Poll: how many people will play wow after cataclysm release?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

how many people will play wow after cataclysm release?

Blizzard do new server!!

Accounts I think will rise, but I'm pretty sure Wow has reached it's maximum popularity. I mean, seriously, who hasn't heard of this game by now? Anyone who would be interested in playing I'm sure has at least tried it.

But I'm no one and could be dead wrong =)

Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    Accounts I think will rise, but I'm pretty sure Wow has reached it's maximum popularity. I mean, seriously, who hasn't heard of this game by now? Anyone who would be interested in playing I'm sure has at least tried it.

But I'm no one and could be dead wrong =)
    You sure could be wrong
    I think WoW will get bigger

maybe not at first because all of the people who actually think WotLK is good (lol) and think Cataclysm will ruin WoW will quit for a week to a month at most, until they buy more WoW time.

ITT: Pointless speculation
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

It will rise, but I doubt they will do a new server, since there are already so many that are nearly empty/dead for at least one faction.

'Round 14...

However, pointless topic, with the current "ChinaIssue" is kind of hard to esabilish how many players are actually playing in there

These numbers are all way too high.

Deleted
    Well I do expect player numbers to grow by a good 20% once the game is released. This surge won't last that long however and after 6 months we'll be back where we were around the 3.3 patch.

with wotlk release numbers where somewhere near 12mil.. (or 11? cannot remember now...)

so it would be logically to think that it will be same. (EVEN with all that "new vanilla" shit.. in these 2 years alot of nice mmo's have appeared..)

Heard China wasn't allowed to play anymore... In that case ~6-7million, but if they are, I guess it'll stay pretty much just as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttox View Post
    Blizzard do new server!!
    wait what?
    What is this , i don't even ......
    I do have the secret info and it WILL break NDA but here it is
    the number of players after Cataclysm hits will be

13680547 and a quarter . True story
    Offtopic , or hell ONtopic , wth is with this question?????????????????

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Heard China wasn't allowed to play anymore... In that case ~6-7million, but if they are, I guess it'll stay pretty much just as now.
    China simply switched off their WoW servers.

Actually, players from China are using Taiwan and Korea servers to play.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since the loss of Chinese players due to the government affairs & server host dispute. World of Warcraft has lost a significant portion of its playerbase & will unlikely ever surpass it's "twelve million subscriptions" status.

I cannot believe nobody else knew about this prior to my posting.

EDIT:
    Nice. Someone did before I was able to finish the post. In regards to China using Taiwan & Korean servers, I wasn't aware of this. It doesn't make sense due to the fact that China has developed it's own version of World of Warcraft. They are stuck in the TBC expansion though & cannot play WoTLK.

I know players from Hong Kong use Oceanic servers though, but they're based out of the U.S. & the lag is pretty bad for them. I am considering switching to an Oceanic server to play with Aussies since I work nightshift & get off work at server primetime for raiding.
    Last edited by Seraphk; 2010-06-25 at 06:20 PM.