Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish a midget from blizzard in a black and blue blizzard t-shirt would come out of Blizzard HQ and say

"Yeah we extended maintenance the fuck you gonna do about it? Nothing that's what."

What can we do Mr.Blizzard employee? You're right, nothing, there is nothing we can do about it. It's just maintenance and a little sunshine can do wonders for a lot of ya'll.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Is this your first patch deployment experience? It happens every time. IMO, Blizzard should just say "ok we're going to take the entire day", and then they can surprise everyone by bringing it up earlier than what they said. Instead they always do this pushing back crap which makes it look bad.

Not that I care, since I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post

Barley any servers are online now and we probably won't run icc this week...

GOD!
    You only can run ICC on one day a week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Books. I heard of em. Melville is propping up me computer desk as we speak. Call me Ishmael... now get my server up as I be needing some Heroic Gunship.

CHAPTER 1

Loomings

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me....
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what I did? Saw that wow was down, went (Yes this is a direct quote) AWW SHUCKZ, then proceeded to take a nice hot shower, talk to a friend on the phone for a bit, then play some blazblue.

And I worked all day in the nasty sun and dirt ;_; (Stepped on a pigeon corpse today, was eh oh el).

CHILL BRO CHILL

10+ Year Old Account
    norway, no more spesific for guyes but girls just send me a message ;D
    stop complaining and get a life besides sitting at the computer, yes wow is a game and you should be able to do something else for the time the game is down

You cannot fathom the immensity of the f*** I do not give.

In thread we have 1 of 2 things

A)

or....

B)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Better to be pissed off than pissed on!!

No but really, this always happens. Get used to it.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cellozin View Post
    cry moarrrrr ... get something to do in RL instead of crying cause ur favorite vide game is taking longer than u expected to be avaliable again...
    Or play your favorite video game while you wait, wow isnt my favorite i went and started to play legend on zelda and actually cheered at the fact realms were extended which meant i could play the game longer without having to go to raid.

I got tons of laundry done. As far as missing WoW, I was totally Meh about it.

As a former Multimedia and network engineer who's consulted on enterprises spanning continents (largest private military network on the planet, for one) and created a new thing, it just becomes this professional irk.

There are some really pro people working at Blizzard. They know their stuff, I know they do.

Which is why this 5 year track record is just so... unacceptable. I don't even care why anymore. They're better than their track record, there are MANY ways to DO better, those of us who've worked on BIGGER and more complicated installations know this and ultimately, either the entire crew is being completely dicked with no testing resources whatsoever... or they don't take testing seriously and just plug patches in and hope for the best.

Like I said, I got laundry done. Didn't have to rage at all. My guild likely won't be raiding tonight, but that's fine... more laundry will get done. I'll watch a movie or something. Every day that passes, I'm less attached to this game as it is.

It's no different than when my ISP would take down my subnet without emailing me for a scheduled maintenance... like it was too complicated or too hard to do.

For those QQing about play time, I would agree that life balance is more important. Look up Skinner Box. WoW is a GIANT freaking Skinner Box.

Still bugs me as a retired professional on a professional level that after 5 years they can't get this right.

your xbox could be being used by someone else too, so it could be worse.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

You know what would be even worse?

If we had to pay 15 bucks a month too.

:P

Well. This is why I'm glad I'm in a guild that raids weekends. :P

This happens every time there is a patch, I can't believe people still expect it not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post
    At first I was like "Oh it's just regular maintinence. Oh hey 3.3.5 came out!"
    Then they extended it to 1pm PDT. "Eh, no big deal..."
    Then extended to 3pm PDT. "Mother fuckers..."
    THEN AGAIN EXTENDED TO 4PM PDT. "OMGWTFBBQ"
    THEN HOLYSHITWTF EXTENDED TO 5PM PDT. "OH GOD I'M MISSING ICC NOW!!!"
    Then I was all cool because they fixed the problems!
    BUT THEN THEY CROSSED THE LINE...
    Barley any servers are online now and we probably won't run icc this week...
    And now I have to wait another 2 hours or so to do about nothing on WoW and I probably won't get compensated for waiting so long. If they do compensate they'll give us MAYBE an hour of play time.

GOD!
    Your tears sustain me
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    And Malchezzar goes: "You face not Malchezzar alone, but the legions I command."

But Rhonin was all: "That's cool, Bro. I'll kick ur azz in front of all ur doods."

And he did.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Hi, Reallly Pissed Off. I'm Don't Give a Shit. I hope we'll be the bestest of friends.
    hahaha good one