Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Professor Putricide - Bad Fight Design?

We have this boss on "farm" in ICC 25, but yesterday as usual right before phase 3, a Malleable Goo is thrown at the green ooze target resulting in a good chunk of deaths.

I understand there is some RNG in encounters, but with PP it takes it to another level. The chance to have a raid wipe out of your control is far greater.

Anyone else getting annoyed by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    W...as usual right before phase 3, a Malleable Goo is thrown at the green ooze target resulting in a good chunk of deaths.

So you are aware that every time this happens, yet you can't be prepared for it? Sounds to me like the raid awareness isn't so good in your raid group.

Also, if you can't dps down the green ooze before phase 3 starts then there must be big issue with your raid dps.

That has happened a lot. We usually just throw the holy priest cooldown on em and they're good. Melee just needs to be more aware of what is going on rather than chasing stuff into a big puddle of death.

We have this boss on "farm" in ICC 25, but yesterday as usual right before phase 3, a Malleable Goo is thrown at the green ooze target resulting in a good chunk of deaths.

I understand there is some RNG in encounters, but with PP it takes it to another level. The chance to have a raid wipe out of your control is far greater.

Accidents. Nothing you can do About em. Not the Fight Design. People Standing in Wrong Spot at Wrong time. thats it.

actually the rng issues which add a bit of variety especially on hc version add a bit of spice and interest, whcih i think equates to good fight design rather than bad. With awareness and decent players you can manage and maintain these uncontrollable elements, that's the whole point isn't it?

This topic was misleading. I thought you were going to QQ about how hard PP is and how its a bad designed encounter. Instead, you're QQing because your group can't pay attention.

Have you met heroic LK. thats rng to another level

/brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    okay, i'm going to try a crazy new theory: i'm going to take my pants off and type this in the nude (shirts are for pussies in the first place). i will also type it slowly and in full capitalized letters so those with impaired vision can see it (though it will not be in caps, since i hold down the shift key HA).

Quote Originally Posted by Zenflux View Post
    So you are aware that every time this happens, yet you can't be prepared for it? Sounds to me like the raid awareness isn't so good in your raid group.

Also, if you can't dps down the green ooze before phase 3 starts then there must be big issue with your raid dps.
    The green ooze is DPS'ed down before it reaches its second target usually. And the green ooze target can be very aware of the situation, but if he gets targeted by Malleable Goo there is not much he can do (assuming its not a pally/mage). Considering you are immobilized.

I'm not fond of fights that have Random_Big_Damage_1 and Random_Big_Damage_2, that are on seperate, fluxating timers which allows for both to go off at the same time at the same target. This just makes twitch reaction on your healers' part far too important, and good healers are hard enough to come by as it is.

Why can't you just run away from green target and let them die. 1 death is better than 7. It's not that hard. And if your priest is fast with a GS they wont die anyway.

Never raid in Vanilla WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elkninja View Post
    You can't really expect that there are that many of us oldschool players left in the world of Azeroth.

Vanilla didnt have as much RNG as LK hc or Putr hc.

try it on heroic then qq

10+ Year Old Account
    ever raid prince in kara in t4 and less now that was annoying rng

Deleted
    dont hug green ooze when mallable goo is about to hit the spot and combatrez the person whom it was after? i dont see what's the problem here unless you have zero druids or warlocks in your raid

After trying hc Putri a few times, I must say... This fight is pure chaos. Doable tho but highly annoying, even more so then normal LK <_<. Gah.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    ever raid prince in kara in t4 and less now that was annoying rng
    *Tank dies*
    Raid: WHAT.

Dealing with RNG is half...no...most..of what makes PvE encounters difficult to begin with and where 'pve is facerollolz' pvpers who stand in fire simply cannot understand that its NOT the same thing every time, at all. Outside of a fight like Patchwerk you and your raid will never see the same encounter the same exact way more than one time...on a progression fight, everyone needs to be prepared for this or you don't progress.

I'm sure there are examples of unavoidable wipes to RNG...many top end guilds that have H Arthas on farm now have stated that encounter in particular is too RNG heavy. Admittedly, a lot of the ICC hardmodes are challenging because they are plain fucking annoying and some of them seem RNG happy vs say very demanding DPS and requring everyone to stay alive(like beating firefighter enrage timer)or just pure coordination/communication like H faction champions in 25 man.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prince in Kara definitely had way worse RNG as well as a substantially worse corpse run.

The PP encounter is fine. One of my favorites in ICC, actually.