Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World bosses in cata?

what will happen to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine most of them would remain there for nostalgia purposes... maybe tune them back up for level 85s? Only time will tell.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

As for Azuregos, he's just farmed for gold every week, and would seem kinda odd seeing a giant Blue Dragon patrolling around Azshara, a soon-to-be goblin infested zone... Kazzak is in outland so im 99% Sure nothing will change. And as far as i've seen, the Cata plot has nothing to do with the Green dragonflight so they'll probably just stay and continue to be farmed.
    Edit: Didn't Blizzard say they werent adding any more World Bosses because it seemed to much of a "Hey guild,since were saved to everything else, were gonna wait in Azshara for 3 hours until Azuregos pops up and hope we tag him first".
    Last edited by Sinea; 2010-06-22 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it

I hope to god they bring world bosses back, it was epic back in the day seeing high end guilds go at them, they'd usually have an audience of hundreds (well maybe 20-30) but it felt like hundereds.

The absence of world bosses in WOTLK is a mistake they shouldn't make again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinea View Post
    As for Azuregos, he's just farmed for gold every week, and would seem kinda odd seeing a giant Blue Dragon patrolling around Azshara, a soon-to-be goblin infested zone... Kazzak is in outland so im 99% Sure nothing will change. And as far as i've seen, the Cata plot has nothing to do with the Green dragonflight so they'll probably just stay and continue to be farmed.
    Edit: Didn't Blizzard say they werent adding any more World Bosses because it seemed to much of a "Hey guild,since were saved to everything else, were gonna wait in Azshara for 3 hours until Azuregos pops up and hope we tag him first".

My magic crystal ball tells me we may still see Azuregos in Azshara, just not in his usual spot

The Green dragons guarding the portals into the dream are all dead iirc. I assume most current world bosses will be removed, or stay the same that they are now.
    No new bosses though, which is a little sad. Some of my fondest memories raiding in vanilla are taking on world bosses.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I want more world bosses and i want the ones here to stay the World hunter union comes on my realm with hunderds of level 1 dwarf hunters and after alot of wipes end up killing the world dragon when it is up. Was really cool to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll be easily soloable because health pools will go up 200%? lol

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    what will happen to them?
    I've heard something about an Invisible Deathwing 1 shotting people for 400 million damage near Mount Hyjal... maybe there's a plan with that...

mines bigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    My magic crystal ball tells me we may still see Azuregos in Azshara, just not in his usual spot
    People who act like they work/know people at Blizzard are cool.
    Confirm/deny?

Quote Originally Posted by mines bigger View Post
    People who act like they work/know people at Blizzard are cool.
    Confirm/deny?
    or is perhaps "not breaking" the nda....

I still remember a horde tank getting cycloned in TBC while tanking Doom Lord Kazzak.

It was a nice realm forum read ^^.
    De dikke dwerg

10+ Year Old Account
    i like world bosses

i would prefer if u had to hunt them down since well...... cant dragons fly? id love to see world bosses randomly attacking cities every now and then and flying around random zones to kill ppl and requiring a raid to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    i like world bosses

i would prefer if u had to hunt them down since well...... cant dragons fly? id love to see world bosses randomly attacking cities every now and then and flying around random zones to kill ppl and requiring a raid to kill it
    Tons of new Gnome priests in Dun Morogh, really pleased with gnome healers, running around doing their quests. A dragon appears flying over the zone! "F**K YOU! I'M A DRAGON!" *Breaths fire over the entire zone*...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Tons of new Gnome priests in Dun Morogh, really pleased with gnome healers, running around doing their quests. A dragon appears flying over the zone! "F**K YOU! I'M A DRAGON!" *Breaths fire over the entire zone*...
    i would like that it should also do a server wide aq40 gate quest ish (omg u killed me) emote so that ppl can /cheer for the groups that killed it (id like them to require 40 in t11 gear and be buffed hp wise and drop wise as cata goes on) also portals opening up to where the world boss is being killed for the faction thats killing it in every one of that factions towns to spectate would be cool (taking the portal makes it so u cant attack the boss)

The Dragons that protect the portals to the Emerald Dream have be slain by Malfurion Stormrage, according to "Stormrage" Novel by Knaak.

So they definitely won't be in Cataclysm.

I hope they think of some new and exciting world bosses though, even if its something that spawns in a random area on a random timer so guilds can't camp it.

I would assume the world dragons were being removed as they are part of the Ahn Qiraji chain and portions of that chain are no longer doable in cataclysm. Namely killing chimeras in feralas.

Would love to see more world bosses. or just rare spawns that drop decent loot.

OMG a rare spawn! Must kill it! OOHH it dropped something! Whats it gonna be? maybe a BOE epic! GAH! its only a crappy green. hmm. Wait a tick. Same item level as the green that the non rare non elite mob next to it drops. totally not worth it.

I'm sure they'll be kept there as this has happened for the past 2 expansions and I see no reason for blizzard removing them now. they could have done it years ago.

Anything new info from beta or the ptr?
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP