15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] The Green Hornet

Was Seth Rogen the right choice? Lets hear your opinions Trailer below!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808411967/trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMlEEshhuI

Opening in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D theaters on January 14, 2011, the Michel Gondry-directed film stars Seth Rogen, Cameron Diaz, Jay Chou, Edward James Olmos, David Harbour, Tom Wilkinson and Christoph Waltz

They picked a near perfect actor for Kato and the bad guy being Captain Badass himself, Christoph Walz (bing-ooo), this could actually be quite entertaining, just dont go in expecting The Dark Knight of course and you might have a blast like Iron Man or Kick Ass. And i for one and surprised that it's not as horrible as i expected.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-12-09 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Added youtube link.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow Seth Rogan can do a movie without fart jokes He actually looked half way decent there. I'd see it. I'm gonna have to read the comics a bit first though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Wow Seth Rogan can do a movie without fart jokes He actually looked half way decent there. I'd see it. I'm gonna have to read the comics a bit first though.
    Actually in the trailer he gets shot in the face with a gun that shoots green sleeping gas.

The movie looks very nice though. I'm sure it will become a classic eventually. :P
    For the Emperor.

15+ Year Old Account
    More like Ironman than Dark Knight, ofc.

I'm going to see this. Seth Rogen cleans up nicely and has lost alot of weight since Superbad. He'll crack some jokes, we'll laugh. The bad guy will make him turn serious for a little while and him and Kato will pwn.

I think I will enjoy this movie as long as it doesn't take itself too serious.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account
    New trailer, doesn't look that bad. I might actually see it opening weekend, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be strange not seeing Seth fat and high in a movie. Might catch a matinee, if only to check out Waltz.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted
    Saw this trailer this summer or smthing, then it got removed and I didnt manage to find it again :<

But Im definitly going to see this, Seth Rogen > All.

Maybe the trailer is bad at showing this, but how the hell do they have superpowers? It seems like they just have them because they want them, which is really dumb.

I'm also not really a fan of seth rogan. His voice, or I should say his laugh, I can't stand and the hipster douchbag stoner image and attitude in hollywood is so overdone and frankly just annoying at this point.

The Green Hornet never had Superpowers...just a lot of guns and a sidekick that was 10x his better. It really should have been called the Kato Show.

The Green Hornet is more in the line of Batman...The Punisher, and the like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIEP_...eature=related

Kato - Bruce Lee...the actually had to tell him to slow down in fight scenes...they couldn't see a lot of the stuff he was doing.
    Last edited by Battousai; 2010-11-22 at 09:19 PM.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    The Green Hornet never had Superpowers...just a lot of guns and a sidekick that was 10x his better. It really should have been called the Kato Show.

The Green Hornet is more in the line of Batman...The Punisher, and the like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIEP_...eature=related

Kato - Bruce Lee...the actually had to tell him to slow down in fight scenes...they couldn't see a lot of the stuff he was doing.
    Except in multiple scenes he punched a guy and he went flying 20 or more feet. That is superpowers, no human being can do that. Not even bruce lee or chuck norris since I know someone will try and say it. Batman trained in martial arts extensively so he had strength and speed, but otherwise he was just a man. The punisher just went around shooting everyone. So yeah, having superpowers just because with no explanation is really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Imagine if we would've been able to clone him and make an entire army full of Bruce Lees...
    Best army in the world.
    Until an entire platoon of marines open up on them with M16s.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Except in multiple scenes he punched a guy and he went flying 20 or more feet. That is superpowers, no human being can do that. Not even bruce lee or chuck norris since I know someone will try and say it. Batman trained in martial arts extensively so he had strength and speed, but otherwise he was just a man. The punisher just went around shooting everyone. So yeah, having superpowers just because with no explanation is really dumb.

Because Batman being able to shoot a hookshot Legend of Zelda style into a flying plane without his arm being ripped off is plausible.
    Because being able to wrap a steel wire around something to go across a street while flying down that street on a bike to make an 18 wheeler stand on its front grill is plausible.
    So on and so forth. It's meant to be over the top action. Not every super hero has to be dipped in a tub of super radioactive goop to be badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    Because Batman being able to shoot a hookshot Legend of Zelda style into a flying plane without his arm being ripped off is plausible.
    Because being able to wrap a steel wire around something to go across a street while flying down that street on a bike to make an 18 wheeler stand on its front grill is plausible.
    So on and so forth. It's meant to be over the top action. Not every super hero has to be dipped in a tub of super radioactive goop to be badass.
    The hookshot thing are you talking about when he was picked up? That was a ring on a balloon that the plane picked up. He would be wearing a harness, holding the line was to keep him straight so he didn't get thrown sideways. He wasn't just holding the wire with one hand like you do in zelda.

