Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Resto Druid Gear Question

Hey all,

I've got a few gear switch questions I was looking for feedback on.

Here is my current gear.

<I had my armory link here but It says I can't link it because I havent posted or something.. My toon is Klack on Ysera>

But I've also got these in the bank..

Again, wont let me link but I was trying to show Shoulders of the Frost-Tipped Thorns

So, it got me thinking, I could switch my T10 shoulders with the Frost-Tipped shoulders and replace my helm with the T10 helm (I have the badges already) and by doing that I could get back to 856 haste and switch out of CF back to 11/0/60. (Stat loss would be -3 sta -3 int -3 spirit -14 SP and + socket... so all told it would really be somewhat even with a +23 SP in the extra socket)

The other option is, I could buy the Spruce and Fir chest, and the T10 helm, this would put me over haste cap with 11/0/60 but allow me to move out haste gems for SP gems.

What's everyone's thoughts here? I'm 37 badges short on the 2nd option but I'll have that by Wednesday of this week.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thanks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Ysera&cn=Klack

The BiS is using chest offpiece (emblem one then prince's heroic 25 one if you can get that upgrade), you may go over the cap but your using a haste staff currently, remember that Trauma is the most powerful mace for you and it has 0 haste, so when you get it you'll need some more.

About your current gear: Dont use sp/int gems, ever, intellect is poor for druid's. Dont use 20 haste gem's either, reckless only.

Other then that.. enchant's, the mp5 head/shoulder enchant's are better in t10 (crit is better in t9), and you should be using Tuskar's Vitality on boot's.

Glyph's: Use swiftmend instead of nourish if your raiding 10 mans mostly.. or instead of rapid rejuv if your running 25's (Imo, rapid rejuv is really poor considering it mean's you can only hot 8-10 people instead of 15-18).

Obviously the spec isn't great cause of speccing into CF but it's ok for now.

I disagree with arguing against using Glyph of Nourish in 10 man. It's a personal choice, but I know that if I need to heal a tank for any reason I'd prefer to have a very strong heal to do it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 80 haste to spec out of celestial focus. The first option will not give you that much unless you put in another Quick King's Amber for 20 haste.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.41333.40155

Gains
    84 Haste
    Losses
    13 Int.
    3 Stam.
    3 Spirit
    75 Crit (1.63%)
    3 Spellpower

Notice the gem changes.

The second option would be better and allow some gem switches to make the switch more profitable.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.40113.40155

Gains
    88 Haste
    29 Spellpower
    Losses
    34 Int. (mostly from gems)
    14 Stam.
    30 Spirit
    104 Crit (2.27%)

Also notice the gem changes.

This is also how you should spec and glyph without CF (something like this): http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VG0dZZf0IubuxiuVIsVo:Akx

Hope I could help.

EDIT: Also definitely switch out your boot enchant for Tuskarr's, along with the meta changes I made.
    Last edited by Orumis; 2010-06-22 at 04:11 AM.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to want to end up with the badge chest and the rest tier pieces. That's our BiS and like said, you will only upgrade it with the heroic princes chest.

If you change all your yellows to SP/Haste and all your pure haste gems to SP/haste you will end up with the exact same haste and more SP.

In 10s nourish, SM, and RR is pretty superior from what I've seen. You normally don't need the extra WG and the other ones aren't very good.
    In 25s RR is very good if you have another druid. I've never seen an endgame druid not use RR on most fights.

If you aren't having mana problems there is no need for the MP5 chants. Both me and my other druid switch our helm/shoulder enchants per fight as needed but if you don't want to, base it off if you need the mana or not. If the MP5 is just wasted may as well have crit for SM, nourish, and RG.

Alright, all done re-gemming/enchanting and setting up the new gear. I didn't switch out mp5 chants on head/shoulders because I really dont have many mana issues. I also didn't get Tranq Spirit because I never use those spells, so figured I'd put them in NG for the occasional regrowth. I know they are both somewhat useless but patato potato I guess.

The only other thing I wonder is about RR glyph, I normally don't run with another resto druid, so I'm wondering if I should drop it. Our raid comp is normally 2x holy pally's, resto shaman, disc priest, holy priest, and me. (sometimes its 1 holy pally, 2x resto shamans and sometimes only one priest, depends on who shows)

I did pickup Trauma last night, but my offhand sucks.. (Shriveled Heart from H HoR) so I'm not sure I should use it, what's everyone's thoughts? I'm next in line for loot, so I think I'll get the OH off Princes (gah, didnt drop last night) at which point I know I'll switch. Just wondering if it's worth switching now or waiting.

I mostly just raid 25 ICC, our guild doesnt run 10 so I end up PUGing it but my main priority is 25s.

Thanks again for all the help.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aging+Warriors

i'm just about ready to start raiding, i'm curious what 4 pieces should i be aiming for for the 4p10 bonus?... i bought the head piece, and currently have 4p9 bonus... i figure, i'll add a second t10 and then reequip merlin's robe or the upgraded shoulders for triumph (2p10 + 2p9 bonuses + merlins robe)... but what pieces should i be looking to add for my other 3 pieces of t10 set?...

bis is not something i'm realistically looking at... and frosts don't come cheap for me, but (thank you mid summer festival) i should have enough frosts to purchase a second piece of t10 by next week... which piece should i add?...

Get 4 T10 + vestments of spruce and fir

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Whta he said. If you are looking for an order most people get gloves and legs 1st since they are the 2 with haste then upgrade whichever piece is worse after that unless they have a reaaaly bad helm/shoulder they need replaced quickly.

