Thread: GS is LOL

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GS is LOL

hey guys, i wanted just make a post to see what your opinion about GS? GS=GearScore,

i jsut lvled my 5 alt to 80 and try to gear up him quickly and no im not noob(we are on lichking HM 25 man) and noticed lot of laugh becuz of my GS and have was removed or dont invite in a raid becuz my gear score was like 4.7K and the leader wanted 5k, that jsut make me laugh since i heal and dps really often more that any 5.5k GS, sometime im approved in the grp becuz we are the second guild of the server,

anyway im not against that Gs is bad, sometime it help to choose good player of bad, but you need to make a difference when a guys of 4.5k Gs in grp is inside the one of the second best pve guild of the server

sorry for my bad english, im a french canadian

Ouais, ton anglasi y'est a chier, les gens y te comprenderons pas, de toute facons, c'est pas un probleme, y'en as beaucoup de gens qui regarde pas plus que le bout de leurs nes et y basent leurs opinions sur un chiffre coloree. T'en fais pas, juste espere que t'as un leader qui sais ce qui fait et qui inviter.

I'm not much of a GS baby, but honestly unless I know them well and they've got some f**king amazing skills, I wouldn't take someone under 5k GS for HM 25.

Usually I only ever look at people's gearscore to get a rough estimate of how they might perform in a raid/heroic.

I like to use gearscore to determine the questions I ask from a player. If I see a person with less than 4k GS on my weekly, I make sure they're hit capped. If I see a person under 5k in my ICC, I make sure they're properly itemized (have the right stats for their class, etc.). I also make sure with ANY gearscore that the player is wearing appropriate gear for their class and the content (no PvP gear for the most part, no tank trinkets on non-tanks, etc.).

That said, it doesn't guarantee that the person playing is good. It just makes sure that the character is capable if the player is competent.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv
    Yes I take candle.

Quote Originally Posted by End'ghao View Post
    Ouais, ton anglasi y'est a chier, les gens y te comprenderons pas, de toute facons, c'est pas un probleme, y'en as beaucoup de gens qui regarde pas plus que le bout de leurs nes et y basent leurs opinions sur un chiffre coloree. T'en fais pas, juste espere que t'as un leader qui sais ce qui fait et qui inviter.
    Google translate failed on me.

Care to do the favors?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    hey guys, i wanted just make a post to see what your opinion about GS? GS=GearScore,

I just leveled my 5th alt to 80 and try to gear up him quickly and no (I`m not "a" noob(we are on lichking HM 25 man) and noticed lot of laugh because of my GS and have was removed or dont invite in a raid because my gear score was like 4.7K and the leader wanted 5k, that just make me laugh since I heal and dps really often more that any 5.5k GS (Ebayers, noobs or a friend stepping in for the real player), sometimes )`m approved in the group because my guild is on second place on 25man on the server

anyway I`m not against that Gs is bad, sometimes it help to choose good player of bad, but you need to make a difference when some guys of 4.5k Gs in group is inside the one of the second best pve guild of the server.
    Fixed o.o /facepalm
    True that some high gear score people sucks / slacks or trying out faceroll, but even if your in the second best guild on the server doesnt mean your geared enough for the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by end'ghao View Post
    ouais, ton anglasi y'est a chier, les gens y te comprenderons pas, de toute facons, c'est pas un probleme, y'en as beaucoup de gens qui regarde pas plus que le bout de leurs nes et y basent leurs opinions sur un chiffre coloree. T'en fais pas, juste espere que t'as un leader qui sais ce qui fait et qui inviter.
    qft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do generally agree that using GS as the de facto means of determining player ability makes almost as much sense as denying someone a job due to a low credit score.

I have no credit score (I'm on the Dave Ramsey diet - i.e. I refuse to take on debt), which has caused me to be turned down for a job.

While I do feel a GS check increases the likeliness of a successful pug, in regards to guild recruitment and other more long term engagements, GS should take a back seat to the player's actual skill and attentiveness.

Believe me, there are plenty of 5k+ people on my server who are absolutely horrible players.

