Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've been using _NPCScan and _NPCScan.Overlay, and they work like a charm. The only bad thing about the _NPCScan-version of the overlay is that you can't uncheck rares from showing on the map, and you can't mouseover to see a picture of their looks. However, all rares are removed from the map when you've found them and they're cached, though.

Anyway, it really helped me getting both Bloody Rare (all Outland rares) and Frostbitten (all Northrend rares). The only two rares I haven't killed yet are Bro'Gaz the Clanless (rare in Nagrand, doesn't count for Bloody Rare) and the Time-Lost Proto-Drake (damn slippery bastard). Wish I could find the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, it's my favorite proto-drake.

Unfortunatly that slight annoyance is due to the entire mechanism by which both of those addons work.
    Hence my suggestion earlier of if after tameables, then try to spend as little time as possible in main cities, since the popular ones such as Skoll, Arcturis, Loque'nahak etc are often seen in those cities as tamed pets.
    Some older addons would on a per-zone basis adjust the contents of a macro you had to spam repeatedly, so did avoid that issue.
    But spamming such a macro would get tedious, and would do nothing if you were afk. The mechanism is automatic for all but the actual targeting, but is by far the more convenient despite that annoyance.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 05:02 PM ----------

Never went after Bro'Gaz, largely because I think it was only added to NPCScan as a default and was not even aware of it.
    I do have the time-lost though, and it is not called time-lost without a reason due to the extraordinary amount of time I lost camping it.