple will have more stats at the same ilvl.