Is there an addon that tells me which of the mobs around me I have aggro on?

I was tanking H PoS today, and my friend, who is an enhancement shamman, nearly died because he had aggro on a mob. Since he is melee dps, I was not able to tell very well if I had lost aggro or not besides the fact his lost a considerable amount of health. I was wondering if there was an addon that showed my threat on all of the mobs, or most of them at least, on my screen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try the threat plates of TidyPlates. I don't personally use them (being DPS), however most people I know give it great reviews.

I swear by TidyPlates. I'd have to strongly second Kayling's suggestion.
    I heard today that nobody is perfect. Now I'm afraid I don't exist.

TidyPlates with the ThreatPlates set up for sure.

Agreed :P ThreatPlates for tidy plates 'll be your best friend. Uses 3 different border colors (green - high aggro / yellow - med / red - about to loose the mob) and kind of red rays for a mob running away from you. Lots of other options like scaling and so on too, you should give it a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aloft has options to do this as well.
    Make the plates light up when you have aggro, or when you don't have aggro if you prefer, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayling View Post
    You could try the threat plates of TidyPlates. I don't personally use them (being DPS), however most people I know give it great reviews.
    +1 from me
    You can get tidy plates here:
    *As it turns out, i can't post links yet
    and the threat plates plugin:
    *again, i can't post links yet
    Great, went Offtopic right after Kumduh said you should NOT go offtopic.
    I just facerolled over the keyboard, and a 7-day timeout for you is what happened.
    -Zao

an alternative to this (the one i use) is Aloft. It has a built in threat glow that i find grand. I haven't had a look at tidyplates so i can't speak to how they compare.

I'm pretty sure the normal blizzard frames do the same thing.
    Also most raidframes (work in party) show a red outline if they have aggro. If anyone besides you is outlined, they have aggro (not as helpful)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, all of the different nameplates options have a Threat Glow. What TidyPlates:ThreatPlates does, though, it is changes the size and opacity of the nameplates.

If you're in Tank Mode (it auto-detects tank specs, fyi), "securely tanked" mobs have small nameplates that are very faded. If you're about to lose agro, the plate becomes "normal" size, and is slightly faded. If you aren't the mob's target, the nameplate becomes very large, and completely opaque - this makes it very easy to see which targets you need to taunt, and also fairly easy to target them.

I have downloaded both tidy plates and tidy plates: threat plates. However, threat plates does not work. When I enable it from the log in menu, it says dependency missing. Any advice?

Try to get Ace3 from somewhere.
    A quick look at the ToC indicates both that and LibSharedMedia as optional dependencies, with SharedMedia most certainly not being required.

hey guys most first of all even fault name plates shows threat with a red glow around the name plate... and guess what u dont need an addon for that altho its ugly so i suggest u take cael_nameplates which has 0 configuration it reskin ur name plates to be more good looking : )
    also as i play tank and in some pulls u find it hard to track threat from name plates i suggest u download grid and enable threat indicator it turns the sqaure around hte player turns red with that and u see if he has agro on something

knameplates (on curse) still works, zero config and looks neat. (and 18kb versus 2mb plus for addons like tidyplates)

you could also just use pitbull unit frames for 5 mans and grid with the aggro mod while you're raiding

cael nameplates or tidyplates are the most famous, but imho ALOFT is by far the best nameplates addon, but there much more to play with configurations