Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do i manage to get Fury > arms

i have posted this topic because i simply cant get my fury spec to work better then my arm as it should be.
    many have told me fury was 90% of times better than arms, but anytime i do switch fury it just doesnt work as well as arm.

finnaly i got 2 251 item level weponds, my armory link in fury : u can search on my armory , Karahân, dunemaul, EU.

ull prbly notice i have some missgemmed str. but that shouldnt do much different since it affect both arm as the fury spec in dps.

usualy my dps in arm is 5000-6000 on a single target, while fury is 5k sustainable on single target.
    when i go more than 1 target fury always outdps arms.

but as moth of the bosses in icc are single targets, then whats the matter for fury if arm does more dmg in single target, aswell in arm u got bladestorm for short moment for multitargets...

my rotaion in fury are like this:

Bloodthirst.
    WW
    always on cd.
    Slam always when its rdy.
    heroic strike on 50rage +. on some bosses with dmg aoe i usually spam thsi cus im rage feeded to max the hole fight.

and i activate, deathwishm recklessness, my haste on hands, and my trinkets when ever they are off cd.

... still it doesnt work and with my 2 new wepond i haven succeded doing more dmg than arm.

can anyone plz tell me if im doing something wrong or advice me to make Fury beat arm.

Your rotation is off.
    Wrong Ashen Verdict ring.
    PVP gear.
    Gathering profession.
    Way over hit cap.
    Way over exp cap.
    No T10 set bonus.
    Bad spec/glyph.

L2 Elitst Jerks or reroll DK.

you have a bit of a bad starters position. very low arp from gear.
    But what would help alot is to get the Dexterous Brightstone Ring and Banner of Victory. That will get you to 52% ArP wich will be perfect to use with the NES-trinket and you'll get the soft ArP cap.
    You can also craft Titanium Spikeguards and socket it with a Str gem and also replace one other ArP gem with Str.
    This is a fairly cheep trick to get you on track with your gear.

Next step is to get moar gear with arp on it.

EDIT:

Regarding the specc and Glyph's that is correct what Eoryl said. remove all things that has anything to do with execute. You are not supposed to use it, not even below 20%. Just perhaps as a filler. Use HS glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoryl View Post
    Your rotation is off.
    Wrong Ashen Verdict ring.
    PVP gear.
    Gathering profession.
    Way over hit cap.
    Way over exp cap.
    No T10 set bonus.
    Bad spec/glyph.

L2 Elitst Jerks or reroll DK.
    If you read between the lines, Eoryl, this guy probably PvP mainly and therefore the Str Ashen ring is better.
    The gathering proffession, sure it would be better with BS and JC for a warrior, but Mining works just fine for me, no one tells me to change it.

Can you be more unconstructive?
    Last edited by ägaren; 2010-06-23 at 08:48 PM.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy /Douglas Adams

Th for the replys, now i do not understand why u say my ashwn verdic ring is worn, cus its the str one anyway...

i would like to now more about the rorations since Eoryl says its uncorrect.
    and also were the dps should be so i can compare it when im going 25/10man raids.

i do appreciate ur comments and tyvm.

god i hope English isn't your native language

Fury uses agility gear and leather as well. The Agility Ashen Verdict ring is what you want. Just from that alone, you need to know more about your class then we can tell you hear. Start reading up.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

10+ Year Old Account
    BT>WW>FREE>BT>FREE>FREE

Only use Slam in those FREE GCD's never during one of the others.
    You can use slam in that first GCD assuming you use it immediately after WW. If it procs after using WW even 0.2s after don't use it, save it for the 2nd FREE GCD.
    Your perfect rotation would look like this

BT>WW>SLAM>BT>SLAM>SLAM

but it is very unlikely you will get a set up like this more than once a fight due to the lowish proc chance of bloodsurge.

