Thread: Real-ID save?

Real-ID save?

Im using an unique emailadres for my bnet account, I don't use it for anything else and haven't shared it with any of my rl friends. But still I got a couple of invites, what do you guys think?

I think Blizzard should be less concerned with retrofitting a severely diminished Facebook into their game, because nobody asked for it in the first place.

I also think they should fix the chat windows they broke.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ View Post
    I think Blizzard should be less concerned with retrofitting a severely diminished Facebook into their game, because nobody asked for it in the first place.

I happen to enjoy that severely diminished facebook, and theres nothing wrong with the chat... then again i use chatter so maybe that's covering up the broken default chat window?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I use Prat myself, but I turned it off because chat addons are temporarily broken.

I'm talking about the huge gap at the bottom of the default chat windows. I understand it has something to do with this "toast" thing, or whatever, but it makes it impossible to drag the windows against the bottom edge of the screen.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ View Post

I agree Real ID wasn't needed as for the chat window you can change it in your interface options.

I really wish you could remove that box to the top left of the chatbox that says how many real id friends you have online, its annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by majinbuu1023 View Post
    I really wish you could remove that box to the top left of the chatbox that says how many real id friends you have online, its annoying as hell.
    No friends, eh? Sorry I had to.

I like this. I have friends that stayed behind when i server transferred. I have college friends on other servers, its nice to still be able to stay connected with them even though we are all on separate servers. So I think it is a good change, as for the facebook thing, I'm indifferent.

What im trying to say is, you can only invite friends of whom you know their emailadress am I right? so how can I get invites from random ppl? They must know my bnet emailadress/loginname in order to send me an invite. I have an authenticator so that must be holding them back from hacking my account.

Theres a place to check mutual friends of your friends. That would be my guess as to where they are getting it. If not and that many people got your email they asked someone you gave it to most likely.

I agree with Lyeranth though. The realid saves me all sorts of room on my friends list since many friends have 5+ toons and I know plenty of people on other servers I used to chat with on Steam but the overlay is sometimes tedious to deal with while raiding and such. Any issues I had with the window were solved by chatter so /meh there and you can turn off the toast messages and all notifications from realid battle.net stuff so just get rid of it if you don't like it. I will never need a status but that is just cause I won't need it I am sure it will be useful to some.

Quote Originally Posted by thedom View Post
    Theres a place to check mutual friends of your friends.
    Where can I find this option? (can't try to figure this out myself at work atm)