Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why, God, Why!? (Dealing with Aholes in the RDF)

When is blizzard going to put in something to rate people in the RDF? After running ToC reg today for the black heart, finally got it to drop and SURPRISE every plate wearer rolls on the thing. Sorry, did I say plate wearers? Because a druid rolled on it, as well as a rogue (gotta have pvp trinkets right?).

Now I'm not surprised. This character is my 4th tank, and I've lost the roll on the black heart to a DPS or healer 46 times so far (my warrior still holds the record at losing it 18 times before I finally won it) when qued as tank. Considering it doesn't drop every time, that's a lot of runs.

I understand people have OS's, and they need gear for them, but if you want a tanking trinket, tank the instance where it drops or hope the tank already has it. If you can't tank without a stam trinket, you can't tank with it. If you want the abyssal rune, don't go in as feral. If you want the banner, don't go in as boomkin. Etc.

Now I know I'm going to be trolled saying I'm QQing, but I legitimately want some way to deal with people who ninja, assholes, etc. I realize that a Rating system isn't ideal, it has a high potential for abuse. But IMO something needs to be done.

Any other ideas on good ways to resolve these types of problems? Thanks for your time. Peace.

WoW is an MMO... meaning you WILL play with people that dont give a fuck,
    blizzard wont do anything about it because yes, sometimes it is a good pvp trinket or whatever,

its a shit trinket anyway, go get the badge one.

the badge trinket is nowhere near as good as the black heart

Quote Originally Posted by Makaeith View Post
    QQ MORE. go farm badges and get the badge trinket.
    Maybe he already has it? Moron.

All we need is a "don't group with this person or any of the characters on their account ever again" button.

There really is no solution, people can be douchebags inside and outside of wow, you just gotta tough it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu View Post
    All we need is a "don't group with this person or any of the characters on their account ever again" button.
    There are so many people in a battlegroup that you will probably be grouped with the same person twice every year or so if you do a heroic a day, this will get you nowhere...
    Last edited by Spitfyre; 2010-06-27 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

If blizzard bothered to deal with morons: ie: banning them or actually removing their ability to loot.... hehehehehe they would lose a majority of their subscription base.. morons and trolls. it ain't gunna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Blizzard changes the loot method in the randoms in Cataclysm to something along the lines of:

- Main spec (the role you're in the instance for)
    - Off spec (whatever your class is designed for, i.e., no mages rolling on ArP gear)
    - Greed
    - Disenchant

Nothing bothers me more than waiting 15+ minutes in the queue on my Hunter and having the tank or healer roll against me and win an upgrade (tonight I lost the roll on the NES to the Pally tank >.< ).

If you want DPS gear, wait in the DPS queue.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Maybe he already has it? Moron.
    And maybe he doesn't have it? Calling people morons for no good reason is a sure-fire way to earn respect around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard wont do anything about it because yes, sometimes it is a good pvp trinket or whatever,

Stamina and large armor proc is shit?

Well, I better inform the tanking community. It seems they've been gearing up wrong for quite some time now...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeljak View Post
    And maybe he doesn't have it? Calling people morons for no good reason is a sure-fire way to earn respect around here.
    Yeah, and him telling the OP to "QQ" about it is a lot better. Why do you think he changed his post? Because he sounded like an ass hole.

In my opinion, blizzard needs to make the files they keep on the new LFG system public. So i know who has been kicked 100 times, who kicks people for no reasons and who leaves out of the blue.

I don't have the badge one (I'm assuming you're talking about the frost stam trinket) as tank is my OS, and I need frosts for my t10 on kitty. While the Black heart isn't great on all tanking classes (it's still decent on all of them, just not GREAT), it is pretty fantastic for a druid, because of the armor proc.

Also you do have 2 trinket slots, and up until you can pick up a Juggernaut's Vitality, Corpse Tongue Coin, Unidentifiable Organ, or Sindy's fang, you'll probably be rocking a black heart in one of your slots

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    In my opinion, blizzard needs to make the files they keep on the new LFG system public. So i know who has been kicked 100 times, who kicks people for no reasons and who leaves out of the blue.
    this actually would be nice.. sure I don't think Blizzard would do something like this, but I would like it.

The thing that does make me mad is when I go to an instance for a trinket, lets say Abyssal Rune in toc 5 man normal. And it finally drops and everyone passes except me and the tank(a druid or pally) and the tank wins it...when im the mage(for example) who needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    this actually would be nice.. sure I don't think Blizzard would do something like this, but I would like it.
    A person can dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

I need epics for DE

I understand your pain. I had the same issues and after second lose of a roll I did this:
    - Get an enchanter.
    - Form a group from your realm the old fashioned way (i.e. LFG from Dalaran) and inform them that you're farming the specific trinket and that there's enchanter in the group and there will be a lot of Abyss Crystals.
    - Queue, Kill, Reset, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    Now I'm not surprised. This character is my 4th tank, and I've lost the roll on the black heart to a DPS or healer 46 times so far (my warrior still holds the record at losing it 18 times before I finally won it) when qued as tank. Considering it doesn't drop every time, that's a lot of runs.
    You don't actually count do you?
    OT: Suck it up and move on, WoW is an MMO and you will have to deal with this. Sorry that you had to do the instance that many times, but it may be in your favor time wise to pug out an ulduar run, get the trinket off of ignis, sort of shitty compared to black heart but it'll at least probably replace the blue or green or w/e your using and get you into higher content raids, instead of wasting time on a shitty epic in a tier of content already behind.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja loot banner of victory/rune and force em to queue once again with you til u get the heart ^^^
    But I say it again "If u dont like it dont use dungeon finder" .