Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Does he drop Frost badges?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    people actually want those cloaks? there's a 50 frost badge tanking cloak that's one of the best in game. go for that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    RANDOM !! :P
    Has the same droprate as the others i guess, btw.. it sux :P
    Im just that awesome >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Does he drop Frost badges?
    He drops 2 frost badges per day from the Satchel of Goods.

28 times before my first cloak, and some ret pala ninjaed it... thanks for a wonderful system Blizz...

So I was like > google > wats RNG? ..and now I'm also cool kid! RNG RNG RNG!!!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

Tank cloak dropped on my second run today and thankfully I was on my pally and won it...she was in sore need of an upgrade (tank off spec so spending frost emblems on that isn't my priority).

I've done him on 5 characters, and of the 3 of them that need a cloak, 3 of them got the cloak they needed on the first try...

>_>

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeri View Post
    28 times before my first cloak, and some ret pala ninjaed it... thanks for a wonderful system Blizz...
    He didn't ninja. He legitimately won a roll. You obviously have no idea what ninjaing is. You actually cannot ninja in WoW. The game is set up so that it is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    He didn't ninja. He legitimately won a roll. You obviously have no idea what ninjaing is. You actually cannot ninja in WoW. The game is set up so that it is impossible.
    I almost feel like arguing with you there about how to define what 'ninjaing' is, but I don't think that's the real point.

The point is, this cloak in particular drops with a rarity comparable to the percentage of actual tanks in parties. It must, therefore, be intended for use by something similar to the number of tanks who actually tank the encounter.

Let's look at the full implications. If the DPS are rolling on this, it makes it an utter B**TCH for a tank to get it. It is kind of like spitting in your tank's face, TBH. Tanks have instant queues - how hard is it for you to actually queue as a tank if you want that cloak? Why didn't you? Whatever that reason is, it is a reason your actual TANK should get first call on it.

Blizzard can't restrict loot to one person or one circumstance. People have to use MANNERS and COURTESY to do that, and if you're grabbing every purple that comes your way cos it tops up some rarely-used alternate gear set of yours, then you are failing to make use of your common courtesy.

And YES, I have had that cloak ninjad off me. I swore I'd farm until I got it, and after 21 runs I was just about shaking with frustration. Would the person who ninjad it for their offset have put in that kind of effort for it? I don't think so.

Ano no, I still don't have it, so I hope you enjoy it sitting there unused in your bag you ***** ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Erudus View Post
    I've tanked this boss just over 50 times now (in a row with the same group) and seen every single cloak drop 5 times over (at least) but not a single tank cloak... the only one i actually need. Can anyone confirm why the drop rate is so low? is it to make the tanks keep going over and over so EVERY DPS get their cloaks first and then give up doing the boss so us tanks get fuck all?!

P.S who's bright idea was it to make Ahune and ALL of his adds immune to frost?! (I play a DK Frost tank)... pretty fun tanking it only using Blood Boil and Death and Decay... (FYI I'm not bitching about the difficulty of the boss at all... so don't even start flaming)
    I feel your pain, I've been hoping for the tanking cloak on my shaman but I haven't seen it yet. Also haven't seen the crit cloak for my mage and lost the other caster cloak on my priest to a rogue.

Tank cloak took me about 12runs on my DK, wasnt too bad.

The RNG from this guy is probably the worst I've seen, I've had about 22 bags with fuck all inside and I've saw the tank cloak drop twice out of 24 attempts because 90% of the time it's the SP one, what is the drop rate? I mean I've done it on between 4 and 6 chars for 4 days now and not had a single thing inside the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent seen the tank cloak yet either. Did it about 5 times.

Though blizz might have just made the droprate really low so tanks would keep running the place. They are still the most wanted role in 5mans by far. Instant queues for tanks. 2-5 mins for my healer. 10-20 min for dps...

Deleted
    I saw it on my very first run. Then the resto druid took it.

I asked him if defense was good for druids.

He called me a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I saw it on my very first run. Then the resto druid took it.

I asked him if defense was good for druids.

He called me a noob.
    The agi cloak would be alot better for a bear tank, unless he was insanely geared to the point that defense would scale better than agility.

I doubt he was.