Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I reached lvl80 on my latest project--warrior tank--yesterday. This is my 3rd tank on lvl80, therefore, I do not lack general experience. My main concern is therefore gear.

I have used tempered saronite piece or upgrades from 77+ instance where I got lucky. With proper itemization in all slots and few enchants you will reach uncrittability and 20k+ hp. This is a point where you should farm TOC5 normal to get all of those nifty lvl200 epics. They are extremely good itemized for starting warrior--def rating, some sockets, exp and hit rating as additional stats too. Get your reputation to revered with Argent Crusade and Wyrmrest for easy tanking pieces. Get Ahune's cloak, you are lucky you dinged in the right time--the cloak is just perfect.

Do not invest into below ilvl245 BOE epics or crafts, they are not needed and will be replaced later by ICC5 normal and HC drops.
    I would also avoid daunting pieces of gear unless you are lacking def rating to be uncrittable. They are lacking in other departments significantly.

You still should farm normal instances for some upgrades you are missing, such as trinket from HOL normal, and experience in tanking. Once you reach 25k hp unbuffed you are ready to start taking on easier HC--UK, Nexus or VH. Once you pick up the pace, it is a fast ride to T9 in matter of few days.

Are you level 80 yet ?

Congratulations, you are ready. Just get into these heroics allready :P
    Ecce homo ergo elk