As for the 18 wheeler, you know they really did that right? Like that was a REAL 18 wheeler being tipped over. It wasn't cgi or animated at all. So no, it isn't unrealistic. You won't ever really see it happen of course, but its not like batman is your average guy. He is a billionare, he has access to any type of technology that exists in the world. And plenty of money to fund new research.

I love Seth Rogan. It's hard to take him seriously though. Hes kinda like Will Ferrell.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    The hookshot thing are you talking about when he was picked up? That was a ring on a balloon that the plane picked up. He would be wearing a harness, holding the line was to keep him straight so he didn't get thrown sideways. He wasn't just holding the wire with one hand like you do in zelda.

As for the 18 wheeler, you know they really did that right? Like that was a REAL 18 wheeler being tipped over. It wasn't cgi or animated at all. So no, it isn't unrealistic. You won't ever really see it happen of course, but its not like batman is your average guy. He is a billionare, he has access to any type of technology that exists in the world. And plenty of money to fund new research.
    I know it was actually done, watched the 15 minute HBO making of thing on The Dark Knight. It was impressive that they did do it, but there's absolutely no way a "regular" superhero could pull something like that off.

As for the hookshot thing, I won't lie, it was the first thing I remembered from the movie that seemed outrageous. I don't really remember how it worked. >.>

There will be plenty of things in the next Batman movie like that, same with any other superhero movie. Looking at it and scrutinizing every detail of whether or not a real human being could do it takes away from the fun of it.

I will watch it. However, it's really hard to take Seth seriously. Based on the trailer, his role feels wrong.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    I know it was actually done, watched the 15 minute HBO making of thing on The Dark Knight. It was impressive that they did do it, but there's absolutely no way a "regular" superhero could pull something like that off.

As for the hookshot thing, I won't lie, it was the first thing I remembered from the movie that seemed outrageous. I don't really remember how it worked. >.>

There will be plenty of things in the next Batman movie like that, same with any other superhero movie. Looking at it and scrutinizing every detail of whether or not a real human being could do it takes away from the fun of it.
    Most "regular" superheroes have superpowers and so they wouldn't need to tip an 18 wheeler end over end. They would just blow it up or rip the door off and drag the guy out. You saw how it was done, so it would be completely possible, just not practical to do. The thing about batman is he just trains a lot, so thats how he has the muscle and speed to do things, and he also has the best technology money can buy, so nothing he does couldn't be done by someone else with the same circumstances. In the green hornet however right in the trailer kato punched a guy and sent him flying 20 or 30 feet. No human being can do that at all, no matter how much steroids they are taking. That is superpowers, and it seems he has them just because for no reason at all. Its not scrutinizing every detail to ask why he has superpowers. And if the answer is nothing more then "just because" it ruins the whole premise of the movie in the first place.

Its kind of the same thing as Arnold in movies like Commando and such. There's no way that a normal human being can pull a 6 foot metal pipe off a wall its bolted to...and then throw it though another person's chest.

But..."Let off some steam Bennett" doesn't mean he had superpowers...it simply means its fiction.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    Its kind of the same thing as Arnold in movies like Commando and such. There's no way that a normal human being can pull a 6 foot metal pipe off a wall its bolted to...and then throw it though another person's chest.

But..."Let off some steam Bennett" doesn't mean he had superpowers...it simply means its fiction.
    Pretty much. It's a movie, things are more fantastic when people don't just fall down.. but go through windows instead.

Heck, John Woo gives inanimate objects superpowers...for example, the John Woo "Shotgun of doom."

Watch any John Woo movie where someone uses a shotgun, for example "The Killer." One shot gun can explode...a car...a door...heck, it can desintigrate entire walls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYz9r...eature=related
    Last edited by Battousai; 2010-11-27 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I loved the old school Green Hornet. I am giving this one a good chance, just hoping and praying they don't F this up. They have all the pieces just need to put them together.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief