Thread: BOA gear

BOA gear

Hi
    just wondering if everyone that used BOA gear used it all the way to 80

Quote Originally Posted by gutful View Post
    Hi
    just wondering if everyone that used BOA gear used it all the way to 80
    Yes. Absolutely, I'd replace them with epics.

yup, on 3 of my characters, i even started heroics with BoA 'til i could buy some T9, the stats are good, not to mention the 21% xp bonus

Quote Originally Posted by courgette View Post
    21% xp bonus
    21% ?!

Isn't that the point with BOA gear, to use them until you reach level 80?

Thx just was checking to see if I needed to use gold on gear or wait
    thx again

1000exp+10%=1100exp+10%=1210exp
    that's obviously how it works.
    also 1210exp+5%=1271exp. so with the 5% ring you get 27,1% more exp. and if you now add the fire festival buff too...
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-06-23 at 08:58 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I only ever swap out the shoulders if I'm tanking on plate for the nexus ones if the healer can't handle it.. which suck big don I have to say.

Gief tanking BOA blizz plox. They have done alot to encourage ppl to lvl tanks recently this is the only let down at high 75-9. Prob not a big deal for them but dam I miss that 10%...

Oh wait ribbon dance!!!! Here I come!

yeah, you put on 1 BoA, you get 110% and then you got 10% more = 121%

so now with this midsummer festival you can get 33,1% xp instead of 30%? thats win

Last I checked 10 + 10 = 20, but if there's some set bonus or something I'm missing that may make up for the 1%.

OT: I most definitely used the BOA's all the way to 80. Doesn't make sense to lose out on all that extra XP for free. I read somewhere that using even 1 of the Xp BOA's makes it so its like starting at level 40 or 45. By the time I hit 80 I had enough triumph badges from the daily randoms to immediately swap for my t9 232 shoulders. On top of that I had the 245 wrists and chest crafted immediately so I went in my first heroic with a fair amount of purples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

big changes it works like this : xp earned x ( 1 +(xp bonus + bonus + bonus ))
    1000 x ( 1 + ( 0,10 + 0,10 + 0,5 )) = 1000 x 1,25 = 1250 xp

hum, probably, but i'm playing age of conan at the moment (boooooo ) is there any new BoA with midsummer festival ? or an xp boost of some sort ?
    if you can get another 10% and nothing says that it doesn't scale or something, you get 133.1%

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have done something diff. I used BoA's till 60 at 60 i ran bwl, aq 40 and ther 60's epics are superior in stats to the BoA's even the HW Weapons you pick up with honor has more dps. Personally the exp loss is trivial if you grind dungeons/bg's so I like to roll with better gear and do 3x-4x the damage people wearing boa's. the 60's epic will last you till 64-66 and then your boa may or may not be better. at 70 BT and SUnwell epics are agian better than boa's that will last till 74-77 the weapons particularly last alsmo till 80. The reason why epics are better is obvious boa= blue purple > blue. So if you tpye ofperson wehre seeing big numbers makes you happy 60'70s raid epics are > boa's

Quote Originally Posted by courgette View Post
    yeah, you put on 1 BoA, you get 110% and then you got 10% more = 121%
    Definitely doesn't work that way for BoAs. Might work that way with other sources (i,e, EXP= Base*(boa)*(buffs)) but definitely not for BoAs. Easy to test. Check quest log without items on. Check questlog with items on. It'll be 1.2X higher, not 1.21.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Definitely doesn't work that way for BoAs. Might work that way with other sources (i,e, EXP= Base*(boa)*(buffs)) but definitely not for BoAs. Easy to test. Check quest log without items on. Check questlog with items on. It'll be 1.2X higher, not 1.21.
    This. Disregard everyone who's said it's 21% with Chest and shoulders, as it is not. It's 20%. All xp boosting items are added together before being multiplied with the normal xp, therefore normal xp is multiplied by 1.2 and not 1.21.

10+ Year Old Account
    heriloms got dropped for lvl60epics, never used them again.

Basically they are similar to having a blue item that requires you current level, use them all the way up to 80 unless you specifically require tanking gear as someone else has said.
    The trinkets you may or may not want to use depending on your needs
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by towolie View Post
    big changes it works like this : xp earned x ( 1 +(xp bonus + bonus + bonus ))
    1000 x ( 1 + ( 0,10 + 0,10 + 0,5 )) = 1000 x 1,25 = 1250 xp
    This is right! I've tested it with taking the BoA off and putting back on with 1 piece no piece and 2 pieces.

Shadosta - 85 / Rain (Alt) - 85/ Cøach (Retired) - 85 /Justicar (Alt) - 64

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Well I have done something diff. I used BoA's till 60 at 60 i ran bwl, aq 40 and ther 60's epics are superior in stats to the BoA's even the HW Weapons you pick up with honor has more dps. Personally the exp loss is trivial if you grind dungeons/bg's so I like to roll with better gear and do 3x-4x the damage people wearing boa's. the 60's epic will last you till 64-66 and then your boa may or may not be better. at 70 BT and SUnwell epics are agian better than boa's that will last till 74-77 the weapons particularly last alsmo till 80. The reason why epics are better is obvious boa= blue purple > blue. So if you tpye ofperson wehre seeing big numbers makes you happy 60'70s raid epics are > boa's
    There's an ilvl jump as soon as you hit 58, and then 68. The BOAs scale to the level of an equivalent blue-quality dungeon drop. That means your BOAs will surpass MC gear at level 60 and AQ40 gear by level 64. There is no reason to unequip the shoulder and chest with the exp bonus at any point during leveling.

The blue loot from the dungeon bags, however, scales in a linear fashion and falls behind green quest rewards.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81