GS=Good and Bad. Please, stop making these post.. We all know

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear score is great because it gives you an idea of what people are capable of. Obviously, someone with a relatively higher gear score should perform better. (4.5K vs 6K kinda thing). That's the good part about it.

The bad part is when people think someone with a relatively higher gear score will perform better, thus skipping over players with lower gear scores. The other bad part is when people use it as a requirement for particular encounters. I've seen things like, "LFM Anub weekly - 5K GS minimum!" or, "LFM VoA10 5.5K GS required'...I mean, really? My Boomkin is sitting at a GS of 4500 and I'll pull about 4.6K DPS in VoA - along with the 5.5K Hunter pulling 2.9K. Many players abuse it to get into something, and then will just auto-attack and AFK the whole encounter (which I've seen).

I've not tested the waters for ICC raids (no time for raiding - only Heroics and quickie raids right now) just yet but, I know there are some who would deny my based solely on my GS - not all but, a good portion would.

So, GS is great when used properly but, it's slowly becoming abused and rather rediculous. I'm sad Blizzard didn't outright break it completely so all this nonsense can get behind us.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2010-06-26 at 09:37 PM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

I find it strange that 90% of the ones complaining about gs are the ones that can't enter raids. I got into 5.2k+ GS groups on my 4.7k GS feral druid, by asking the leader to give me a chance, and outdpsing others.

I remember the raid leader (OF A GUILD) saying "You got twice the dps/hps/tps of your gearscore" and he was serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wǒ bù míngbái, zhǔxí xiānshēng, qǐng zài shì yīcì.
    Last edited by Glwys; 2010-06-26 at 09:37 PM. Reason: forgot a period o_O

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    Fixed o.o /facepalm
    True that some high gear score people sucks / slacks or trying out faceroll, but even if your in the second best guild on the server doesnt mean your geared enough for the encounter.
    ^^^ This. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how skilled the player is, with a 4.7K Gearscore you are a liability to the raid in 25Man HM... hell, with that kind of gear it's an uphill climb in 25 Man regular.

Basically, you are bringing brass knuckles to a gun fight. It doesn't matter how talented you are, your not equipped for the contest.

You may be able to do better than the guy with the rifle that doesn't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of, but that doesn't mean that your ready for that contest, only that your better than some bads with high GS's.
    Last edited by Ghrog74; 2010-06-26 at 09:42 PM.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Glwys View Post
    Wǒ bù míngbái, zhǔxí xiānshēng, qǐng zài shì yīcì.
    Uhm... what language is that?
    <Insert signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I find it strange that 90% of the ones complaining about gs are the ones that can't enter raids. I got into 5.2k+ GS groups on my 4.7k GS feral druid, by asking the leader to give me a chance, and outdpsing others.
    Masses whine, smart(er) people find solutions around it. Final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, fuck your anglas y'est has, people will understand you in any ways, it's not a problem, many people have y'en who looks no more than the end of their ties and to base their opinions on a number of color. Do not worry, just hope you got a leader who know what is and whom to invite.
    Thanks Google?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, your english is shit, people don't understand you, anyways, it's not a problem, there's alot of people which doesn't "look as far as their nose (may be a french expression there)" and they base theirs opinions on a colored number. Don't worry, just hope that you get a leader that know what he's doing and that he invite you.

Quick translation for Gunmist.

Porra malandro, outro tópico com esse assunto? Vai se foder mermão.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    Google translate failed on me.

Care to do the favors?
    Didn't fail on me:

Direct from google:
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Translate
    Yeah, your shit has anglas y'est, people do not understand you in any ways, it's not a problem, y'en have many people who look no further than the end of their ties and to base their views a figure colored. Do not worry, just hope you got a leader who know what is and who to invite.
    Common sense makes of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, ftw btw
    Yeah, your english is shit. People won't understand you in any way, but it's not a problem. Many people don't look any further than their nose is long (expression) and base their opinions on colored digits (hence, GearScore). Don't worry, just hope that you get a leader who knows what he should look for and who will invite you.
    Roughly, that is ofcourse.

EDIT: Damnit, frozenpotato beat me to it -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...