Is it possible...

For those that have had heirlooms and a server with gold and friends to start over completely fresh on a new server? with no heirlooms no gold? I want to move server but i get paid monthly so i can't move a character for about a week and a half or so.
    I want to start on a new server completely new but i honestly don;t think i can live without my heirlooms the buff is just so nice, i mean i would go healer no doubt because it's the easiest class to get groups with or tank but tanks are...difficult.

Anyway has anyone ever just dropped their server without transfering but moved to a new server and started fresh with nothing, what class/race/role did you take?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I rolled BE paladin on another server. It's hard in the beginning, but you will get used to it eventually.

I started over on a completely new realm after discovering I had some RL friends that played there. I didn't want to pay for a character transfer, and there were some classes that I had yet to try that I wanted to, so I rolled a Shaman and a Mage on this new server, no gold or heirlooms. Through the LFG tool I have been able to lvl fast just fine without heirlooms, and make tons of $$$ in the process. I actually like this new realm more than the last So, yes, it is possible.

It is certainly doable, but I would make one suggestion to make it easier.
    Get a bank alt on that realm as soon as you can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did it too, with my druid which now has outgeared and outgold'd all my other 80's, sitting with 6015 gs & 74k gold, and i played it since february ?
    Was VERY hard to start without all that shit and so on, but i needed gold, so at lvl 10 i went to AH with the little gold that i had earned from picking everything up and selling it and just well, scamming my way to greenies in instances etc. etc.
    So from there i did my business, at level 10 i ended with 7,2k gold before leveling any further :P
    Then i had some fun, you dont notice the exp loss from not having heirlooms that much
    Btw... Tank's are not difficult >.<
    Im just that awesome >.<

done this twice allready, it's no big deal tbh, it's easy as shit provided you've got a clue about what you're doing

rerolled BE rogue on a new server, you will get used to not having the "benefits" if you keep to dungeons you wont feel it go that much slower, because dungeons keeps you busy.

the gold will come by itself

10+ Year Old Account
    I would chose a tanking spec over a healing spec, tanks are more rare then healers are so you are like 99% sure to have a instant group when you queue. Also tanks tend to do good dps for first or second place =) And in general its possible, but you would really have to be motivated for it :P

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Heh, actually I have experience of a similar nature.
    When I first started I played a lock on Aly side on an RP server. Got to 70 and started raiding, then I found out my sister and a bunch of friends played on a different server as horde.. This was way before character transfers were offered. So, I had no choice but to re-roll fresh. Of course, this was before heirlooms even existed or the lfd. But I played several classes a bit before going back to the lock.. I just find the class so much fun.. demons and black magic and all.

I personally found the change refreshing and fell in love with the horde quests and cities. Plus without heirlooms you get to see more of the quests and such.

Personally, I would wait for Cataclysm to roll around before starting over fresh. I've done the leveling up process without heirlooms enough that I know all the quests and they are now relatively boring to do. But with the 1-60 experience being revamped, it'll be fun and interesting again.