Thread: Quartz Question

Quartz Question

I recently updated Quartz from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and a change is now bugging me.
    For my cast bar texture I use the Rocks texture. Before, as you cast a spell or channel a spell, the Cast bar would move, unveiling the texture design.
    Now, with updated Quartz, as you cast/channel a spell, the texture design spreads across the cast bar. Like, the entire image is there right at the beginning and spreads out as you cast; Whereas before the image would reveal itself as you casted. Hes some screenshots to try to show you what I mean.

3.0.3 (BAD) http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/v...atek/WTF-1.jpg
    3.0.2 (GOOD) http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/v...rentUIScrn.jpg

Now, I deleted Quartz and reinstalled 3.0.2 and previous versions, but they're all the same.
    Is there an option I can change this or install a different version or am I screwed?
    Last edited by Syatek; 2010-06-23 at 05:02 AM.

You can configure quartz to look however you want it to. For me, my cast bar is just a solid darkish green bar with no text or icons at all. Look in the interface, it's really customizable.
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

nice that you included your mates email in the first screenshot, wonder hoe many cross realm whispers he's gonna get when the new feature comes up, or how much junk he's gonna be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho View Post
    You can configure quartz to look however you want it to. For me, my cast bar is just a solid darkish green bar with no text or icons at all. Look in the interface, it's really customizable.
    I know and Ive been looking for like an hour now and cant find it so I came here

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    nice that you included your mates email in the first screenshot, wonder hoe many cross realm whispers he's gonna get when the new feature comes up, or how much junk he's gonna be sent.
    haha was just about to post the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    haha was just about to post the same thing
    omg okay my bad i fixed it
    now, can someone please answer the question? >.>

im not really sure but maybe if u delete quartz and ur saved variables then reinstall quarts ...i would wait before trying this tho see if anyone esle knows

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug from Blizzard's side. Just downgrade again and use quartz 3.0.2 until it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I would just dig deep into the options and see if anything sounds remotely like what you're looking for. Sorry I can't be of more help though =/

Got a question though but you don't have to answer >.> Why is that guy mad at you and saying you have his money? Thought it was kinda weird yet funny.
    Lol hes my RL friend and i was using his account and stole all his gold ^_^;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek View Post
    Lol hes my RL friend and i was using his account and stole all his gold ^_^;
    Good man.

Personally I would prefer a flat, or at most a gradient texture.
    But everyone to themselves.

Deleted
    I had the same problem and googled it and found a solution on the official forums if i remember right, you have to modify 2 lines in the .toc file of the addon.
    Deleting all the files including the word "quartz" in them from the WTF folder and then installing an older version surely works too