Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pros dont need hit cap?

Question:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...9;Ganis&n=Abni
    one of the worlds highest rated mages, and she only have 51 hit rating ( 1.94% ), question is why?
    she have haste neck and cloak instead of hit, is haste so good that its worth to take it over hitcap? or wtf? : /
    could any mage explain that to me why she rolls with so low hit?
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

Because she's in pvp gear. You only need 1-2% to be hit capped against other 80s (I forget the exact amount offhand.)

And I'm betting she's one of the highest rated "pvp" mages seeing as her latest achievement was:
    2 Lord Marrowgar kills (Icecrown 25 player). May 12, 2010

you need 5% on other players
    Talents may reduce it.

Edit;
    OP is clearly talking about arena rating
    No idea why she has such low hit
    Last edited by hasteorate; 2010-06-26 at 10:39 PM.

sigh. pvp gear

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This thread is filled with fail.

Interesting indeed, and I believe the melee cap is 5%, no idea about spell hit cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

2% from Gear
    3% from Talents
    = 5% Hitcap for lvl 80 Mobs/Players

Guys he knows its pvp gear, but hes wondering why he doesnt have 5% hit for pvp. But notice what spec he is right now, arcane. Look at the top of the arcane tree and you will have your answer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

To ruin the fun, he's arcane => 6% hit from talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has both arcane focus and precision. That brings the PVP hit cap to 0%.

Arcane is arena? Pfffffft maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

She's hit cap through talents lolololol.
    Destruction!

no, she is frost with 20 points in arcane for the imp. CS and TtW ( im talking about her frost spec! ) and its ONLY for arcane spells, in frost spec = she is 3% under the cap when playing arena in frost ( checked her gear a lot of times, she is using the same haste off-parts not hit when playing with frost ) and she dont have the frost hit talent

Deleted
    First of all, Abni is a he i think.

Second, he's well known for actually playing arcane in arenas.

My guess is that's his arcane gear, and when speccing frosts, he puts on another hit piece or so. Or perhaps he thinks counterspell hit capped is enough, but i doubt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abni is a she. The person who plays her, however, might be a he

Abni is a dude, that's for sure... he doesn't play any spec other than Arcane in arena, otherwise, if he was frost, he'd probably want more hit from gear. But, you want 5-6% hit AT LEAST in arena... Clutch spell misses are more annoying than anything possible at the top ratings.

he / she whatever, i checked her gear many times while she had her frost spec "equiped" and neck and cloak, rings, everything was the same, 51 hit rating, just don't get why, i m planning to play frost on my mage, but dont know if i should go for 5% hit cap or the haste parts..

Quote Originally Posted by Imonition View Post
    he / she whatever, i checked her gear many times while she had her frost spec "equiped" and neck and cloak, rings, everything was the same, 51 hit rating, just don't get why, i m planning to play frost on my mage, but dont know if i should go for 5% hit cap or the haste parts..
    If you're not planning for your abilities to hit your target, you're planning to end the season at 1900. Always hit cap, if abni is below capped he's gear changing or dual specced.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Fail... pvp gear. You're bad
    we r talking about pvp...scroll up clown,and u see its the PvP forum...

You always go for the hit cap - anything else is just ridicolous. And I'm sure you've just catched him in frost spec with arcane gear.