Thread: Tanking Ahune

Unhappy Tanking Ahune

Hello, Death Knight Tanks!

Is anyone else having trouble tanking Ahune (Holiday Boss) since not just him but all the adds he spawns are frost immune, getting rid of an extremely nice tanking ability, Icy Touch and Frost Fever! I'm currently tanking as blood and found that I can only hold aggro with Death and Decay, and a Pestilence here and there for Blood Plague and spam Blood Boil but that still doesnt help, especially if the group doesnt have high enough DPS to kill Ahune before he resurfaces from his ice core the first time, causing even more adds to spawn which will go for the healer usually. I have successfully defeated him several times but would like to know if there's an easier way to tank him, any tips out there for this guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not much to tank anyway. Drop D&D, whack away with BB & whatever until the chest spawns. Done.

The easiest way to tank Ahune is to not care.

Well, the ONLY thing that is necessary to tank is the large elemental of earth. Sure they can't be frost fever'd but don't worry. Just skip icy touch in your rotation and you should be able to "tank" the large elemental. They only have around 100k health andif you lose aggro it means your group's dps is good enough to where it will die fast anyway. The little adds just blood boil spam with death and decay whenever ya can. They have 18k health and die even faster and hit like wet noodles.

There is nothing to tank.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never had so much fun running around TC'ing everywhere. It just sucks in groups that have 500dps, then they can add up and kill a healer. I tanked a group that took 3 frozen core phases yesterday. Good times.

There really is no reason to tank the Ahune fight. Only thing you need to tank is the earth elemental. The little water elementals don't survive for very long. There really is no point in having a tank it seems.

I just tell people to nuke Ahune after the rock thing is down, I offtank and kill those small ones on my own.

15+ Year Old Account
    THere's already another thread about this, even though it's not about tanking specifically it servers the same purpose.

Last Post!