Thread: DPS Loss

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.

DPS Loss

Ok, so i have here, a simple question.
    What would be the dps loss of a perfect specced and lvled CAT vs a WOLF? i hate wolves and love cats and i don't raid HC. If it's really much i'll still switch bt i'd rather not.
    Any anwsers? and thanks for reading.

If I would go from a wolf to a cat, according to femaledwarf, I would lose 137 dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.
    That's low enough for me not to care at this moment, except in 10-25 mans:P meaning my cat will be with me still^^ and thanks for using female dwarf, i can't use it as i'm not lvl 80 yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it really doesn't matter unless if you are raiding, otherwise it is trivial.

Deleted
    If you really do not want to raid with a wolf, you could try to convince you raidleader to use a Tallstrider. You'd lose a piece of dps but you'd help the tanks. In 10 man it's even more likely that you will be able to bring a pet that provides a debuff your raid is missing. Just get creative. Maxdps is the Wolf, without a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    If you really do not want to raid with a wolf, you could try to convince you raidleader to use a Tallstrider. You'd lose a piece of dps but you'd help the tanks. In 10 man it's even more likely that you will be able to bring a pet that provides a debuff your raid is missing. Just get creative. Maxdps is the Wolf, without a question.
    UNLESS there is no druid in your group to do Faerie Fire, in which case a Wasp will provide more overall raid DPS by a considerable margin (easily reaches 1k+ increased raid dps in 25mans and can be considerably more in melee heavy groups,) provided there are 3+ physical dps classes present (and that does include the tank.)

Sadly, the reason wolves are dominant dps pets is due to how they buff the hunter, not due to any other reason. This buff is static and strong enough that other pets whose abilities need to scale up are simply unable to reach the point where they pass the dps contribution that the buff to the hunter's dps provides.

Really wish more people would realize that a dps player's main purpose is to increase raid dps to the best of their abilities regardless if that is by personal dps contributions or increasing the dps of other players (even at the cost of a small personal dps loss.) Maybe we'll get more thinking happening in Cata once our pets can cover every debuff that a player can toss out XD
    Last edited by deadman80; 2010-06-27 at 01:59 AM.