Help my guild warrior!

Hey everyone,

I have a couple of warriors in my guild. Gear is close, but one is out dpsing the other by quite alot. I don't know enough about warriors to comment.

Take heroic deathbringer last night. One managed to do 93 heroic strikes, the other only 77. Whats the major cause of failing to do those? Any tips I can give him to get them closer together?

Higher dps warrior:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5449&e=5656
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...maul&cn=Crazey

Lower dps warrior:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5449&e=5656
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Natestank

Ah crap, the higher dps warrior is in pvp gear.... They are very close tho. Both arp capped. Both shadows edge + either the 264 heroic axe from 10man deathbringer (lower dps guy) or the 271 sword from normal 25 lk (higher dps guy).

Anything wrong in the logs that you can see?

Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 11:54 PM ----------

Might have found something. The lower dps warrior doesn't have anger management nor have the 3/5 unbridled wrath like the higher dps one does.

Thats a mistake right? He should be getting those?

yes he needs to spec into those,
    But the difference in heroic strikes and the dps difference could just be something simple as lag, or one uses a macro and the other doesn't or ones slow at button clicking..... could be a number of things, just saying if your on heroic deathbringer your fine and the dps should not really matter.

Had a tank issue last night which caused as to have 2 or 3 wipes at it, normally we one shot it. So yes, overall dps is fine. However, still doesn't mean everyone's dps can't get better .

Ok, I'll get him to spec into them. Thanks.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay From what i can see the 2nd warrior NAtestank has a good spec he has specced into his buffs the first one on the other hand Crazey has speced into useless pvp talents for Fury Piercing howl + Enrage = Useless because for Enrage to actually do anything u need to be taking a critical strike and if hes taking a critical strike for a boss hes as good as dead so its pointless but other then that the one with the sword has some haste where as the other doesnt.... but id say it could also be lag or skill

Have Crazey spec out of Rampage and Anger Management, and put it into Improved Berserker Rage. In addition, spec out of enrage, and put it into Improved Execute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Interesting, crazey is the one doing higher dps than nate, and yet more things are suggested to be changed on his spec.

As for the piecing howl, that would be due to the beasts on saurfang, however its redundant now. Nate does have the buff, but they arent getting used. We have enough pallys and a warrior tank to cover comanding shout + improved might.

I didn't even look at DPS.

A mistake in spec/gearing is a mistake in spec/gearing regardless of the DPS he's pulling.

2/5 enrage is useless < 1/2 Imp Execute.
    1/1 Peircing howl is fine, and sometimes mandatory.
    Rampage is useless if the other warrior is present 100% of the time.
    Anger Management is useless < 2/2 Imp Zerker Rage allows for rending (or for the less industrious) pre-fight rage-stacking, and another "oops" rage starve fix.

I just noticed Crazey has the Rocket gloves, he needs to be using the hyperspeed enchant instead.
    Last edited by Kysimir; 2010-06-24 at 01:27 AM.

"I don't know enough about warriors to comment."

Then don't. They are both high end players capable of working out their own toons.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    "I don't know enough about warriors to comment."

Then don't. They are both high end players capable of working out their own toons.
    Helpful.

They have been asking me what they can do to get up. They dont understand why they aren't doing as much as the other.
    Last edited by Izzyotta; 2010-06-24 at 01:20 AM.

Yep, thats one thing I did know about. He said on vent last night after that fight they he forgot to change it. Thats been changed already AFAIK.

I wish I could take a look at Crazey's PvE gear, but you say they are about the same. It looks like Crazey timed his CD better then Natestank. If Natestank had used Deathwish while Strength of Taunka was up he would have head a very nice boost in DPS...but he didn't, he either forgot or lagged.

Natestank needs to be more aware of his procs and time his abilities better.

All I will say about Crazey's spec is that it is very...questionable. Also not going to say anything about two Fury Warriors with Rampage...if one should happen to die least you have a spare

Quote Originally Posted by Gl@ssCannon View Post
    I wish I could take a look at Crazey's PvE gear, but you say they are about the same. It looks like Crazey timed his CD better then Natestank. If Natestank had used Deathwish while Strength of Taunka was up he would have head a very nice boost in DPS...but he didn't, he either forgot or lagged.
    That's ideal, yes. However, it's usually better to DW at start and during hero, than holding out hoping for a Taunka proc

They used their bloodlust at the start. I have a pretty good sense on my trinkets / enchants internal cd's so I know when they will likely be back up hell there is even an addon that does that for you. Not saying hold out just dont use DW right when it is off cooldown and you got no other proc's up...you may end up missing some awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl@ssCannon View Post
    They used their bloodlust at the start. I have a pretty good sense on my trinkets / enchants internal cd's so I know when they will likely be back up hell there is even an addon that does that for you. Not saying hold out just dont use DW right when it is off cooldown and you got no other proc's up...you may end up missing some awesome damage.
    Oh, I misread you then.

Yeah, I agree.

warr #2 if he replaces a 34 arp gem with a 20 arp gem and gets a 34 str gem, he will be 1 point under the hardcap, which he can get when he upgrades to 277 chest/shoulders/helm
    cant say to much about warr #1 cause hes in pvp gear like you said
    other than that it seems like a player issue, or warr#2 is using up gcd's for howl and #1 isnt
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    warr #2 if he replaces a 34 arp gem with a 20 arp gem and gets a 34 str gem, he will be 1 point under the hardcap, which he can get when he upgrades to 277 chest/shoulders/helm
    cant say to much about warr #1 cause hes in pvp gear like you said
    other than that it seems like a player issue, or warr#2 is using up gcd's for howl and #1 isnt
    May want to rule that out. Demo. Shout wasn't used by either warrior neither was piercing howl(why spec into it if you are not going to use it?)
    Yes, it is definitely a player issue.
    Last edited by Gl@ssCannon; 2010-06-24 at 02:23 AM. Reason: revised

Well, I see the higher DPS warrior has a heroic 25m mace, aka 325 dps, while the lower dps warrior only has a normal 25m quality weapon at 294 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    Well, I see the higher DPS warrior has a heroic 25m mace, aka 325 dps, while the lower dps warrior only has a normal 25m quality weapon at 294 dps.
    He didn't at the time of the logs.