Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you so much Blizzard! Finally!

err.

Just me not caring about the colour of the item text I'm wearing?

All that means is you will have to raid to get Epics. But raiding is do damn easy anyways. You just won't get your epics from Heroic. If you only have Heroic Epics you are getting laughed at anyways so what difference does this make?

I'll believe it when I see it. As it is, running the daily heroic every day will still result in epics raining from the sky.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's cool

I'm thinking Heroics = All Blues.
    Raids = Good blues with a chance for an epic or a couple blue items and 1 epic per boss.

I think even if the item level is the same the color still matters. Kinda like in Fable II where you can get special items but that doesn't mean they're better than regular ones they're just tougher to get and have some kind of special quality.

Also, I wonder if the epic achievement will be bumped up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen this is a silly argument I cannot win because casuals outweigh the loyal playerbase now. But look at it this way.

Blizzards plan for this expansion was for everyone to see the content. They stressed the challenge would still be there but in the form of heroic mode which would offer greater rewards. I can link blue posts but I'd rather not but they said this.

Now, they make normal fairly easy. You can PUG it. Anyone can see the content. Great, fine, I don't care. I prefer the challenge.

So they make heroic mode. The mode that is supposed to provide the challenge of TBC, the mode that is supposed to give you the feeling of beating the bosses at their hardest. The mode that is supposed to reward time and effort.

What happens? It's hard for a few weeks until Ensidia does it, then its nerfed to shreds and eventually it's the heroic mode that is being Pug'd and everyone has those rewards (for doing a different version of that heroic mode than the better players did).

Blizzard went back on their own design plan with heroics. There is nothing for the high end player beside that week of hard content before a nerf/buff, and after that we must farm ridiculously easy for us content over and over again so the casuals can feel special. Because they beat the hardest mode, which wasn't really the hardest mode because the hardest mode was taken out of the game because god forbid some people don't feel that they are the best wow player in the world.

It's not rocket science.

Normal = Easy. Heroic = Hard. And keep it that way.

That's great to hear. I sure hope they live up to that. I remember back in Vanilla, someone in even half T1 (which had 8 pieces back then), was seen as pretty damn good. T2 was like "Holy shit!" and T3 was like "*foams at the mouth*"

As opposed to now where it's T10 "....so what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I would fix it so that the fight wasn't nerfed, the hard mode stays hard, the normal mode is how the majority of players do it and that anyone who has that achievement deserved it.
    Then, at this point, I have to ask... how long have you been playing this game?

The nerfing of content isn't unique to WotLK, or even WoW as a whole. It is inevitable, and you just have to be content knowing that you and your guild beat the content when it was hard, and you can sit smugly in <Whatever City> with <Whatever Vanity Reward> and look down your nose at all those inferior schmucks who needed <Whatever Bug Fix/Nerf/Buff> to beat the same content.

Worrying about what other people can or can't do relative to you is pretty foolish, and an utter waste of time. This is a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems like so many gosh darned people play the game just to be better than everyone else.

Like, they don't even have fun. They just want some special reward that says I have more time than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    So they are changing the gear color from all items that drop in heroics to blue instead of purple?

What difference does that make again? No seriously I'd like to know, aside the obvious color difference, I don't see anything different...
    Well, coupled with Blizz declaring they want to tune the raids to require more dungeon gearing ahead of time, and by implication that you need to be normal-geared to run heroics, it introduces two "tiers" of progression that LK never had.

LK, you can literally raid naxx with quest greens/blues, and given how relatively easy many parts are, you'll be geared in no time. So essentially, you have a choice:
    Ding 80 > Run normals for a week > Run heroics for a week > Raid Naxx, or
    Ding 80 > polish off some useful quests > Raid Naxx

And the result and pain will be fairly similar. Not /quite/ as true for tanks/healers, but it's more or less true.
    Blizz seems to be trying to remove the second option and maybe drag out the first option. By coloring the Ding80/questing gear green, the normals/heroics as blue, and then leaving purple for raiding and above, they can make that initial grind interesting-ish.

