Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sam Raimi Talks World of Warcraft Movie

collider.com/2010/06/25/sam-raimi-interview-world-of-warcraft-movie-oz-the-hobbit-saturn-awards

Key topics:

* How has the last few months been for him. Says he has been reading scripts and working on a treatment for the World of Warcraft
    * :35 Does he pay attention to the online rumors about what he is attached to
    * 1:00 – Lots of talk that he might do The Hobbit.
    * 1:25 – What will be his next film. Says he has read the script Oz. Not sure he will do the film
    * 2:00 – World of Warcraft. What most excites him as a filmmaker – talks about the monsters, landscapes, performing spells.
    * 2:45 – Does the film take place in the real world or just in the game. Says they have a 40 page treatment for the film
    * 3:30 – Why is video game to film such a tough transition
    * 4:15 – he really knows his characters
    * 4:40 – Will the movie just take place in the World of Warcraft or will people be in the real world. Says it is ALL in the World of Warcraft
    * 5:40 – How does he decide what he wants to do as his next project. Says he LOVES playing the game.
    * 6:00 – Has he ever sat and played the game from morning to night. Tells a great story about his characters and the game. Fans are going to love what he says.
    * 6:50 – Is the studio enthusiastic about the movie. Says it’s Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros.
    * 7:30 – Does he have other projects he is thinking about or is it just WOW and OZ?
    * 8:15 – Will he make another film like Drag Me to Hell or is he done with that genre

Edit 1: In case you don't trust the link, just google it. Collider is a great site about movies.
    Edit 2: Added key topics

[]'s
    Poderoso - Dalaran
    Last edited by ehasis; 2010-06-25 at 06:56 PM.

I'm so scared to click on any links from any WoW sites.

Here's a legit link. It's a trusted site:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/06/...arcraft-movie/

Some pretty interesting info.

Google's your friend, google the link and you'll see if its legit

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet finally some new info on the movie!

He sounds like the right director for the movie imho.

Leacl
    or those that think Raimi is not a gamer, the filmmaker said that he once had a level 29 Shaman that got deleted but now has a level 72 character that he didn't even "power level", he leveled it up all himself, so he's definitely been immersed in that world
    Anyone else rofl'd here? (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, he's a great guy, taking time for a surprise interview. Really looking forward and with higher hopes now that it WILL come

So whatever storyline he's working on, does not include anything really after outlands(?) I make this assumption since he hasn't seen anything really after outlands....

Hope he doesn't bomb it on flashy CGI and crappy story. Haven't seen a good Video Game movie yet.

This movie is never going to happen. Prince of Persia flopped hard. There's no way Hollywood studios will put a huge budget behind a video game property for a long time.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leacl View Post
    Anyone else rofl'd here? (:
    lol yup, but i guess it's a bit better than someone who hasn't played it at all, if that matters, doesn't matter how good or bad it is, majority of the people will complain because it didn't have something they want in it. They can only fit so much into a little 2-3 hour movie, and i for one am super excited to see what they put in it, looking forward to a teaser trailer in the coming years.

I'm sure I read that Blizz would like it to be set before most of what we know with a few recognisable faces, but the story was more about the Warcraft universe than the current timeline and characters that we all know - I cant remember where I saw that tho. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    This movie is never going to happen. Prince of Persia flopped hard. There's no way Hollywood studios will put a huge budget behind a video game property for a long time.
    There's no video game that's as big as world of warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody have a transcript of this interview? I can't stream videos where I am at and trying to google this interview as a transcript is failing hard.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by ehasis View Post
    * 4:40 – Will the movie just take place in the World of Warcraft or will people be in the real world. Says it is ALL in the World of Warcraft
    Huh? what kind of stupid question is that? Of course a World of Warcraft movie will take place in the Warcraft Universe and not in the real world, Arthas isn't going to climb to Empire State building or something oO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Huh? what kind of stupid question is that? Of course a World of Warcraft movie will take place in the Warcraft Universe and not in the real world, Arthas isn't going to climb to Empire State building or something oO
    heehee

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    There's no video game that's as big as world of warcraft.
    Even if every single WoW player in the world saw the movie, if it can't generate a huge amount of non-WoW player interest, they will never make the revenue that a big budget film needs to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I think he meant, like players being in the film and such.
    Anyway, atleast Uwe Boll hasn't picked this one up.

Finally something

BETA CLUB!

so thats why the movie is taking so long...his wasting all his time playing...just like everyone else.