Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Where Else Is There After Cataclysm?

I am really curious where else there is to go after Cataclysm releases for future expansions.

Sure there are other islands out in the middle of the ocean, but would have they enough significance to warrant an expansion?

The only thing left from lore would be
    -The Burning Legion Homeworld
    -The Actual Emerald Dream(not some lame representation of it)

Unless they start writing more worlds into the game or find something else I really don't see from the current lore perspective what they could do.

Most of the expansions draw people in because there is already some established lore(such as the Maelstrom) that makes us go: "Wow we finally get to go there." It makes me wonder whats next.

After all the harrassment about space goats I really don't see us going into space or to a Titan planet.

Thoughts?

Definitely Emerald Dream, and they mentioned that even though we go to Vashj'ir in Cata, there's still a TON of naga stuff in the maelstrom we dont get to interact with so there's that.

I think going farther into the Maelstrom is possible, but the Emerald Dream is most likely to be the final expansion.

Blizzard made Cataclysm only have five levels to make the last one have 15. I expect the next expansion will have more than just one continent/world/dream/plane to go to.

It's not so much that as to how much time is left, imo. Originally I think the concept was level 100 cap but...at the rate of expansion releases at 5 levels per, Diablo 3 and their next MMO will be out/close to release by the time we get there. This games going to die off due to actual time, I think. I thought the Maelstrom and Emerald Dream would be 2 different expansions but I believe the "nightmare has been defeated" and Malfurion is back, and we apparently go to the Maelstrom in cataclysm. We'll have to see, but the end all of this game is the death of Sargeras. He is the epitome of every bad guy, and a dark titan no less. I think we'll be seeing him rather soon.

It was my understanding that the Twisting Nether was basically Space for the warcraft lore hence it's effects in Outlands.

As cool as that concept are is... hrm it's possible.

What else could there be?

I think a Titan planet could be pretty interesting. There's also the possibility for more expansion upon the Caverns of Time experience. Perhaps an entire expansion setting us into a new timeline in existing areas. Obviously any of these ideas could als be terrible in executon it just depends how they were done.

Personally i'll probably have had enough of WoW by the time we down Sargeras and loot the Legion homeworld. Which is likely.

I don't tire out of WoW so much because I take frequent breaks and only return when something interesting is added and spread my time out among other things, so I will probably keep coming back and enjoying the game when it is worth playing as things are released as long as some other MMO doesn't come out that completely dwarfs it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    I think a Titan planet could be pretty interesting. There's also the possibility for more expansion upon the Caverns of Time experience. Perhaps an entire expansion setting us into a new timeline in existing areas. Obviously any of these ideas could als be terrible in executon it just depends how they were done.

Personally i'll probably have had enough of WoW by the time we down Sargeras and loot the Legion homeworld. Which is likely.
    Caverns of Time you say? Perhaps we can get some Time Gnomes going about in the game!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVk-QNhRk1U

The Emerald Nightmare is almost entirely taken care of. It will most likely be a raid/patch, there would simply not be enough content for an entire expansion.

The Maelstrom and islands like Kul Tiras or The Undermine together could easily make a "Great Seas" expansion.

Ummm we could take the fight to Char I guess...Ultralisks and Queens as raid bosses. Just try using your flying mount with Corruptors in the area, go on.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

The Emerald Dream was taken care of in the Book "Stormrage". Chances are, that won't be a main expansion.

If they do end WoW with a final expansion, I'm guessing we will see 2 more expansions after Cataclysm.
    80-85 Cataclysm
    85-90 Vash'jir with Azshara and the Old Gods since she now serves them.
    90-100 Wrapping up with the Burning Legion. I once saw an idea that we may go to Argus (Draenei/Eredar homeworld)which is now a major Burning Legion world supposedly. Perhaps a portal from Outland initially to get there, then through phasing a portal to Azeroth from a major quest hub / city.
    -Paladin since Open Beta. Holy since Molten Core. OG Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    The Emerald Nightmare is almost entirely taken care of. It will most likely be a raid/patch, there would simply not be enough content for an entire expansion.

The Maelstrom and islands like Kul Tiras or The Undermine together could easily make a "Great Seas" expansion.

Ummm we could take the fight to Char I guess...Ultralisks and Queens as raid bosses. Just try using your flying mount with Corruptors in the area, go on.
    Kul Tiras is a very small island, and Undermine is in fact ON Kezan which is in the next expansion.(I will leave learning the fate of the island to you when the expansion comes out) so I don't really think that would be it.

Though fake, the person who wrote this had some really interesting ideas about what the emerald dream could be.

