Feral, lvl'ing talent priority

I'm currently at 49, and I was wondering if it was more efficient to spec mangle + rend and tear/berserk, then go into restor for Naturalist and Omen of clarity. As it stands as far as lvl'ing, i find myself using FB instead of rip as mobs die within the FB usually. Even in instances lvl'ing, I hardly ever use rake (yay badge gear?). Every time I use Rip feels more like wasted (usually can get as high as 4 til mob is near death) 5 CP as i almost never see it tick, even if just once.

So with rake being the only real bleed getting across, would naturalist + omen = more dmg vs going mangle and rend and tear/berserk for lvl'ing?

When I leveled my druid I finished off all of my feral talents before going into Resto for Naturalist & Omen. It worked just fine for me =)

I would DEFINITELY say get Mangle, without a doubt. But if you really want to, you could start going into resto from there and then bounce back to finish off feral later.

But i would suggest finishing off your talents in feral first.

I specced to Mangle and King of the Jungle, then went for Omen of Clarity, before filling out the rest of feral. And that, I'd advice to you, as well.

And you're NOT using Rake? What? If it's allowed to tick once, it's miles ahead of Mangle for DPE, (assuming mangle is already up) - and Mangle itself is way ahead of Claw. At least for leveling.

Deleted
    My advice is to fill out feral till 61, then respec to get mangle + ooc and fill out feral again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    My advice is to fill out feral till 61, then respec to get mangle + ooc and fill out feral again.
    Actually, I'd revise my opinion to agree with this. It's similiar to what I did with my Elem anyway (Start by filling out elem, at 61 respec to get totem of wrath + crit/cheaper shocks from enhance) and that smoothed a lot better in the leveling-experience.

Deleted

There's different ways to do it. It can be fun to run from mob to mob 'rake-mangle-rip' or just 'rake-rip' depending on the level difference and gear. That also lets you get furor which is useful for quick mob killing/healing. I prefer going that direciton, but getting rend&tear for a FB rotation is perfectly viable too.

Mangle is brilliant, as is improved Leader of the Pack
    I think Nurturing Instincts (combined with predatory strikes) to be awesome for leveling/questing. Infected wounds 3 is really decisive in battlegrounds.

Furor just rocks for questing. You get off the horse (or change from flight form!), you can attack immediately. Its just a great talent when you end up shifting forms. You really are doing yourself a disservice not picking it up as soon after mangle as possible. (and once you have it, Naturalist is an awesomely strong talent, as is OOC.)

Personally, From 49: I'd grab Mangle (and glyph it!), then furor*3, then improved mangle 3, then through naturalist and OOC.
    Last edited by Cortano; 2010-06-28 at 04:28 PM.