Looking at your gear it's all 232 T9 so gloves or pants 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    ^ Whta he said. If you are looking for an order most people get gloves and legs 1st since they are the 2 with haste then upgrade whichever piece is worse after that unless they have a reaaaly bad helm/shoulder they need replaced quickly.

Looking at your gear it's all 232 T9 so gloves or pants 1st.
    well, that's the thing... since frosts are tough for me to come by since i'm currently not raiding ICC, i was hoping to farm the legs and gloves from VOA... but, i would like to get haste soft capped first... so, i guess gloves it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's kind of dumb that the two VoA pieces are the only 2 that are actually itemized correctly for us.

Don't hold out for VoA though. I had someones druid alt do it every week and never saw one piece of resto druid gear...
    Just always hold out until you do that weeks set of VoAs before you spend your badges just in case. =]

@Peepo

Usually when people start to gear up for T10, they go for gloves and pants first since they're the only T10 pieces with haste on them, but I understand why you would be holding out for Toravon. Vestments of Spruce and Fir are extremely well itemized, so they should be your chest piece of choice no matter what.

Considering how good T9 4-piece bonus is, it's generally a good idea to replace it only when you can replace the whole set by higher level items, which should make up for the loss of Rejuvenation crits. 2-piece T9 set bonus is rubbish so there's no point keeping it if you can get better items. Furthermore it's important to understand that if your focus is mostly 10-mans, you might not even want to go for 4-piece T10 bonus because it's quite weak for raids with so few people.

If the T9 you have is lvl232, buy the Emblem of Triumph non-set haste shoulders and your next T10 item should be pants or gloves for the added haste. For chest piece, save up for Vestments of Spruce and Fir (they're really that amazing) and then your next goal is to upgrade your pants/gloves (whichever you didn't buy before) and shoulders last.

here is something to consider on the whole VoA thing. In the 1.5 years(?) that wrath has been out, I have never once won a main spec item of the current progression tier on any of my characters. I run the instance every week until I don't have a choice but to buy the items conventionally, so it isn't a lack of trying. You have less than 1/40 chance of the item you want dropping, and even if it does drop you will often have to fight somebody for the item as well.

If you luck is better than mine, more power to you. Just know that the odds are solidly stacked against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    here is something to consider on the whole VoA thing. In the 1.5 years(?) that wrath has been out, I have never once won a main spec item of the current progression tier on any of my characters. I run the instance every week until I don't have a choice but to buy the items conventionally, so it isn't a lack of trying. You have less than 1/40 chance of the item you want dropping, and even if it does drop you will often have to fight somebody for the item as well.

If you luck is better than mine, more power to you. Just know that the odds are solidly stacked against you.
    This is exactly my thoughts. Myself, I have been lucky enough to get resto (main specc) Sanctified gloves and feral (offspec) Sanctified pants (there were no feral druids in the raid), and I already feel like my luck has been overdrawn for the whole Cataclysm.

Not only does your class's item have to drop (1 in 10, so 10% chance), but it has to be the right specc (1 in 3 out of the previous chance, so that's 3.33% chance) and it has to be a PvE piece (1 in 2 of the previous chance, so you that's some 1.7% chance). WoWhead says 1.3%, so I was pretty close. That's really not something you can count with.

Deleted
    But two items drop, making the chance of one piece dropping ((1-((1-0.017)^2))*100)%. That's about 3.3711%.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just RNG. I went on my huntard back in Uld and got two pieces in 25, one run. I never really ran it on my druid because I didn't need to. But I know people that run it every week on all their chars and have never gotten anything.

Never let badges rot, but don't be afraid to upgrade other things that are BiS 1st.

ZOMG my thread got hijacked o.O LOL j/k but if someone gets a sec can they look at my revised question list if they get a moment (post #5) Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylem View Post
    Alright, all done re-gemming/enchanting and setting up the new gear. I didn't switch out mp5 chants on head/shoulders because I really dont have many mana issues. I also didn't get Tranq Spirit because I never use those spells, so figured I'd put them in NG for the occasional regrowth. I know they are both somewhat useless but patato potato I guess.

The only other thing I wonder is about RR glyph, I normally don't run with another resto druid, so I'm wondering if I should drop it. Our raid comp is normally 2x holy pally's, resto shaman, disc priest, holy priest, and me. (sometimes its 1 holy pally, 2x resto shamans and sometimes only one priest, depends on who shows)

I did pickup Trauma last night, but my offhand sucks.. (Shriveled Heart from H HoR) so I'm not sure I should use it, what's everyone's thoughts? I'm next in line for loot, so I think I'll get the OH off Princes (gah, didnt drop last night) at which point I know I'll switch. Just wondering if it's worth switching now or waiting.

I mostly just raid 25 ICC, our guild doesnt run 10 so I end up PUGing it but my main priority is 25s.

Thanks again for all the help.

If you are alone in 25s RR normally shouldn't be used. It's more important for you to have as many rejuvs out as you can and RR cuts the number down.

Use Trauma even if your OH is bad. It accounts for way more than any stats will make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    If you are alone in 25s RR normally shouldn't be used. It's more important for you to have as many rejuvs out as you can and RR cuts the number down.

Use Trauma even if your OH is bad. It accounts for way more than any stats will make up.
    Hi, thanks again for the help. I switched to using my Trauma with my baddie OH. I switched all my +SP gems to SP/Haste so I could get back to haste cap without having to respec into CF. (Does that make sense?)

Also, in light of doing away with RR what do you recommend in it's place? Regular Rejuv?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on where you are progressing.

SM is always pretty much a must along with WG for 25 man. Last spot outside of RR would probably be nourish if you are on fights that you use it. After that Rejuv if you are on aura fights where people will actually be under 50% enough for the glyph to be worth it.