The Roaming Flats
    The ever changing lands of the Roaming Flats... built to be a defense mechanism against invaders of the Emerald dream, of course the nightmare infection has messed things up here. It is highly confusing and never looks the same twice. From what I hear this is one of blizzard's new babies. The next step after phasing quests. The zone actually changes every hour and locations relocate themselves. This zone has a huge quest chain that you need to complete to get to the rest of the emerald dream.

The Dying Paradise
    The most corrupt part of the emerald dream. Dying trees slowly fall down to the ground. Horrific twisted versions of azeroth animals roam attacking anything near them. Black darkness spreads in some areas while it looks like fall time in others. A huge offensive of druids attempts to push back the corruption.

The Tangled Sky
    This sounds like the most interesting zone in expansion imho. A series of winding roots tangled through the sky. Not sure how this one will work to be honest. But it sure is... different?

The Eye of Ysera
    Overly bright green energy spews in this still pristine part of the emerald dream. The flows are trying to push back the nightmare infection leaving pretty little rows of flowers and trees in it's wake. The architecture is unique slightly similar to the night elf structures. There is a massive town here and will act as another Dalaran/Shattarah.

The Sleeping Grove and The Breathing Grove
    (NYI)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post

Too many Spore Colonies!!
    But in a more serious sense, I would enjoy seeing an expansion to focused alot on what's left of the Old Gods, as well as the Titans.

Old gods to me always seemed like an after thought to the main plot, I was never able to get into their stories. The titans.. maybe but I feel drowned in all the Titan crap we have gotten in this expansion as it is.

The elemental planes come to mind, but I dont think many ppl are actually like 'I have to see those'. Maybe the nether.
    Apart from that they could always create some more isles. Like the ancient night-elf libraries we saw in the wc3 campaign, the tomb of sargeras or just some leftovers of proudmoores navy. But obviously thats kind of iffy after cataclysm will introduce a lot of island-stuff already.

But my best guess is they saw this problem comming and slowly introduced the whole nozdormu story to have an answer to it. Many people actually want to know what happened to him by now and blizzard could easily throw some more time-related stuff at us. There are endless possibilities to create new continents, like a time-plane, which is connected to dozens of impacting events in azeroths history.
    At the same time they could pull another old god out of their hat and place it somewhere in the old world (there are romours about tirisfal for example).

And if they run out of steam after sending some more old gods, sargeras, aszhara, nozdormu and like every other possible villian you could think off against us, they could always introduce the worgen homelands as the follow-up world.

All of the elemental planes are going to be in Cataclysm, though only Deepholme will be an actual zone, the rest are instances.

And I have had it up to here with the Caverns of time, it never interested me.

I can see Blizzard relasing a 85-90 Expansion pack in which we defeat all the Old Gods and finally Azshara. Lots of filler content, worst expansion. Then the final expansion which is the biggest one (takes lots of time to develope, that's why all the filler content), total game revamp, all the things that were to be done but didnt because Blizz run out of time (eg dance studio, old raid maps, timeline revamp, old dungeon/raids revamp, graphic revamp etc), lvl 90-100.

The Burning Legion hold being the last raid content, with Sargeras being a super 10-25-40 man boss - after this the whole game focuses on PvP until WoW's death (and maybe some randoom content like a Pantheon raid, and some bullshit to cater new players)

The Rest of Dreanor

Tel'anim, Mealstrom, rest of Kezan (Undercity ect)

The Ice caps

The Emerald Dream

Argus (Burning Legion)

Baddies still alive: Deathwing (Being taken care of) Azhara (Not being taken care of in cata) Countless old gods, Kil'jaeden, The Infinate Dragonflight (Probs led by the Bronze aspect) and most importantly: Sargerus.

Got some stuff left.
    Did you think we had Forgotten? Did you think we had Forgiven?

I was under the impression that the reason Cataclysm is only a 5 level expansion is so that they could fit in more expansions before 100, so surely they have plenty of ideas to fill expansions.

Personally i love the idea of a CoT expansion, or maybe not a whole expansion, but i'd certainly like to see another dungeon and raid

Quote Originally Posted by Aradin View Post
    The Emerald Dream was taken care of in the Book "Stormrage". Chances are, that won't be a main expansion.

If they do end WoW with a final expansion, I'm guessing we will see 2 more expansions after Cataclysm.
    80-85 Cataclysm
    85-90 Vash'jir with Azshara and the Old Gods since she now serves them.
    90-100 Wrapping up with the Burning Legion. I once saw an idea that we may go to Argus (Draenei/Eredar homeworld)which is now a major Burning Legion world supposedly. Perhaps a portal from Outland initially to get there, then through phasing a portal to Azeroth from a major quest hub / city.
    Yes the book, has it happened yet in the actual game were playing? who knows....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes the book, has it happened yet in the actual game were playing? who knows....
    Malfurion has already been confirmed as having returned. There are other things, but I believe they break NDA. Cata takes place after the events in the book, it is a certainty.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"