Enchanting or a secondarly proffesion like herb to make gold with?

Hello.
    My main is a 80 lock and i plan on focusing on the toon in cata.
    She currently has eng and tailoring both of which aren't even at 300 yet.

So i know its not to late to change and was wondering as to which proffesion would be best in terms of making gold? Was deciding between enchanting (Know it'll be high in demand) or a simple one like herb or mining.

With enchanting i could chant my own gear and save alil cash overall, but herbing/mining i could raise while im questing in the new zones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of the gathering mats (yes even skinning) will be huge for the first few months, even the first year of Cata, so all of those should yield you some pretty good gold, enchanting mats/enchanting scrolls will always sell as someone upgrades a new piece of gear almost every minute.

Other things that could make money are JCing (expensive to level if you're farming the AH for mats, but pays out at the end) and Alchemy everyone's raiding and everyone likes to have flask and potions.

To even out the pay and wanting to buff your own gear with profession-only buffs. Enchant/JCing all the way (Or replace one if you want 2 hour flask) All 3 are great choices.

I like gathering proffesions for making money. The market has been crashing a lot lately though, and prices flucuate every 30 minutes. But in beginning of cata, or 1st year like Naidia said, you can make lots of money selling mats.
    Level 80 Protection Paladin. Miner/Jewelcrafter
    Level 27 Restoration Shaman. Skinning/Herbalism

Herbing is more of a primary proffesion than ench, which is a tertiary proffesion.

But yeah, just go gathering if you want money and something else for better self buffs.

gathering will always be more profitable but its always the choice you have to make raid buff profession or gold making gathering proffesion. You should make your mind on these as gathering profession will always rack in more gold from crafter.

gathering is always a gold source, every raider needs flasks,pots etc. herbs make them.

What's this about herb being a secondary proffession? secondary = fishing/cooking/first

and tertiary?

I have primary and secondary proffessions, nothing listed as tertiary or higher =/

Enchanting is not literally a tertiary profession (and I'm not sure I quite agree with that anyway) but it is kind of off to the side regarding acquisition of materials. Despite that, it is something that every raider needs for almost every piece of gear they get (necks, belts, trinkets, offhands, librams/relics/totems/sigils excluded). It is possible to make money selling scrolls but most people at the end game end up with tons of mats and go straight to an enchanter anyway. Usually an enchanter leads a relatively poor life or relies on another profession to back it up. My enchanter basically makes tips from enchants for others. If you are willing to put the time in to spam trade chat and travel places, enchanting can make you a decent amount of money. If you are like me and leveled it for the stat bonuses and only do enchants for people in my spare time, its not really a moneymaker. That being said, engineering DEFINITELY won't make you as much money as enchanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

If you don't need money, get enchanting. I can say that leveling enchanting on my DK has been a large pain in the ass. There is nothing worse than using 100g worth of mats (Self farmed or bought) and getting zero skill points from them. Plus with enchanting, you have to take a crapload of time farming the greens to de. Either that or buy the greens or mats, which itself is money.

Gathering professions are good for making money though. Although each server has different sale prices for gathered materials, most of them sell decently.
    Last edited by pomop; 2010-06-29 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Sorry, for the late reply. I will def go with herbing as it should be highly profitable for the first weeks to a month that cata comes out. With everyone wanting to focus on leveling instead of there proffesions. Ya'll have been a great help and thank you for all that have replied.