Thread: New Hero Class

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by azrielen View Post
    Obviously it's massively unlikely to happen. In fact just today I think a Blue made a post about no new classes for a while. Haha

However, in a world where it could happen, I'd like to see a melee-style healer class. Someone who actually has to do damage in order to heal. Other games have classes like this, and I like the concept.

Maybe something like a Monk or Rune Priest or some such.

I have no idea how that could be balanced or implemented, but I think it'd make for an interesting healer style.
    There is already a class able to hit and heal at the same time, Blood dks, but i see your point. But such a class that gets heal when they hit would have to be a tank, because a dps would be to overpowered for pvp.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trolle-Os View Post
    I say this on every new class topic and will say it again, hero class means NOTHING. It is a way of making a basic new class seem better than other classes to make u want to play it. ZOMG HERO CLASS MUST BE LIEK STRONGER DAN NORMAL LIEK CLASS! Do you think blizzard is going to make a class overpowered deliberately? Who would play any class other than the overpowered class then? Your an idiot for believing the title hero class means something, u can say well they were strong in the beginning of wotlk. You know what? they got nerfed to shit again later on. Stop with the hero class shit. its pointless.
    Sorry for trying to have fun with the forums and trying to create a way for players to express their ideas. There is no need for insulting, if you dont like the thread, just leave or dont reply, but i dont see why insulting people proves your point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    I understand what you mean, like a class that works by reducing the other players, armor or making him more vulnerable but with no damaging abilities. Only problem is, how will he level? My guess if that such a class were to exist, it would have to be a melee class so he can hit people to do damage.
    Exactly. In other games, these classes are leveled by other players. This won't happen in wow because people will just get bored even though the class itself will be very powerful once fully leveled up.

Me and my brother brainstormed a class last winter, it was a blood mage by name but that was a placeholder.

The mechanics involved resource replenishment/depletion for friend/foes respectively. You could drain the resource of foes and block them regaining it for a bit, and as you do this build charges up to set amount (like filling 3 or so floating crystals around your head) and then use that energy to replenish resources of party or raid.

Of course damage would there as well, most spells would have both components but you could specialize in dps, replenishment, or healing. Allowing you to go dps w/ some replen, healing with some replen or focus on the replen to some unique benefit and splash in the other trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    There is already a class able to hit and heal at the same time, Blood dks, but i see your point. But such a class that gets heal when they hit would have to be a tank, because a dps would be to overpowered for pvp.
    I think you're missing the point.

Blood DK isn't a healer. He's talking about a class which melees and heals others.

Sorry to offend you, but this topic has been seen at least once a day, and it gets the same ideas, and the same trolls, and the same everything, your not bringing anything new to the table which you think you are doing. I said it once and will say it again, hero class means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I think you're missing the point.

Blood DK isn't a healer. He's talking about a class which melees and heals others.
    Oh yeah that sounds kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next hero class will be Imperial Agent!

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    Healing and tanking only class. Like pala without ret. Tanks and healers more highly represented? Yes please!

We had that, it was called paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    Healing and tanking only class. Like pala without ret. Tanks and healers more highly represented? Yes please!
    This.. I would love a pure healer class that only has healing spells, I heal because I enjoy healing, and I would sacrafice dmg spells to be a more powerfull healer. And yeah a pure tank class would be pretty sweet, although im unsure of how to go about it. As far as u wanting a caster hero class, a good druid is pretty unstopable in the right gear.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Spirit walker. specializing in damage reduction, absorption, and redirection. In the same way that death knights can be seen as a combination of warlocks and warriors, the Spirit Walker would be an amalgam of shamans and priests.
    The Emerald dream and nightmare have still been completely untouched save one quest in wow. Its possible it could still be a very big part of the world when implamented, so timing the classes release for that moment makes sense.

Maybe two healing trees and one dps tree. The first focusing on the more unique ways it could heal. Splitting damage among raid members, casting absorption spells, reflecting damage. The second tree being more about big fat direct healing. The third tree could be similar to elemental or balance, any combination of direct damage, dots and debuffs, or even summoned allies. The dream has its own unique ecology.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trolle-Os View Post
    Sorry to offend you, but this topic has been seen at least once a day, and it gets the same ideas, and the same trolls, and the same everything, your not bringing anything new to the table which you think you are doing. I said it once and will say it again, hero class means nothing.
    Yea well, your post added nothing to this. It's a forum used for exchanging ideas and for communication. Seems like it's working as intended.

If you don't like a particular topic, don't open it. Don't be a forum junkie.

Blizzard has stated that they will not release anymore "hero classes".
    When did they say that and where is the blue post

Here's my crazy idea or a new hero class.. it should be something abstract.. that isn't competing with current classes too much but is fun to play. I know it sounds dumb but.. remember those little goblin bombing dudes from wc3? you could make a sort of technician class.. That has spells revolved around a sort of class based engineering.. like rogues poisons.. I like the idea of a technician being able to build small walls to tank with.. throw bombs.. I don't know.. I just think its a better idea than brewmaster.. otherwise I'd like to see monks make a debut.. you could make them melee, unarmed leather wearers.. you see them in game at least... but they would be too close to a couple of other classes.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    When did they say that and where is the blue post
    We will not be releasing anymore "hero classes".

- Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    We will not be releasing anymore "hero classes".

- Blizzard
    hmm thi is great news if they will not be adding anymore then panderan and naga for the maelstrom expansion after cata is highly likely now jumps for joy

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I think it should be a healing class that can also DPS (at the same time) with mass aoe heals (bettr than druids crap spells)

Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf View Post
    I doubt there will be a new Hero Class, incorperating an entire new class to the game is a huge task, as blizzard found out. Other than that I cant think of anything.
    Blizzard stated that they'd like to add another Hero Class, if not--another few classes.