Running rogue druid 2v2 have some questions

hello all. A friend and i just started running druid rogue 2v2. I am currently playing as resto, and we are running into trouble into a lot of teams, either his dps may be too low (using icc daggers and full relentless basically), or my heals are too low. I keep hearing from people that feral rogue 2s is an OP team atm. I was just wondering if anybody has some insight as to how to play feral rogue 2v2 effectively. feral is my main spec for pve with a GS around 5900, but as ive never really done feral in pvp i was wondering if anybody has some pointers as to how to play the comp, and maybe with a spec and glyphs also, because if we would have an easier time as feral rogue in the 2s bracket i would opt to go that route. just wondering what you guys think about it. serious responses only please

TL;DR - "I can't do resto PvP, I wanna go Feral. Tips?"

And on topic, no. I ain't got any advice.

You have to help him out with dmg, a lot.

I would personally use this spec & glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZxGMs...hIuAk0E0z:VcmV
    You will end up using mangle a lot in arena, so glyph of mangle and improved mangle are well spent. Nuturing instict is skipped since you got no healer. I've chosen 5/5 in Furor cause when I need to bear charge (or any other bear move) I want to be sure i get the rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Hrm. I suppose the Rogue would be there more as utility (CC's and such) rather than actual damage. That's where the Feral Drood would come in. While Rogue stunlocks one, the Drood unleashes hell on the second.

Best advice I can muster up just now is stack as much Agi as you can, pop Berserk soon as your mate has started the Stunlocks... Then Pounce, Mangle, Rake, Rip, Mangle, Rake, Ferocious Bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    TL;DR - "I can't do resto PvP, I wanna go Feral. Tips?"

And on topic, no. I ain't got any advice.
    i can pvp resto, and i dont want to go feral, personally i hate feral pvp i have just been hearing/reading that feral in 2s is superior to resto with a rogue. and if you dont have any advice then there is no need for you to post dont waste my time

Deleted
    cc 1 target => sap blind cyclone charge bash
    while you nuke the other enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaire View Post
    i can pvp resto, and i dont want to go feral, personally i hate feral pvp i have just been hearing/reading that feral in 2s is superior to resto with a rogue. and if you dont have any advice then there is no need for you to post dont waste my time
    It would help if you could link your armory page.

i dont claim to be an expert but ive run the comp a little, and i disagree, nurturing instinct is great for healing your rogue, you'll reset pretty frequently after bladestorm disperse bubbles etc. We generally sap plate wearers and double up on the clothy <unless your stacking ArP> and follow sap up with blind/cyclone. After that trinkets/bubbles/bladestorms have usually been popped so we reset heal up and repeat. Hope this helps and good luck. Also, id suggest skipping energy reducing mangle talents, between a rogue and feral your target should be stunlocked most of the fight, so its fairly easy to shred.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaire View Post
    Then dont go feral. I've seen plenty of rogue/restos that just own face. But you havnt posted anything that could help me give you tips on resto, maybe some comps that give you trouble or an armory page?
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I've seen both combos, but Rogue/Feral is alot more popular, and I suppose it's "better" in the end.

I can't help you with much more than tactics agains't DK teams, but I suppose some of it is useful overall.

As Rogue/Resto, you will most likely be able to outlast DK/Druid, and DK/Resto shaman in the end, but against DK/Paladin you might have mana issues in the end. I suggest that you go for a kill on the healer in the start with a sap on the DK, and you blow Blind/Cyclone in to the DK aswell, and try for as much damage onto the healer as possible, if you get big CD's popped (Bubble, and such) you can somewhat easily switch back to the healer later, and have the DK cycloned, and such.

The DK will (most likely) be focussing your rogue the most part of the fight, but he should switch to you, when your not "going for a kill" you should try to stay maxrange, Barkskin if he switches with CD's.

And you should be able to score a kill on a healer by swtiching back on him, with CD's haven been blown earlier.

As Feral/Rogue you need a kill really really quick. If the healer doens't have his back towards a wall, go on him. Sap the DK, Cyclone after, Blind when his close. You need a kill, or a very good reset during this period, so you and your rogue has to work together with stuns and such.

Hope this helps abit.

Rogue/Druid teams work with the druid as any of the 3 specs. You can set up kill situations by first forcing them to use their trinket via cyclones or what ever, and then let your DRs drop. Then let the rogue pool his energy and go all out on which ever one has already used their survivability cooldown (shieldwall, dispersion, bubble). Cyclone the other 3 times, then have the rogue blind. If the kill target still isn't dead, have the rogue vanish and sap the other while you cyclone the kill target. Then both of you finish off the kill target. By the time sap is over you should be able to cyclone the other another 3 times.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

I've played against a feral druid/rogue team in 2's, they were very hard to beat.

Now like all double DPS teams, their ideal way of winning a match is bursting down usually the healer.

I was running disc priest/rogue, what they did was sap my priest, open up they have open up on one of them. Now I would open up on the rogue get a kidney shot off but then get cycloned. Now this is where it goes hectic, what they did was keep me constantly CCed while bursting down my healer. He can't waste any GCDs on me so he is forced to try to live through an immediate burst, so the general idea is to make sure you CCs are constant while bursting as hard as you can, pop everything. Naturally though as a feral druid, you won't do much without berserking on I'm sure.

i can pvp resto, and i dont want to go feral
    If you want to stay Resto, spec IS and assist with dealing damage.

Also make good use of cyclones and roots, when used correctly they can completely change the outcome of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike1123 View Post
    Rogue/Druid teams work with the druid as any of the 3 specs. You can set up kill situations by first forcing them to use their trinket via cyclones or what ever, and then let your DRs drop. Then let the rogue pool his energy and go all out on which ever one has already used their survivability cooldown (shieldwall, dispersion, bubble). Cyclone the other 3 times, then have the rogue blind. If the kill target still isn't dead, have the rogue vanish and sap the other while you cyclone the kill target. Then both of you finish off the kill target. By the time sap is over you should be able to cyclone the other another 3 times.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

running feral / rogue atm, not that easy tbh, but very fun