First time PvPer

Hey! Im going to start PvPing soon on my Shaman, Enhancement for PvE and Elemental for PvP but i have no idea how to socket/enchant my gear or what specc thats best for me. Do i need to cap hit? How much spellpen should i have? This is the first time i ever played PvP (and Elemental) serious so i could really use some tips.
    Plx dont laugh at my english!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The shaman sub-forum at world of warcraft . com has a sticky made specifically for this topic. Probably the best place to start. Good luck!

I'm certainly not the best, but If this helps i can give you some tips and information. Just a few background points, i mainly play restoration in pvp, but i've played elemental in the 2300 rating bracket.

First things first, getting yourself PvP hit capped, 4% is the hit cap, 3$ is available through talents, but its not really ideal as a few pieces of hit gear will put you above hit cap pretty quickly.

Main stat priority i would say is spell power, unless you're having terrible survival then i'd recommend spellpower stam or stam resilence, though i'm not too fond of gemming resilence, some of my pieces are actually still resilence gem but i haven't gotten around to replacing them.

Haste is your friend, any off pieces that give haste that you can get.. get them! Most shaman PvP pieces are crit, but rings neck, cloak isn't you are probably able to get haste one, ashen verdict exhalted ring is great as it gives both hit and haste, the hit rating pvp ring is alright too even though its 1 season behind, you can always get the hit rating neck/cloak and get ashen verdict ring or relentless gladiator ring of ancestary (please excuse the spelling).

You want to have atleast 900 resilence and up to about 1000-1200 (without gemming or enchanting resilence).

90-120 spell penetration, i run ~120 so my purges won't fail too often

Enchant wise, Normal PvE helm and shoulder enchant, sp + crit, pants - sp stam, bracers - sp or stam depending on your preference and playstyle/survival, chest - resilence or stats or health up to you, cloak - spell penetration, gloves - spell power unless you're trying for hit cap w/o using hit off pieces, then go hit rating, boots - tuskarrs vitality is the only choice i feel you should be making, rings - spellpower (if enchanter), trinket choice is again up to you, if you have survival problems, go with the resilence and battlemasters, if not, wear spellpower WG one and a pve dps trinket.

Specs, you will find great ones on arenajunkies, all shamans follow a typical spec.

Work on your macros and keybinds, elemental shamans as a dps rotation in pvp is fairly simplistic and faceroll (flame shock, lightning bolt, chain lightning and lava burst) are your key spells, and frost shock when required.

Survival however, shamans have alot of buttons to play around with so bind them, learn them, maximize them (off healing spells, totems, cleanses, wolfing, etc etc).

I wish you luck on your pvp journey, it'll be rocky at first but you'll love it :P nothing better than timing an instant lava burst into someones face to kill them

A big thanks for the help guys, 50 more triumphs for pvphands and im good to go!

I guess you will find the best explanations (marcos, gems,....) on arenajunkies.
    It should not be too difficult for an elemental shaman.