AGI Ashen ring is better dps than the STR one ~80dps better in high end gear, If you are pvp'ing a lot and never pvE much then you can stick with the str one as the extra stam is usefull to pvp'ers and Resilience reducing crit damage lowers the worth of the extra crit on the agi one.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ecial&group=1p
    My spec is pretty much the best spec atm in ICC 25. If you are the only warrior in the raid then it is better to drop the points in (heroic fury,imp execute & piercing howl) to take 5/5 commanding presence for the extra hp for the raid. If how ever that buff is covered then the Utility of Piercing howl and Heroic Fury are amazing to have.

Glyphs - again mine are the cookie cutter ones though you can swap out Cleaving for Rending on single target fights, but rending is small dps increase if done well and a big dps loss if done badly so try to master stance dancing without causing extra gcd's before trying to use rend.

Fury stat prio: Expertise(214 rating/26/6.5%) > Hit (164 rating 5%) > Arp (1400rating 100%) > STR > CRIT > HASTE

Gear with crit/arp is ideal and if you can choose between a leather piece with Crit/arp or a str peice with CRit/haste the leather one is far superior, even mail gear will be superior if it has the idea secondary stats you need.

JC/engineering is the best dps combo of professions for fury. JC/BS is very very close almost negilible but I personally feel the rocketboots make engineering far far superior if we factor in the dps uptime gained from them on movement fights.

Fury sucks so hard in pvp I cant even describe it. Make sure to stay arms for pvp fury will make you want to smash your keyboard and Delete the character after 2 BG's.
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-06-23 at 09:38 PM.

Ty Devlin1991 for ur reply. it helps me alot. and i wanna follow ur advises and see were it leeds me in raids .

Yes ur right Fury PvP completly sux, i tryet it aswell when i first got my new 2h, i do not recommend fury pvp at all.

Btw Noogie u spell here not as Hear, i think u should practise a litle bid on the english aswell

tyvm devil1991.

arms>fury cuz its more fun, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karahan View Post
    Ty Devlin1991 for ur reply. it helps me alot. and i wanna follow ur advises and see were it leeds me in raids .

Yes ur right Fury PvP completly sux, i tryet it aswell when i first got my new 2h, i do not recommend fury pvp at all.

Btw Noogie u spell here not as Hear, i think u should practise a litle bid on the english aswell

tyvm devil1991.
    Np, but dont Pull users up for Grammer mistakes.

There they're their
    your you're

etc Its against forum rules to grammer natzi others.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    grammer natzi
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Although alot of people would tell you that fury is better, if you like Arms play Arms, at the level you play at(judging by your gear) it doesn't really matter much. Play what is fun for you. And of course fix your gear the way the other posters told you to. :P

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by noogie View Post
    god i hope English isn't your native language

Fury uses agility gear and leather as well. The Agility Ashen Verdict ring is what you want. Just from that alone, you need to know more about your class then we can tell you hear. Start reading up.
    since when is agi better then str for fury?

Pure stat isn't. Str ring has more stamina.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkarage View Post
    since when is agi better then str for fury?
    Agi itself isn't better. The fact that Agi gear has more 'bonus' stats (3) on it than Str gear (2) is what makes it better in some cases. This isn't new, as this has existed for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by zerf View Post
    Pure stat isn't. Str ring has more stamina.
    so it's a tanking ring?

maxdps says the str one is better? so does blizzard and so does intuition
    Last edited by rakkarage; 2010-06-24 at 10:17 PM.

I love it when grammar nazis fail on correcting others. I bet noogie doesn't post on this thread again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Don't use maxdps Use landsoul's spreadsheet or at least rawr

Str items generally have more stamina on them and since item budget is limited - less stat points for dps left.

there wasn't even a str ring at first? why would they add one that is worse then the existing one? that no one would (should) use? bug? design problem?

Because it's better for death knights who gain sfa from agility.

Also anyone who uses maxdps.com should be dragged behind the chemical sheds and shot.

The crit u gain on Agil ring is > the AP u lose with from strength.