Thread: Arena

Arena

My friends and I are going to try a 3v3 arena team. The last time we did arena was in tbc and we were all on different toons. My two friends are going feral druid and dk. I know the comp is not optimal, but I was wondering what healer/class you guys would recommend for the third slot for me to play as. I have a 78 druid(will be 80 soon enough) and a 80 pally that can heal, or I have a geared DK and warlock as well. What class do yo think would best compliment the other two in arena. Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    well healadin is not the best in Arena...id try druid healer or maybe the lock depending on what you're better at.

If you went with holy paly you would have a crappy version of PHD because ur lacking an ms. But those two dps together just isn't the best comp regaurdless of what type of heals. I would go paly just because you woudn't want two druids with similar cc's on the same DR

I think A Holy pala would be good, for this setup, They both can peel off you very easy so you can free cast and use Divine Plee as much as possible to keep mana up, Your Stun will come in good use for a Strangulate - Maim combo to get the healer or dps down.

Bubble is also a great thing to have, I find that druids can get easily overwhelmed, (Depends on the player however) Such as if you get some good damage on a dps then make a fast switch to the Druid you can generally burst him down. With A pala however you have bubble and beacon so you know you will always be topped up.

Plus you can Dispel magic which helps alot.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Id suggest a disc priest, they have allot more offensive capability then a holy paladin & their cc wont share diminishing returns with your dps partners.
    Your being able to have offensive potential will be key since you wont have an MS in the group + the ability to offensively dispel buffs is insanely helpful.

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 03:30 AM ----------

Id suggest a disc priest, they have allot more offensive capability then a holy paladin & their cc wont share diminishing returns with your dps partners.
    Your being able to have offensive potential will be key since you wont have an MS in the group + the ability to offensively dispel buffs is insanely helpful.

The main problem you will run into with a holy paladin is that they very reliant on beacon to heal more then a single target at a time & it costs a decent chunk of mana to re apply so if it gets offensively dispelled you will have a real hard time rebuffing it allot, there is also the fact that everyone knows that once a paladin bubbles someone/himself that person cannot be bubbled again for 2min. This means that most tactics enemies will use will be to tunnel vision you & force you to bubble so you have no oh sh!t buttons left.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

My priest is 66 right now and I am unsure if I have it in me to do outland right now.... lol. All my toons I have a 80 pally, 80 dk, 80 shaman, 80 warlock, 80 warrior, 78 druid, 72 rogue, and a 66 priest. I went a bit alt crazy in the past and right now I am trying to settle down on one or two toons at the max. The priest looks alright in arena, but the druid has more mobility. I remembered when I used to arena in tbc the matches on my pally felt like they revolved around bubble.

I don't know at this point. A lot of people have brought up some solid points, but I am just trying to decide on a solid toon to arena with my friends. So many comps and choices. Never had much luck with three dps in 3v3 though although recently I have been thinking about it with maybe the rogue.