Poll: What do you want to raid in cata 10 or 25 man ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10man Pugs across the board. I'm not a fan of the guild drama/expectations/watching the guildies wife be carried while we're forced to work harder on chars we don't want to play/etc etc. So for cataclysm, I'll be pugging it up.

going to gather up the 10 man team i had at the start of wrath(server first plagued protos), and build a 10 man raiding guild. most of us still do ICC10 heroic every week together but we all went to different guilds for 25s.

and since the choice will be either 10s or 25s and we all much prefer 10s that's the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I actually do more dps in 10 mans as my comp runs about 10x smoother.

But I've also got exams for the next 4 years of my life. So if I can't be replaced in a 25 man, they won't raid, but if I'm doing 10 mans. I'm easily replaceable.

Another reason for my decision is that I get the feeling I don't know people well enough in my current guild (25 man) and I'd rather make jokes with people I know very well, which is what I did in my 10 man guild a few months ago :P

Sup Yo.

Deleted
    25 i think

depends on how maney in the group that would need a brain for the basic encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    10. Because 9 retards is less than 24.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

25 mans on my main, 10 mans on my alts.

Deleted
    I've always liked 10 man raids and I will continue that in Cataclysm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    10 since I'm in a 10 man guild
    same here but i am not sure if i will play cata at all...

Deleted
    I am kind of surprised how many people will raid 10mans because I see so many whiners here saying how 10mans suck and they will go 25man forever.

I myself will definitaly raid 10mans, 15 less idiots, people easier to replace, less people wanting my gear...

Blizz did say that they will make 10mans so they have the same difficulty as 25mans but some basic things will stay. You still cannot expect each person to deal more dmg in 10man (lack of buffs), in 25man there still will be say 6 people trapped in an Ice Tomb unlike 2 in 10man, there still cannot be that much mind control in 10man because you often have only 2 healers etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    10. Too many reasons to list.

Less people to deal with.
    Less people to make mistakes.
    Less Lag.
    Less AFK waiting.
    Less decision making for loot.
    Agreed especially when you are In a guild you can take the ppl you know are good.

10 mans with close friends

10 mans mostly, because why do more when I could do less for the same rewards?

Deleted
    10, I got a life and no time to set up 25mans several times a week. 1 10man a week is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    10man mainly and maybe pug 25man Because with all the online and irl friends i have on the realm i play on I can alsmost fill a 10 man group =) 25man seems to me like to much work ^^

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageJ View Post
    25 mans on my main, 10 mans on my alts.
    This.

Why do I have to restrict myself to one raiding option?
    25 man with the guild on my main. Some 10 man guild raids with alts.
    Eventually planned 25man pugs with affiliated guilds.
    And with other alts whatever is puggable currently.
    So almost option "both a little" except the little part. More like "both a lot".

For people replying "less morons to play with". Are you in a horrible guild and still sticking with it for whatever reason or are you not in a raiding guild and talking about pugs?

10-mans, I've loved them since Karazhan days.

Some of the reasons would be...

* My computer handles them better
    * 10-mans have a more tightly-knit atmosphere
    * more emphasis on each individual player's performance
    * easy to pick out who screwed up and easy to replace in PuGs
    * possible to run with friends only (who the hell has 24 friends in this game?)
    * as a healer I like it that in 10-mans my heals feel like they have more of an impact

That said, I did like 40-mans because (all the issues with AFKers and organizing aside) 40 people is what feels really epic. 25 people is an awkward middle ground that (to me) feels neither epic, nor focused like 10-mans. Thus, I've never really come to like 25-mans. If some friend invites me into a promising 25-man PuG, I'll surely go, but I'll prefer 10-mans by miles.

My point goes to 10 man raiding.

I always liked it more then the 25 man dungeons. And Im in a 10 man raid for a long time now, so we can just go on doing our thing. *snicker*

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It will depend on what the guild does, pretty much.
    This.

i raid with my family. and it happends so that we are 12 raiders, so we will go 10 mans and have 2 replacements

Makes me laugh how people just call out every other raid members idiot or morons.. If you don't like the people you're raiding with it's your problem for choosing the wrong guild or recruiting random scrub.
    Personnaly, I enjoy the people i'm playing with since they're all very good or at least decent and if not then they get some help or replaced if its a lost case.
    Any loot drama get dealt with very quickly and if it becomes serious we just get rid of the loot whores.

I'll be running 10's untill everyone hits 85 then stick to 25's, 10 man will be for my alts.