Poll: What is your opinion on server wide events?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Server Wide Events

I'm curious to know how others feel about server wide event things.

like for example, the opening of the AQ gates.
    would you be interested in seeing annother gate opening event similar to AQ (not soo long and hard, but maybe something that takes about 1-2 weeks of work to open the main instance, then maybe 1 week more for each wing?)

My thoughts: now with more people raiding, I feel more people would be interested in working to open gates of something raid-related, and more people would be able to do specific raid quests (AKA, go kill this boss from this previous (well, current) tier and take this from him. once I have 500 of them, I can open the gate. Also solo farming things too)

EDIT: anyone know how to edit poll choices. I spellt something wrong...
    Last edited by Lunataria; 2010-06-27 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think there should be random event thats happen every week. Like a raid of Scougre invade the major cities, or a random boss dragon spawns somewhere but for a limited time, (first come, first serve kinda thing). It would make the game feel more real if things where happening in places other then instances.

"Worlds first is overrated anyway. Only proves that you have no life."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    World bosses would be cool but with how many people raid now, there would be too much fighting to get them...

I would have liked to see in wrath:
    -continuing attacks on cities from scourge
    -blue dragonflight assaulting dalaran (I mean, you've declared war on mortals using magic, yet you attack other dragon aspects though the biggest collection of mortal magic users is floating in your back yard (also, violet hold doesn't count)) (also, I understand why they didn't do this one.

I made a fortune in BC selling all the twink items I kept from Ahn'Quiraj opening event

15+ Year Old Account
    The AQ gates was a bit much. I think there's room for things like that but maybe not as hardcore.

Gogo Re-opening of AQ for cata! I WANTZ SCARAB LORDZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they'll just lead to the top guilds holding their realms hostage like with AQ.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    AQ gates would be awesome .. I wouldnt mind going for my AQ mount

i'd kind of prefer that they don't hinder progression,

perhaps like AQ but easier. the important things are:
    -feel like you're contributing to the cause
    -beneficial enough people bother with it

the two dailies at the tournament that said you were helping build the coliseum were neat, but you didn't actually have to turn in so many of them to get it built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yes an event like the AQ gates would be excellent. It would have to be just as long and hard though for it to be worth anything.
    For world bosses my Idea would be to make the raid fighting the world boss phased once the encounter happened that way noone could interfere and put them on 1 hour timers or even less. I remember the caravan you had to protect to spend those crystals to buy flasks for Gruul and if you failed to defend the caravan the vendors/npcs got killed and no flasks for you. This made the game more epic now its pretty cookie cutter .
    Last edited by Dethh; 2010-06-28 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Nah, I wouldn't like that. I am a raider with my ICC25 drake atm, without my own computer, and I can only show up for regular raids on a tight schedule, so I play at an internet café close to work. Being forced to participate in activities which stands for "First come first serve", would mean I had to basically wake up early every single morning, rush to the café and sit and wait on a wednesday when servers get up to get my fair share of whatever event is happening. I don't like feeling bound to world of warcraft, I have other chores to do in my life, being forced to do whatever will make me even more addicted which might ruin my real life again. Alot of people here play for fun, and by that I mean log in, do some dailies, daily random heroic, occasional world events for some rare items and log off at whatever time is comfortable for them. AQ was just a rush to whoever completes shit first, and then brag about "OLOL I HAVE SCARAB LORD". 5 years ago, this was possible due to such a small part of the community raiding, but with the current population of raiders, it would be impossible. Include that with the "GEARSCORE" community that have no clue about raiding whatsoever (50% of the raiders atm), it would mean even more shit.

Basically, sure, make some weekly events that you can do whenever, like the Darkmoon Faire or the Fishing contest, but for the love of god, don't force me to do them, if I want my ashes of al'ar, I will start farming it, I'm not time-bound by a short sight. If I want something rare, I will do it whenever I have the time. Short story, yes, good idea as long as it makes the game enjoyable for everyone. Noblegarden, Lovefest, Midsummer world events are really fun imo, keep it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I likd how the Isle dailys counted as a large event from the start.

With all the 70s helping it made the progression into owning more and more of the surrounding areas better.

I enjoyd how one day you just get this small area then BAM mobs are gone and the faction set up shop.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I would like to see something like aq or isles again, but if they do it the quests/and or gathers must be something every 85 can do. That way no one group can hold up the server. If done carefully it would be great, but overall i like anything that makes the world feel more "alive"(such as when you complete a quest you actually see a change in the area were you quested).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    i'd kind of prefer that they don't hinder progression,

perhaps like AQ but easier. the important things are:
    -feel like you're contributing to the cause
    -beneficial enough people bother with it

the two dailies at the tournament that said you were helping build the coliseum were neat, but you didn't actually have to turn in so many of them to get it built.
    well we were helping AQ war effort (remember the place where we could turn in Artha's Tear and other plants, food, leather ETC for commendation?)

I wasn't back there in the AQ times. But the isle of qu(something or other), was pretty epic. I loved the pvp in that zone. I hated the fuckin guards though. gawd that was annoying (stupid OP ranged push back).

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved AQ, loved IoQD. All for this.