First Frost Badge purchase (Prot Paladin)

I just got 50 badges by doing the weekly. Should I get the cloak or wait the while it will take to save up more badges or get the cloak? I'm leaning towards getting the cloak since for now I will only be able to pug this tank into raids because we are just working on lich king only in my guild.

Uh... armory link or basically any more info than you provided would be helpful

the haste with stacking attack power trinket. it just screamed "best in slot" when my trinket in that slot was still darkmoon card of greatness.

edit: well shoot that's what i get for only reading the title and not paying attention to what forum portion it was in...

must still try and make this constructive regardless of playing a rogue, hmm. I'd say keep saving up those badges and VoA while you try and gear. the first frost badge item is less important since everything is an upgrade at this point, focus should be on the long term. "get geared", less on the "which specific piece to aim for first"
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2010-06-26 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i say go for the cloak and work your way up. ive always gotten the cheapest stuff first on any toon. be sure to do voa 10/25, ur heroic dailies, the weekly too.

and for the next two weeks u can do the event boss and get another 2 frost badges every day

then there is the icc 5man quest chain

then there is ruby sanctum coming out too

then icc 10/15

overall, you will be able to get like 2 pieces a week soon if u do that all
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

If your holy theres a sticky about it, but I don't know because we don't have your armory.

It really isn't easy for people to give advice on gearing when people no not provide armory links.

EDIT: Incase people haven't read the guys full post, he mentions tanking.. but again we would like an armory link.

For my alt Tankadin, I decided to get the trinket instead of the cloak. 20+ ToC runs and no Black Heart, so I just gave up.

If you have a Black Heart and T9ish, I would go for the cloak, since it's BiS.

That's the best I can do giving advice without an armory. :-(

EDIT: I just saw your armory in another post. Get the belt http://www.wowhead.com/item=50991 to replace your blue one. Now...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...i&cn=Lightemup
    Last edited by Denethar; 2010-06-26 at 05:02 AM.

-I would get the trinket to replace the JC one, you can easily obtain the 226 crafted belt or just the one from emblems.
    -I see you've started doing ICC10 on the character, get the rep ring to replace that blue one as soon as you can too.
    -245 ToC crafted bracers are pretty damn cheap to get now
    -Weapon from PoS or HoR heroic
    -Shield from HoR normal should work until you can get one from a 10man raid, either ToC or Gunship 10.
    -232 neck from HoR, or 226 one from EoC
    -245 Libram from EoT
    -232 boots from FoS Heroic (or 264 crafted if you are willing to blow the gold)

Edit: Yes I understand you have only just leveled the character or have just started the process of gearing it up recently, and you probably have everything on this list in your head, I just thought i'd list it here incase you missed anything. This is before someone flames me for just listing everything you can do.. Good luck gearing it up
    Last edited by Brael; 2010-06-26 at 05:22 AM.

Buy the cloak, its usually the biggest improvement overall, it was for me
    Level 80 Protection Paladin. Miner/Jewelcrafter
    Level 27 Restoration Shaman. Skinning/Herbalism

Doesn't Ahune have a tank cloak that you can farm?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    -I would get the trinket to replace the JC one, you can easily obtain the 226 crafted belt or just the one from emblems.
    -I see you've started doing ICC10 on the character, get the rep ring to replace that blue one as soon as you can too.
    -245 ToC crafted bracers are pretty damn cheap to get now
    -Weapon from PoS or HoR heroic
    -Shield from HoR normal should work until you can get one from a 10man raid, either ToC or Gunship 10.
    -232 neck from HoR, or 226 one from EoC
    -245 Libram from EoT
    -232 boots from FoS Heroic (or 264 crafted if you are willing to blow the gold)

Edit: Yes I understand you have only just leveled the character or have just started the process of gearing it up recently, and you probably have everything on this list in your head, I just thought i'd list it here incase you missed anything. This is before someone flames me for just listing everything you can do.. Good luck gearing it up
    ok this guys was almost perfect buy the belt first cloak second and trinket third the monarch crab is damn fine trinket for now but I notice youre FAR over def cap and still gemming/enchanting for def. you can start gemming pure stam for more effective health and throw one 10 agil/15 stam dreadstone in your helm for the socket bonus which will be your best friend inside of icc.

as far as enchants go 10 stats to chest is better then the 275 hp when you get a decent weapon you want to put mongoose on it 18 stam to your shield 240 armor to gloves and 22 stam to boots

also take one point out of improved judgement and one point from seal of righteousness and put those into conviction other then that your spec is perfect

Trinket/Belt/cloak is generally the best upgrades you can get as you can get upgrades thought craftables and such in other slots till you have enough badges to buy thoes

UPDATE Question

I just ran VOA 25 and got the lightsworn gloves. Since I have those should I get the shoulders as the 1st purchase instead of the Waist so I get the 2 piece set bonus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjr View Post
    I just ran VOA 25 and got the lightsworn gloves. Since I have those should I get the shoulders as the 1st purchase instead of the Waist so I get the 2 piece set bonus?
    Shoulders are a decent piece of tier gear, unless you can pick up the GSB shoulders. Personally, I would take the Chest/Shoulders for the 2pc and get offset items for the rest.