Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The lack of common sense on this thread is outstanding.
    common sense is not common. in due time, things will be back to what they are now, if not worse.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
    why do all the ''hardcore guys'' keep whining about them being special
    Same reason why anyone else whines. B/C they can. Just like people who play 2 hrs a week think they should get gear at the same rate as guilds like paragon. Or why people who ran 10 mans think they have to run 25's to complete 10's. People will always complain about w/e they can and occasionally find something to happy with.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    seems perfectly fine for me i like it that i don´t have to gear up alts for months just to be ready to raid,that´s how blizzard sees it aswell as the majority of the wow population. and epics are epic, even today, some people are just dumb as hell and think ilvl232=ilvl271
    agreed. not to mention the only reason why they made the previous tier easy to get is to get people geared for current raid content and not force the rest of the guild to go way back into naxx, then uld... etc etc. I know I've posted something like this before...

But back in TBC we were running 25 runs just fine. Then while BT/MT Hyjal came out main tank had RL issues w/ family and a great healer had to take a break b/c his dad died. Imagine our guild trying to find a geared replacement? It's a pain in the @$$ to find someone back then who's at least got the gear to do well, let alone skill. Now at least with today's system you can trial people and see how well they do b/c they at least have the potential to perform well.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Jektar; 2010-06-24 at 01:39 PM.

Yep, stratholme the 5 man dungeon, Scholomance the 5 man dungeon BOTH raids.
    I am more than a fish, I am more than a man! I am...Some sort of cat, cuddlier than men, and they friggin EAT fish!

The epics rain was a bit over the top nowdays.
    Look at Marrowgar, downed by an ilevel 232 group.
    VoA top tier drops, badge gear, crafted gear - you didnt even have to enter ICC to get near full ICC ilevel gear.

Not sure the Blue post knows what he is talking about, but it gives hope that there will not be jumping to latest raid from dinging 80 straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    badge gear will still net epic loots, so at the end game I think we will see people in full epics. I think blizzard wants to address the fact that currently in the game there are more epic quality pieces of gear than any other quality for this expansion and that number is pure pve content. I hope the consequence of giving epic gear a better feel will remove those under budget epic items that seem to always pop up.

This thread just saddens me by how much people give a shit about the Item colour and have no idea why the fuck it's in place.

A blue ilvl200 item is worse than a purple ilvl200 item because purple items are alotted more stat points than blues. I personally would love to change all Item colours to white and watch all you little ep-een fondling sicophants mumble around and whine.

Deleted
    that would be nice, but we'll see how it turns out

No they wont be epic again - as long as you can easly skip tiers like you do in wotlk (and to some extent TBC).
    The longer the expac will last the less epic, epics will be.
    And I highly doubt it wont be as it is now - "great another tier gear...".
    Every instance/heroic is and will be shitting with epax.
    I dont trust this statement at all and think theyll fail - but hope Ill be surprised of being wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an epeen whore, but I liked when I saw a rogue (my main) from one of the better guilds on my server with an epic or two. Made me want to get them as well. In LK, which I liked a lot btw, I was geared almost as well as the top rogues from day 1 in ICC and remained the top geared alliance rogue even after 2 guilds had downed LK before our guild. Not just score, but the good stuff... ya know?

I'm a better than average player, raid 3-4 nights 2-3 hours a night... not hardcore... I shouldn't have better gear then people that raid their asses off and progress farther and faster.

Really looking forward to this, if they can pull it off. Loot needs balance.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

I have a 80 Mage, Shaman and Druid already and leveled a DK just for the sake of gearing up. I love to obtain new items and work through instances and quest to get better gear.
    When i hit 80 it was all like "farm heroics, raid the vendor, done". And in the end every 80 had the same level of gear. There was nothing more to obtain, just farm ICC to exchange an epic with another epic. Boring, really.

I would love to see to have more to achieve in Cata again. To open Atlas loot to see that shiny epic i would love to get because the stats on it just rock like hell. And when i finally get it, it will be so awesome to exchange that blue with that epic piece of gear... I am a bit idealistic but hopefully bliz holds the promise from the post it will be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Originally Posted by Ancilorn
    Well, hopefully this comes as good news. We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.

This is further proof that not everything Deathwing does is entirely a bad thing. =) (Source)
    There you go
    w00t
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railguns View Post
    It still isn't as epic when everyone else has it...and if everyone else don't have it, it means they aren't able to raid which is half the endgame content, and they wouldn't want anyone left out....so not sure what this accomplishes. Doesn't matter regardless, epic/rarity is about as useful as gearscore.
    And this is where you are wrong.

Epic items have more itemization points to spent then blue items.

Take for example:

Blue ilvl 300 with 70 str, 70 stam, and 60 crit rating

An epic version of this:

Epic ilvl 300 with 800 str, 80 stam, and 70 crit rating
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell... even I'd take 800 str... as a rogue. :P
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Originally Posted by Ancilorn
    Well, hopefully this comes as good news. We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.

This is further proof that not everything Deathwing does is entirely a bad thing. =) (Source)
    There you go
    Yes!, finally going back to old school feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisBob View Post
    You headbutt your weapon to determine how sharp it is don't'cha?!

The color of it is irrelevant. The progression path remains
    quest rewards > normal dungeons > heroic dungeons > first tier raids > second tier raids > and so on

It's irrelevant what the colors of any and all of these levels are. It's still "casualclysm" whether they color the heroic loot blue or purple, nothing about the casualness of the game is changing.

note: this is not a complaint, just an observation, statement.
    This

However it there is an issue when your 219 is MORE epic than the 200.
    basically all items are stat blocks. color is irrelevant when its bis for your current tier or forms a decent synergy with your items. Once again the community is more concerned with a look than actual function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    And this is where you are wrong.

Epic items have more itemization points to spent then blue items.

Take for example:

Blue ilvl 300 with 70 str, 70 stam, and 60 crit rating

An epic version of this:

Epic ilvl 300 with 800 str, 80 stam, and 70 crit rating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivnet View Post
    Once again the community is more concerned with a look than actual function.
    Which is my main concern. That players don't care about the stats. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sivnet View Post
    This

However it there is an issue when your 219 is MORE epic than the 200.
    basically all items are stat blocks. color is irrelevant when its bis for your current tier or forms a decent synergy with your items. Once again the community is more concerned with a look than actual function.
    There is a reason people called epics epic. Back then, there were plenty of epic items that were nothing more than novelty, but it's the novelty that makes an item epic.

Epic is nothing more than a term to idetify something. That doesn't nessesarily mean it's a term to idetify that it's better than a blue, just that it's more epic than a blue in terms of novelty and/or achivement.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-06-24 at 03:27 PM.

I hope they don't make the progression system like wotlk where everyone is doing the same raid because heroics give better loot than older raids... I liked the sense of progressing with your own guild better and not be like everyone else