We'll have to see how it pans out. It isn't going to change things at the end of the day/xpac (5mans => epics), but it may at least colour peoples' experience of the game when they hit 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    Just make sure badges dont let you get top tier sets.
    Excuse me, but I didn't knew the top tier, 271, could be obtained with Frost Emblems, or are you talking about the Tier 10 pieces? Because if that's the case, I thought that you needed in order to farm casually (<< important) Frost Emblems for T10, almost half a year of doing the daily heroic dungeon in order to get all the emblems needed for the pieces. And I dont think farming half a year is something a casual, or a hardcore for that matter, would enjoy doing....
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no difference, the color will just change. Heroic epics are something that you are proud of, and normal epics are normal.. Nothing will change, blues will = normal epics and epics will = heroic epics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It seems like so many gosh darned people play the game just to be better than everyone else.

Like, they don't even have fun. They just want some special reward that says I have more time than you.

Kind of disturbing isn't it..0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    And what is wrong with more players seeing the hard modes? The system in ICC is most likely how they'll continue to implement content. With a stacking buff that allows 'lesser' guilds to see some of the harder content. There's absolutely nothing wrong with more people seeing the old content, especially when it involves a buff like in ICC instead of straight up nerfs.
    They don't see the hard mode. They see a new "slightly harder than normal but not as hard as the real hard mode" version, get the same rewards as those that did the real hard mode, and the real hard mode is taken out of the game so those that are progressing on it are robbed of beating it, and those that can do it are left with stupidly easy content to farm.

Its fine catering to casuals. But why must it be at our expense? What is wrong with having a normal difficulty, a hard difficulty and just leaving it alone. Those who want and really try to get the hard mode will.

I think we'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't think this is brilliant.

Well played Blizzard.

A long time ago in the more peaceful time, the Vanilla age. There was a paladin named Ulti. He began as a noob who didn't have a clue what intellect was nor did he care to learn. He would run into UBRS ret specced and supposed to be healing. Despite his uber noobness he managed to do respectable damage. A few months later that noob grew just slightly mature enough to care about his spec and gear. within a month he became one of the best healers to pug with. Eventually, one lucky day he was waiting for the boat, on his way to slay Onyxia for the second time when one of the best paladins in the lands decided to chat with him. The next day he was in one of the top guilds on Azeroth. He listened and learned, dealt with true, even justified elitists who tolerated his inexperience. A year had passed and the noob was no longer a noob but a geared raider in full Judgement, he wore it proudly and smiled as noobs appeared to inspect his gear. Some would whisper about remembering running in the Dead Mines together. The paladin is now old and grizzled. He has slain Princes and legendary villains. He has stood side by the side of the Ashbringer but he felt as if the essence of his life had been lost. He sat in his home, riches and spoils everywhere. He did not care however, they were abundant everywhere and no longer unique. He sighs heavily as he looks at his old judgment armor when an old friend walks in and tosses his mail on the table. Sacks of gold and expired items from the auction house but something caught far less modest caught his eye. A simple envelope with blue ink told him the glory from the Vanilla age would return. The old paladin smiled as he suddenly felt renewed with vigor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafrok View Post
    I think we'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't think this is brilliant.

Well played Blizzard.
    So you skipped the 23 page argument on it or somthing? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    What's otherwise the point of playing a game?
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Aw cmon, i dont wanna hardcoreraid 24/7 just to get some purple gear...

How does what the blue poster say change anything about the game whatsoever? Isn't what he's describing exactly like now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    They don't see the hard mode. They see a new "slightly harder than normal but not as hard as the real hard mode" version, get the same rewards as those that did the real hard mode, and the real hard mode is taken out of the game so those that are progressing on it are robbed of beating it, and those that can do it are left with stupidly easy content to farm.

Its fine catering to casuals. But why must it be at our expense? What is wrong with having a normal difficulty, a hard difficulty and just leaving it alone. Those who want and really try to get the hard mode will.
    Excuse me, but how is it at 'your expense'? You did the content and are done with it, you claim you don't care about the gear that other players can get that are similar to yours, yet it's at 'your expense' when someone else gets to see the content that blizzard designed?

What is wrong with having players who aren't as good as you see the hardest content in the game, even if it is nerfed down so they can actually do it? Why does it bother you so much? It honestly shouldn't because you shouldn't give a shit why or how other people play the game.